Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2021, 08:38 AM
  #286
New Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
which episode?

It's The Fury of the Deep. I looked into it and figured it out and got it all sorted out in my mind. I do wish they'd do another season.
Irelan5 is offline  
Old 03-17-2021, 07:47 PM
  #287
Moderator Manager

 
One Thing Remains's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who
 
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 76,368
Maybe they will! It would be cool if they did.
One Thing Remains is offline  
Old 03-18-2021, 01:50 AM
  #288
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,227
Those are two good Troughton era stories.
The Shadow Strikes is offline  
Old 03-20-2021, 08:49 AM
  #289
New Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
I saw an ad for one entitled The Lonely Assassin. What's that one about?
Irelan5 is offline  
Old 03-23-2021, 12:03 AM
  #290
New Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
I watched Fury From the Deep which turned out to be a three hour movie, a three hour movie. Fans of Gilligan's Island would get that. Anyway, it wasn't too bad. It reminded me of a Godzilla cartoon episode from the 70's called The Seaweed Monster which was about Godzilla battling a seaweed monster. Before that episode aired, the Doctor was dealing with a seaweed creature of his own.

I looked up cast members from the show and noticed that Roy Spencer is said to have been born in 1966, but the episode aired in 1968. How could he have been on Dr. Who when he was only one or two years old? I don't remember any babies in that episode.
Irelan5 is offline  
Old 03-24-2021, 04:43 AM
  #291
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 201,636
Are you watching the classic series ?
__________________
We’re gonna need the Ice Queen
killer frost
Summer Falls is offline  
Old 03-24-2021, 02:19 PM
  #292
New Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Are you watching the classic series ?
Yes I was.
Irelan5 is offline  
Old 03-24-2021, 06:37 PM
  #293
New Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Are you watching the classic series ?
I should clarify that I was watching it, and I finished it. I googled and found that Dr. Who Fury From the Deep aired in 1968. Plus it was an animated cartoon that looked the way old Dr. Who cartoons looked in the animation.
Irelan5 is offline  
Old 03-27-2021, 06:46 AM
  #294
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 201,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelan5 (View Post)
I should clarify that I was watching it, and I finished it. I googled and found that Dr. Who Fury From the Deep aired in 1968. Plus it was an animated cartoon that looked the way old Dr. Who cartoons looked in the animation.
Oh wow , I think there is a lot of those re animated episodes for the classic series
__________________
We’re gonna need the Ice Queen
killer frost
Summer Falls is offline  
Old 03-27-2021, 03:08 PM
  #295
Extreme Fan
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,227
On the back of the classic era dvds, they actually show the airdates, but with Fury From The Deep being fully animated, they didn't show them.
The Shadow Strikes is offline  
Old 03-28-2021, 12:26 AM
  #296
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 201,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
On the back of the classic era dvds, they actually show the airdates, but with Fury From The Deep being fully animated, they didn't show them.
Yeah I get that
__________________
We’re gonna need the Ice Queen
killer frost
Summer Falls is offline  
Old 04-03-2021, 07:10 PM
  #297
New Fan
 
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
On the back of the classic era dvds, they actually show the airdates, but with Fury From The Deep being fully animated, they didn't show them.

I was going by when Google said it aired, and it showed 1968 as being the original air date.
Irelan5 is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 07:20 AM
  #298
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 201,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irelan5 (View Post)
I was going by when Google said it aired, and it showed 1968 as being the original air date.
are they showing different dates?
__________________
We’re gonna need the Ice Queen
killer frost
Summer Falls is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 10:51 AM
  #299
Extreme Fan
 
Waldfrau's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 2,701
(I have no idea, classic who still confuses me a lot.)

I'm just listening to the s7 music by Murray Gold. It's so great! Gives me goosebumps all over again. Maybe I can convince a friend to play "Clara?" on the piano, I wonder if I could play the lead voice an octave lower on the clarinet. The sheet for the piano is available online.
Waldfrau is offline  
Old 04-08-2021, 04:46 AM
  #300
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 201,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
(I have no idea, classic who still confuses me a lot.)

I'm just listening to the s7 music by Murray Gold. It's so great! Gives me goosebumps all over again. Maybe I can convince a friend to play "Clara?" on the piano, I wonder if I could play the lead voice an octave lower on the clarinet. The sheet for the piano is available online.
I miss the old music he was awesome
__________________
We’re gonna need the Ice Queen
killer frost
Summer Falls is offline  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
doctor who, general discussion


Forum Affiliates
Agents of GUARD, Jenna Louise Coleman France
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2021.

Copyright © 1998-2021, Fan Forum.


TEST