Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2014, 06:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

I need to watch it watch .. Tomorrow I will watch it I need to find time to watch it ..

And yer as I said before hate the impossible girl storyline
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
It's clear in this ep that Clara and Mr Pink will get together, I'm kinda hoping he joins them later in the season on an adventure.
I'm kinda hoping he dies. Soon. And brutally.

I really don't like him. Very irritating character, very boring, yet more stupid romance and I just can't be doing with him. Emotional range of a teaspoon and the personality of a pencil. I don't like the actors performance of him either, but the character itself is just bland, dull and annoying.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
"He'll never make a Time Lord"

Me:
That shocked me too,but sometimes,the most unlikely characters accomplish the greatest thing.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
That shocked me too,but sometimes,the most unlikely characters accomplish the greatest thing.
Yeah that was a great twist...
Old 09-14-2014, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed the episode. I just want to know what was hiding under the blanket.

I also need to mention how much I'm loving Capaldi as the Doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
"He'll never make a Time Lord"

Me:
That was also my reaction.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:59 PM
Loyal Fan

I enjoyed it. Very creepy, and cool glimpse of piece of Doctor's childhood. Since Clara left the toy solider with the Doctor in the past, but in the future it has become an heirloom in Danny Pink's family, have to wonder how that happens.
Lucycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucycat (View Post)
I enjoyed it. Very creepy, and cool glimpse of piece of Doctor's childhood. Since Clara left the toy solider with the Doctor in the past, but in the future it has become an heirloom in Danny Pink's family, have to wonder how that happens.
Orson (space man) gave to to Clara, who then gave it to the young Doctor.

I do wonder will Clara come across it at Danny's place or in the TARDIS with the Doctor?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just got around to watching the episode. I'm really loving Peter Capaldi's take on the doctor already. It is so clear that he has so much talent as an actor and he is putting it to good use in the role. This episode sort of felt like his shining moment of the season so far

And another positive side effect is that he is really bringing out some very good sides of Jenna in his interactions with her character. Clara is really starting to become my favourite companion from the new series.

Bad things in the show so far: Danny Pink. The character is off to a very poor start imo. Very bland and unimaginative storyline and the actor is not that convincing either

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

I think I'm in the minority, I didn't like this episode much at all.

I am with a few of you though, I don't like Danny Pink. I hope he dies too. Not a fan of the relationship of he's probably gonna have with Clara either.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To be fair they haven't shown much of Danny, remember the pilot with Micky? I think he does have issues from his time in the army and clearly he is no ladies man and has problems talking to Clara but as it was clearly shown this week they have a future together, just how much we see is unclear right now.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 05:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Watched it

I must say the time lord bit was surprising and with that shack being the same place that the war doctor went to as well made it a great twist

Calpaldi is brilliant as the doctor so funny great with the humour and the action scenes

I must say I like this version of Clara not that I disliked her before it's just 11th doctor and her was different he was babying her in a way and this doctor doesn't she need to think for herself and that's great cause she's a really strong character and this show it in a great way .. The link with her great this Clara I'm happy about

Pink .. Ok I don't mind him but they need to work more on him as a solider he shouldn't be as awkward I feel he should be a guy dealing with more that he shows .. I get why everyone dislike him ..but I hope they do something with him quick before they miss the mark and he becomes really annoying
Old 01-22-2016, 01:09 AM
Elite Fan

Some fans had an issue with Clara being able to travel into time-locked Gallifrey, even with the tardis safety controls off. But it makes complete sense, and not just because Clara is so soulmate-y with The Doctor she can pretty much do whatever (close tardis doors with a snap of her fingers, read Gallifrey, etc.)

It went like this...

* Utopia was at the "end of the universe" the way the last 10 minutes of a 3 hour movie are "the end of the movie." There could have been decades before the final crunch. There were still several some planets around (mostly uninhabitable) and millions of humans left.

* Listen was at an "end of the universe" post-Utopia. All the humans were gone. It was the last planet.

* Hell bent was the actual "end of the universe" with only minutes until the end of time/space.

Since they were on a ruined Gallifrey in Hell bent, that means that in Listen, Orson, The Doctor, & Clara were on a ruined Gallifrey without even knowing it. So when Clara used the psychic link to travel somewhere else and looked at The Doctor while doing so, it stayed in the same place but went back to an earlier point in The Doctor's timeline much like how in Hell bent, The Doctor & Clara stayed in place but went forward in time.

The something that was knocking in Listen was probably Ashildr. She probably knocked every day Orson was trapped there, either wanting company or assuming it was The Doctor. In Hell bent, she knocked again and once again, The Doctor opened the door to let her in.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Some fans had an issue with Clara being able to travel into time-locked Gallifrey, even with the tardis safety controls off. But it makes complete sense, and not just because Clara is so soulmate-y with The Doctor she can pretty much do whatever (close tardis doors with a snap of her fingers, read Gallifrey, etc.)

It went like this...

* Utopia was at the "end of the universe" the way the last 10 minutes of a 3 hour movie are "the end of the movie." There could have been decades before the final crunch. There were still several some planets around (mostly uninhabitable) and millions of humans left.

* Listen was at an "end of the universe" post-Utopia. All the humans were gone. It was the last planet.

* Hell bent was the actual "end of the universe" with only minutes until the end of time/space.

Since they were on a ruined Gallifrey in Hell bent, that means that in Listen, Orson, The Doctor, & Clara were on a ruined Gallifrey without even knowing it. So when Clara used the psychic link to travel somewhere else and looked at The Doctor while doing so, it stayed in the same place but went back to an earlier point in The Doctor's timeline much like how in Hell bent, The Doctor & Clara stayed in place but went forward in time.

The something that was knocking in Listen was probably Ashildr. She probably knocked every day Orson was trapped there, either wanting company or assuming it was The Doctor. In Hell bent, she knocked again and once again, The Doctor opened the door to let her in.
Interesting thoery that you thought it was Ashilr would of never thought of that ?..

What did you think about danny?
Old 01-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Elite Fan

I love Danny. I'm still surprised how much Clara loved Danny though. He's a really good guy but Jenna was hired because of her verbal gymnastics. Danny would not be able to keep up with Clara in conversations. Yeah, they could have a few deep discussions but none of the linguistic sparring that she could have with The Doctor.

I did think it was really cute how tongue tied he got around Clara and how when she went to his apartment to fix things he said, "I just get nervous."

I love that he wouldn't put up with games. "I don't do weird." It reminded me of Clara, actually, when she first met The Doctor. She was very upfront about what she would and would not accept in a relationship.

I am so floored with symmetry between The Doctor & Danny.

Clara mind-melds with the tardis, gets distracted thinking about Danny, and ends up time traveling to his past when he was a scared little boy alone in a room at night. She goes under his bed. She pretty much tucks him in. She gives an eloquent speech about fear. She is the reason he changed his name. She shaped his view of soldiers and his life mission. The gunless soldier has great importance to him. He didn't remember Clara visiting him but he did remember her message. While being Dan the Soldier Man he ended up killing a child but was able to undo it. That death led to him dedicating his life to helping children. He was a soldier AND a teacher.

Clara mind-melds with the tardis, gets distracted thinking about The Doctor, and ends up time traveling to his past when he was a scared little boy alone in a room at night. She goes under his bed. She pretty much tucks him. She gives an eloquent speech about fear. She is the reason he changed his name. She shaped his view of soldiers and his life mission. The gunless soldier has great importance to him. He didn't remember Clara visiting him but he did remember her message. While being The Doctor he ended up killing billions of children but was able to undo it (or rather, he only thought he killed them). Those deaths led to him never being able to not help a child in need. He was a soldier AND a teacher (Doctor means "healer" & "teacher").

It is really interesting when he was a child The Doctor (or whatever his name was back then) thought he only had two options in life; Soldier or Time Lord, the Battlefield or the Academy.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 01-22-2016 at 07:09 PM
wilywiccan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Absolute Fan

The only thing that I really enjoyrd seeing in Listen was Clara travelling back to when the Doctor eas a boy. I found very little of interest in Danny Pink. No offense, but I gave him a go throughout all of Season 8 and was not impressed by him at all.
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread