Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2014, 05:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

So much thing firstly Raonaild that's pretty exciting that the movie was still packed I didn't think it would be .. Just goes to show that the whovians fans are crazy and amazing

2nd the face thing I find a smart choice they did mention Moffat did that they will resolve the obvious question about him looking like the guy from Pompeii and the guy from torchwood .. It's a great question why does the doctor chose those faces ?? Cause we never knew before

Yes this episodes has a lot of flash back form the previous seasons the robots from Madame era and the ending scene being from Amy's era .. It's exciting cause I love when the doctor has though links and hint

To the lady

Spoiler:

Valstra and Clara scene i do understand both their points I felt though that valstra was taking to personal cause of the way she looks and when Clara question the way the doctor was it made her upset .. But she did go to far I mean I understand Clara's issue

The age thing I think it's us the new era had reasonable young actors so an 'older' doctor does trough us off .. But it's interesting how valstra made the point that he had the face for her Clara and probably Amy the only thing I still never saw was this flirting and romance .. I never really saw that with the doctor and and Clara ??
Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

I think only Rose and Martha flirted with him. That and Jack,but he flirts with everyone.

Clara didn't flirt with him,she just asked him to pose as her bf once. Maybe she had a thing for him in her head or she was attracted to him. I don't see why anyone who's seen the old one or knows about it would care about Capaldi's looks. Only some of the previous doctors were attractive and young and everyone knows that Matt Smith is the youngest doctor.

I loved how Clara told Vastra off-It was hilarious and too cute,especially when Jenny go angry and jealous.

Amy was only attracted to the doctor once and I figured it was because things with Martha were too awkward and Rose/Doctor was probably an exception.
Old 08-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Amy flirted and even made out with #11 early on. Didn't care for that because she was engaged to Rory, but she calmed down after that.

I liked Clara from the start, she was intriguing puzzle an Impossible Girl for us and the doctor. I understand that she needs an adjustment period when the doctor changes. She is like us, the audience... surprised, reluctant, unsure of this new guy who took over for our beloved #11. Eventually she has to decide to accept and trust him.

Which, I imagine, would be difficult when he leaves her in the midst of all those clock-work robots. Will he come back for her? This new doctor is not just different in appearance, but also is actions and attitude. He did come back for her, but waited until she got information from the robot guy before he revealed himself. Did the robot jump in the end, or was he pushed? With this new guy, who knows?

Can't wait for more.
Lucycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Yeah,I don't want romantic connections between the Doctor and his companions,except for River. Don't get me wrong-I love Doctor/Rose. I just think that it's not a good idea for the same reason why Ten mentioned. They'll all grow older and die,but he won't.
Old 08-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
ok thanks Rachel....

what time and day is Dr. Who on the BBC??
were you referring to me? it's on 9pm and intruders is at 10pm
Old 08-27-2014, 10:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Yeah,I don't want romantic connections between the Doctor and his companions,except for River. Don't get me wrong-I love Doctor/Rose. I just think that it's not a good idea for the same reason why Ten mentioned. They'll all grow older and die,but he won't.
I agree! I was so upset when they had Martha fall for him, too! Uggh, no!!!
I LOVE #11/River.

I suppose that is one thing with casting an older actor, the romance angle would be too weird. Plus, Peter said he did not want that with his Doctor.
Also, I heard.... [I guess I should put it in spoilers just in case]

Spoiler:
Lucycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

Martha could have been great,but she wasn't independent or strong-She needed the Doctor. It was stupid and he was in love with another woman.

Rose/Doctor made sense because she was just a kid and he saved her from her boring life and boring boyfriend. Martha was a grown-ass med student who should have known better. River was like the Doctor,which is why it was easy for him to love her.

Donna grew on me and she was so firm about having no interest in The Doctor. Amy kissing The Doctor and trying to make out with him bugged me. Rose hurting poor Mickey was bad enough,but wtf did Rory do? They were engaged!

I do want The Doctor to have more than Clara though. How cute would it be to run into Jenny? She's not his kid,she's Ten's. He's had kids as his sidekicks on the old show.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Martha could have been great,but she wasn't independent or strong-She needed the Doctor. It was stupid and he was in love with another woman.
I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of her character. She had to develop into being independent.
Dagenspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

See doctor having a relationship always complicated

Rose/doctor - that relationship makes sense cause she's young and she was his first for the new era .... Sometimes it was annoying cause she was a young girl in love with him.

Martha / doctor - yer see the only thing I hate about Martha was her love for the doctor yes she's a smart girl she was becoming a doctor .. It's understandable that she falls in love with him cause well his the doctor . In the end I think she was the bravest companion cause she left the doctor she decided to go away from him which is a strong thing to do .. But in the end she got Micky so shes happy

Donna/doctor - see this is my fav paring they were just friends and it was so refreshing she yelled at him and she told him off and she was special .. It was one of my fav season as a whole she wasn't in love with the doctor and it was a nice change of pace for this show .

Amy/doctor - different face and different companion it's was a cute relationship at first Amy did seen to have a crush on the doctor .. But i think she's was nervous to get married to Rory and the doctor what the next best thing but after that they became the best if friends so it worked out with Rory to

Clara / doctor - see this made me confuse this season cause I do think Clara has a crush in the doctor but I dint know if the doctor has a crush on her so this has my very confused
Old 08-27-2014, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear (View Post)
I'm pretty sure that was the whole point of her character. She had to develop into being independent.
It fell through,which made her boring. When I first started watching the show,she was touted as special because she was strong and independent. She didn't develop into an independent character until we see her again in S4. While she was with the doctor,she became irritating very quickly.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
It fell through,which made her boring. When I first started watching the show,she was touted as special because she was strong and independent. She didn't develop into an independent character until we see her again in S4. While she was with the doctor,she became irritating very quickly.
I disagree. She was independent the moment she left. She served her purpose as a character.
Dagenspear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 08:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagenspear (View Post)
I disagree. She was independent the moment she left. She served her purpose as a character.
I do think her leaving the doctor was a brace choice on her part in the new era not a
Lot of companions left or said no to the doctor
Old 08-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

editing this we are continuing the discussion

Last edited by Summer Falls; 08-30-2014 at 03:53 AM
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looking forward to seeing where we go next

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor
King of Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Elite Fan

Can I suggest that we set up a new thread for each new episode? So that if someone wants to discuss Episode 1, they know there is a definitive place to do so? That's what we do on the 24 Board...
Reply   Post New Thread