Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

Doctor Who S7x02 "Dinosaurs on a Spaceship" Episode Discussion

Old 09-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

So Mr Weasley and Filch were both in this episode.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

Poor episode of Doctor Who. Great idea, great storyline, rubbish script, cringeworthy dialogue and poor execution.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

I guess they can't all be Moffat gems.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to see I'm not the only one who wasn't impressed.

I knew I had seen that other guy somewhere. I recognized "Mr. Weasley" right away, but couldn't place the other dude.

Maybe I'm just being picky, but I have found more I didn't like with these 2 new episodes than stuff that I did like...
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So Mr Weasley and Filch were both in this episode.
And Lestrade

One of my favorite eps so far this season! Loved everything!

An issue came up though in Tumblr, wherein people are complaining about the Doctor letting the bad guy die, saying that it's OOC.

I haven't seen the entire series yet, I'm still in season 2, but I saw the Christmas ep where Matt Smith first appeared and I remember the Doctor saying he'd basically extinguished his race/planet. Was that by accident or intentional? And I don't necessarily think that this was a bad thing. OK, killing someone is bad yes, but I'm looking at it from the Doctor's perspective. The baddie was bad to the core. He killed the poor dinosaur and he kept referring to Nefertiti as an object. He doesn't have human perceptions - so I guess the Doctor felt it was "right" to do what he did.

Anyway... best thing was the Doctor kissing Rory

And basically everything he did!

Rory is a Weasley. It makes sense now.
Old 09-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterboyz (View Post)
And Lestrade

One of my favorite eps so far this season! Loved everything!
Its only episode 2

I'm glad I'm not alone in thinking it was poor. Doctor Who is not a comedy. It should never be written as such. Don't write it and try to be funny, just let the humour come naturally- the dialogue felt so contrived. Felt very let down.
Old 09-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Elite Fan

This is what happens when they try to put too much into one episode.

But I kinda like the look of that western one next week.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:48 AM
New Fan

Though not the best episode, it certainly was not as bad as some are making it out to be. I enjoyed the humor. The Doctor has a Christmas list.

And I think killing the bad guy was justified. After all, he 1) stole the space ship from the Silurians 2) killed the Silurians 3) coerced the Doctor into helping him, 4) threatened to kill the Doctor's friends and 5) kidnapped Nefertiti.

Did anyone else catch the look the Doctor made when he and Amy were repairing the drive and he said "You'll be the end of me." Then Amy said "or vice versa." That famous look that says I know what is going to happen and it will not be good.

And as a side note, Matt Smith is so lucky! He got to kiss Arthur Darvill!
Roman Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
This is what happens when they try to put too much into one episode.

But I kinda like the look of that western one next week.
Agreed on both
Old 09-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Here are my thoughts.
I didnt like the whole idea of the spaceship crashing but the overall episode was quite good. The whole bit with the queen and the hunter was a bit weird. I loved Brian. I thought the humor was good and in the end Matt really brought it all together. I also would have like to see the Silurians. I like them.
Bowtiesarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wonder why Nofretete called her husband boring, we are talking about the guy also known as Echnaton here. You know, the one who decreed monotheism for Egypt, worshipping only the sun god Aton and father of Tutanchaton, later known as Tutanchamun.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

It certainly wasn't the best episode of Doctor Who, but I still liked it.

About the doctor 'killing' the bad guy. He was often in situations, in which he gave the bad guy a choice and when he refused, the docter let him die. Of course in this episode, Solomon was willing to do anything in order to survive and the doctor still didn't help him. So yes, that was new, but not completely out of character imo.

Also loved the doctor giving Rory a kiss.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cydonia~ (View Post)
It certainly wasn't the best episode of Doctor Who, but I still liked it.

About the doctor 'killing' the bad guy. He was often in situations, in which he gave the bad guy a choice and when he refused, the docter let him die. Of course in this episode, Solomon was willing to do anything in order to survive and the doctor still didn't help him. So yes, that was new, but not completely out of character imo.

Also loved the doctor giving Rory a kiss.
All the new series compaions have kissed the Doctor. Obviously Moffat didnt want Rory to be the exception.
Bowtiesarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Absolute Fan

I thought I had come here, but I didn't was kinda with a lot of fever over the weekend so maybe it was a hallucination.

I liked it, it was entertaining, but not more than that. It was a fun episode, but not more than that.

Loved Brian though
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread