Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2014, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed the episode and when the Doctor thought there could be a good Dalek, but it found his hatred. It makes sense that the Dalek would find that in the Doctor's mind.

I'm also loving the Doctor and Clara's relationship. I like Danny and how he noticed she'd changed her outfit.

I also really want to know who Missy is and why people and robots are turning up in so-called Heaven.

I don't know why the Doctor had a problem with her being a soldier.
Old 08-31-2014, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes it totaly makes sense that the Dalek would find hatered in the Doctor's mind!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
It's not like the Doctor to write somebody off like that, just because they happen to have a past that he doesn't like. He's usually the sort to try to redeem people, to look past who they are now to what they could be. I mean, wasn't that the point of this ep - even a Dalek can change, with the Doctor's help. It felt a bit forced, obviously to set up for tension when Clara tries to introduce her new friend (and former soldier) to the Doctor.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this season and this new Doctor. It's definitely darker and more focused on drama, that's for sure, and when there is humour it's more subdued. I think that if you were to watch this ep, then go back and watch the early RTD seasons, it would feel like a completely different show.

I'm curious to see the next ep though, because from the previews it seemed a little sillier and less serious than the first two stories.
Yer that true the doctor doesn't usual say no just like that but yer of course it's for future events aka mr Pink .. This doctors not as kind his less forgiving as the others which is sp new the first three had more humor to deal with the pain I do miss that humour but the drama good .. Darkness is a change but as you said going back to season 1 until now huge change ..
Old 08-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yes you do feel the shift in this season from humor to more derious drama with hints of humor.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:33 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
So do I-They're too silly for words. One is a clever pacifist and the other is an arrogant megalomaniac.

Can you elaborate on the Black Guardian theories?
Not really. I'd just read some speculation that person in black--mysterious plans--godlike powers--interfering with the Doctor's life--equals Black Guardian.

On the issue of soldiers, I'd read in the news a bit ago that soldiers in the UK are more negatively viewed than soldiers in the US. That might be part of it. It seems doubly unjust of the Doctor, though, since they were a small group holding out against a horde of Daleks. A lot of the time on Doctor Who, once those kind of scenarios start cropping up, a civilization is on the verge of being annihilated by the Daleks and their don't seem to be any true noncombatants left.

I'm a bit suspicious of the soldier Clara's met. The comment that he was a "lady killer" combined with the question of whether or not he had killed people who weren't soldiers (and what a horrible child that was, asking those sort of questions [I know he was old enough to be an obnoxious teenager, but horrible child seems to fit him better]). And his name is Pink. How many people have the last name Pink? Green, Brown, Black, White, even Redd, but Pink?

And this was in the same episode we met someone named Blue. I suppose the odds of this not being coincidence are how big? I'm trying to make a connection between her brother dying and Mr. Pink appearing, but I haven't got one yet. If there's some kind of joke on blue for boys, pink for girls, it's escaping me. The only other reference I have is little boy blue, which doesn't fit yet either (if this becomes the Doctor doing The Dark Tower and Blue has to blow whatever the horn was the Roland had in the restart scene, I suppose that will be something. Missy is the man in black. . . . Maybe not).
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I immediately thought Pink might be her brother and both of them think they're responsible for the other's death, but I've no idea how he could've turned up on Earth.

I think we'll see the sister again. Was her name Blue, then? I didn't catch that.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Lutesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I would have liked Journey to join them, who knows maybe if Rusty comes back later in the season with might get Journey, could be nice to have someone from the future in the TARDIS, especially if they go back to current day Earth.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree Craig. I think they are related too as well. It should be interesting to find if they are.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I would have liked Journey to join them, who knows maybe if Rusty comes back later in the season with might get Journey, could be nice to have someone from the future in the TARDIS, especially if they go back to current day Earth.
That's so true current series haven't really had that we have had jack who was kind of like that but he was from the past sort of .. Would be nice to have it the other way around
Old 09-01-2014, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

It would be interesting.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by quin611 (View Post)
It would be interesting.
A change of pace really
Old 09-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i didn't watch the episode, but I'm sure it was good.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Having the image of Rusty as a companion. . . .
Kelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well he had a Cyberman head and Strax so why not a Dalek
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well he had a Cyberman head and Strax so why not a Dalek
It's a great joke waiting to be created.