Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
I will have some questions too Lindsay. I have watched the Classic series but I don't remember all of it. I haven't done a rewatch of the older series since the new series came out. I am sure I have forgotten more than I remember
If the Doctor stays blind and another daughter or granddaughter gets cloned, here will be another joke to make. Have you seen the Doctor's latest daughter from Doctor Who? If something says no, then you can say neither has he; but if someone says yes, you can say he hasn't.
the5billionthquackwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

If the thread gets locked after 300 posts, that can get confusing if it gets locked down because it'll be hard to navigate to the 300th post. A time lord on Doctor Who can regenerate 900 times, which probably doesn't have any bearing on the rules, so how about a link to the last post after a thread gets locked please? I'll try to write the crossover with Doctor Who and The Simpsons tomorrow because it's getting late, and my phone keeps taking it away when I try to write it.
God bless, Jason Scott Irelan
Old 05-20-2017, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5billionthquackwho (View Post)
If the thread gets locked after 300 posts, that can get confusing if it gets locked down because it'll be hard to navigate to the 300th post. A time lord on Doctor Who can regenerate 900 times, which probably doesn't have any bearing on the rules, so how about a link to the last post after a thread gets locked please? I'll try to write the crossover with Doctor Who and The Simpsons tomorrow because it's getting late, and my phone keeps taking it away when I try to write it.
We always link it wnd you can always veiw the index page onto
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 12:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is it possible that Claire might have seen angel statues before that one where one was buried in cold white stuff?
Old 05-27-2017, 07:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

Well I'm finally going to get a chance to watch Torchwood. Are there any other Doctor Who spin-offs besides Torchwood and Class? If so, do they show them on BBCA? Also, are Class, Torchwood and any others filmed in England like Doctor Who is?
Old 05-27-2017, 08:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who

Here is a list of all the Doctor Who spin offs: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who_spin-offs

I don't know for sure where they are all filmed.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 12:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

I tried that link, but I didn't even see Class or Torchwood let alone any other spin-offs.
Old 05-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who

Both Torchwood and Class were mentioned in the article I listed above. The article divided the spin offs by genre and they are both listed under the section titled Television.

Here is what the article said about both:

Quote:
Following the success of the first series of the revived Doctor Who, a new spin-off titled Torchwood became the first to be commissioned as a full television series. In contrast to its parent show, Torchwood was initially conceived by creator Russell T Davies as an "adult" program to be broadcast post-watershed.[13] It is set in modern-day Cardiff and revolves around a team investigating alien activities and crime. The series features John Barrowman playing former Ninth Doctor companion Jack Harkness, police officer Gwen Cooper, computer expert Toshiko Sato, medic Owen Harper and "support man", Ianto Jones. The first episode aired 22 October 2006 and received a record BBC Three (and all British cable television record for a locally produced non-sporting event) high rating of 2.4 million viewers.[14] The first series (Oct '06-Jan '07) comprised 13 episodes broadcast on BBC Three, and was followed by a second 13-part series (Jan '08-Apr '08) broadcast on BBC Two. A third series was written as a 5-part miniseries titled Torchwood: Children of Earth, airing on 5 consecutive nights from 6–10 July 2009 on BBC One. A fourth series was similarly structured as a single story told as a 10-part miniseries, titled Torchwood: Miracle Day; unlike previous series, Miracle Day was a co-production between the BBC and the American cable television channel Starz. The fourth series premiered on July 8, 2011 on Starz in the U.S. and on July 14, 2011 on BBC One in the U.K.
Quote:
On 1 October 2015 the BBC announced a new spin-off titled, Class, which is set in Coal Hill School. It premièred on BBC Three on 22 October 2016. The eight episode series is written by Patrick Ness.[20] In March 2016, it was announced that Greg Austin would be cast as Charlie.[21]

There are several other spins-listed under the Television section as well. There are also many spin-offs listed under each of the other genres. Some of the different ones listed are audio, video, comic, cinema, ect.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you kindly, but it's the several others that I'm wondering about. Titles will do.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thank you kindly, but it's the several others that I'm wondering about. Titles will do.
Which others?
Old 06-04-2017, 06:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
We always link it wnd you can always veiw the index page onto
That's what I want to know. What are the titles of other spin-offs? Is there a Doctor Who spin-off called UNIT? I started watching the latest Doctor Who episode The Lie of the Land where these monks arrested someone for having a box of comic books. I wonder if there were any Doctor Who comics in that box. It's a good thing those monks aren't real and harassing people for having boxes of comic books because I'd be guilty of that myself. Plus there's a guy who's in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most comic books.
Old 06-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
That's what I want to know. What are the titles of other spin-offs? Is there a Doctor Who spin-off called UNIT? I started watching the latest Doctor Who episode The Lie of the Land where these monks arrested someone for having a box of comic books. I wonder if there were any Doctor Who comics in that box. It's a good thing those monks aren't real and harassing people for having boxes of comic books because I'd be guilty of that myself. Plus there's a guy who's in the Guinness Book of World Records for having the most comic books.
So there are three like co mod said sarah jane chronicles, torchwood and class all were spin offs of doctor who of the newer series

And 2 from the classics K9 and K9 and friends no unit
Old 06-05-2017, 12:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you kindly. I'll probably have questions about the next Doctor Who episode because it'll be about Mars. It's on Saturday, so please be prepared and watch.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Thank you kindly. I'll probably have questions about the next Doctor Who episode because it'll be about Mars. It's on Saturday, so please be prepared and watch.
Ok
Old 06-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Doctor Who

we will be ready with all your questions
Reply   Post New Thread