Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

Doctor Who S7xE10 "Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS" Episode Discussion

Old 04-27-2013, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was an okay episode, deeeefinitely not one of my favourites though.

Loved seeing some of the rooms in the TARDIS, especially the library, and seeing that 'memento' room, and the pool. And hey, that was the telescope from 'Tooth and Claw' Also exciting to hear some familiar voices

Was excited when I thought we'd finally get some development when the Doctor told Clara that he'd met her twice before - but of course time got rewritten so now she doesn't remember and it's like nothing happened

I'm not sure how they could just walk around in the heart of the TARDIS, when at the end of season one just looking into it basically turned Rose Tyler into a god, and was the reason that Nine regenerated.

And so... the Doctor's Big Huge Secret That Nobody Can Ever Know is his name, but he just leaves it lying around in a book? Okay... I have to say, I'm not really looking forward to the whole plot surrounding his name, I don't want to know, and I don't like that they're making it into a ~thing now. But the way Clara reacted to it, kind of made me think that it was something she had heard before, something she was familiar with? I don't know, that's just the feeling I got from it.

I love how Clara's dress kept changing from red to blue depending on the light in the scenes - I'm not sure what that's about yet but it definitely means something that she's always wearing red or blue. Something timey wimey no doubt

Wasn't too impressed with the resolution that the creatures were actually them from the future - why keep attacking your past self?

Ehhh I don't know, I think that's all I have to say for now!
Old 04-27-2013, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Great episode, really enjoyed it and it was probably one of the all time greatest performances of any actor playing the Doctor. He commanded the role, his dark stuff was fantastic, his funny bits was great and he was just brilliant.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Such an amazing episode I'm speechless! It was beyond amazing to see so much more of the TARDIS!!

Also: Clara knew the Doctor's name

Though I gotta say that this one guy basically ate himself... are we sure this is a kid's show?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really really enjoyed it. Loved seeing more of the tardis and seeing the Amy Pond era memorabilia And i also loved hearing Martha's voice I admit i was a bit frustrated with the fact that the Doctor told Clara but then time got rewritten but it's my own fault, i should've expected it
Old 04-28-2013, 06:07 AM
Master Fan

We heard Martha's voice? I totally missed that! Where?
Old 04-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

when Bram Van Baalen goes under the console of the tardis you can hear several voices there was Martha (the only one i heard clearly ) but there was also many others
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was a pretty good episode. I was very confused from get go but it was good.

Um...some things I just don't get?
How could Clara and Eleven be in the heart of the TARDIS since Rose almost died while seeing the heart of the TARDIS? And it took Mickey and Rose a huge truck to open the console and now we see that a panel can be taken off with a metal tool?
And a book, really? It's like his past companions couldn't read so they never bothered to open the book...unless it's in gallifreyan which brings the question - how could Clara read it?

ETA: And I don't want to know his name. I like him being just the doctor. It was good enough for 50 years and yeah

i love you. ♡

Last edited by 21:21; 04-28-2013 at 08:54 AM
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchgleek (View Post)
when Bram Van Baalen goes under the console of the tardis you can hear several voices there was Martha (the only one i heard clearly ) but there was also many others
Gotta rewatch that part with earplugs

And I'm pretty sure the only one who will get to hear the Doctor's name in the finale will be River (and maybe Clara) but not us.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just talked to some people, apparently Amy, Ninth and also Susan could be heard i love it

Quote:
unless it's in gallifreyan which brings the question - how could Clara read it?
That's an excellent question indeed
Old 04-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
It was a pretty good episode. I was very confused from get go but it was good.

Um...some things I just don't get?
How could Clara and Eleven be in the heart of the TARDIS since Rose almost died while seeing the heart of the TARDIS? And it took Mickey and Rose a huge truck to open the console and now we see that a panel can be taken off with a metal tool?
And a book, really? It's like his past companions couldn't read so they never bothered to open the book...unless it's in gallifreyan which brings the question - how could Clara read it?

ETA: And I don't want to know his name. I like him being just the doctor. It was good enough for 50 years and yeah
Yeah I'm right there with you

I mainly got distracted cause I heard Nine's voice in that bit
Old 04-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

echoes of the tardis
Old 04-28-2013, 07:35 PM
New Fan

The Tardis was broken so it contained itself for their safety thats how they were able to be in the heart of the tardis.
Deserama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:02 AM
Absolute Fan

this episode, this episode. First of all, I loved it, there were so many nods to the past that I don't have any other choice. The TARDIS trying to protect them was reminded me a lot of the TARDIS trying to warn them on "The edge of Destruction" and the Tardis itself like on "The Invasion of Time" (First Doctor).
Jenna was amazing and of course, so was Matt.
I was really creeped out by the burnt Clara & salvage crew guys, and I honestly can say that I squealed when the Eye of Harmony showed up, and I liked the twist of the Eye of Harmony showing the future and the past (like on the Eight Doctors, even though there it was partially open and it only showed the past).
I was a bit iffy about the ending, with the big reset button that took it all back. It was a bit of a letdown since I think it would be cool if Clara knew why the Doctor decided to take her as a companion already. But poor Clara now forgot everything.
Also iffy about the book about the History of the Time war just lying around easy to read with the Doctor's name on it. (Wouldn't it be written in Gallifreyan though?).

Regarding the Clara/Eleven dynamic I am having some problems with it. They give me a funny vibe, like they are still distant to each other and not trusting each other either. It's weird, because I never got this vibe with any other companion. Maybe it is what they intend to, with the Clara mistery and all, but, I can't help to feel that tense atmosphere about them.

ETA: i TOTALLY DID NOT SCREAM WHEN CLARA FOUND THE SEVENTH DOCTOR'S UMBRELLA

Last edited by Sursonica; 04-29-2013 at 09:50 AM
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I LOVED this episode, as I do with all of the episodes that you REALLY need to think about. Literally not one thing I didn't like about it.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure the only one who will get to hear the Doctor's name in the finale will be River (and maybe Clara) but not us.
I hope that is the case

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread