Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

Doctor Who: On this day

One This Day

Here a thread dedicated to tell you all the Doctor Who things that happen
on the day few years back it will reminds you of fav episodes and
events that has happen on this great show .. i hope you enjoy it

Each day I'll post what information about the history of the day in Doctor Who. Episodes airing, first/last appearances of characters, actors birth/deaths etc. I think this is will be a good way to celebrate Doctor Who's history in its 50th year.

So lets start with today.

25th Febuary:

The Moonbase Episode 3 was broadcast in 1967 at 5:50pm, watched by 8.20 million viewers.

The Invasion of Time Episode 4 was broadcast in 1978 at 6:25pm, watched by 10.90 million viewers.

Birthdays

Bernard Bresslaw who appeared in 6 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Varga, the Ice Warrior in The Ice Warriors, was born in 1934. Died in 1993, aged 59.

Malcolm Tierney who appeared in 4 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Doland in The Trial of a Time Lord (Terror of the Vervoids), is 75 today.

George Harrison who appeared in 1 episode of Doctor Who, and played Himself in The Chase, was born in 1943. Died in 2001, aged 58.

Bill Lyons who appeared in 1 episode of Doctor Who, and played Guard on Denes in The Enemy of the World, is 68 today.

Lee Evans who appeared in 1 episode of Doctor Who, and played Professor Malcolm Taylor in Planet of the Dead, is 49 today.

Mark Griffin who appeared in 2 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Phil in The Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon, is 45 today.

Christien Anholt who appeared in 3 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Perkins in The Curse of Fenric, is 42 today.

Deaths

In 1987 John Colin, who played Brock in The Leisure Hive, sadly died at the age of 58

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 04-21-2015 at 10:42 AM
Old 02-27-2013, 07:58 AM
Master Fan

I love this! Yeah! Let's do it!!! I'll Google some stuff too
Old 02-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

What an interesting idea! Have fun researching.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:19 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh very smart
Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Sorry I've not updated it in the last few days, I've been really busy but here it is for today:

On This Day: 3 March

Episodes

Frontier In Space Episode 2 was broadcast in 1973 at 5:53pm, watched by 7.80 million viewers.

Birthday

John Woodnutt who appeared in 10 episodes of Doctor Who, and, amongst other roles, played Hibbert in Spearhead in Space, was born in 1924. Died in 2006, aged 81.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shirley Cooklin who appeared in 4 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Kaftan in The Tomb of the Cybermen, is 83 today.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Ladkin who appeared in 1 episode of Doctor Who, and played R.A.F. Pilot in The Faceless Ones, is 68 today.

Professor Brian Cox who appeared in 1 episode of Doctor Who, and played Himself in The Power Of Three, is 45 today.

Sarah Smart who appeared in 2 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Jennifer Lucas in The Rebel Flesh / The Almost People, is 36 today.

Deaths

in 1992 Robert Beatty, who played General Cutler in The Tenth Planet died at the age of 82

in 2004 Sheila Dunn, who played Blossom Lefevre in The Daleks' Master Plan died at the age of 63
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 5 March

Episodes:

The Ark: The Steel Sky was broadcast in 1966 at 5:15pm, watched by 5.50 million viewers.

The Talons of Weng-Chiang Episode 2 was broadcast in 1977 at 6:37pm, watched by 9.80 million viewers.

Torchwood:: Something Borrowed was broadcast in 2008 at 9:50pm, watched by 0.98 million viewers.

Birthdays

Arthur Howell and who worked on 10 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Stunt Man, was born in 1920. Died in 2003, aged 82.

Bruce Wightman who appeared in 5 episodes of Doctor Who, and played William de Tornebu, was born in 1925. Died in 2009, aged 83.

Gertan Klauber who appeared in 5 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Ola, was born in 1932. Died in 2008, aged 76.

Nicholas Smith who appeared in 3 episodes of Doctor Who, and played Wells, is 79 today.

James Moran who worked on 1 episode of Doctor Who and on 1 episodes of Games and on 2 episodes of Torchwood, including as a Writer, is 41 today.

Lucian Msamati who appeared in 1 episode of Doctor Who, and played Guido, is 37 today.

Deaths

in 2012 Philip Madoc, who played War Lord died at the age of 77
Old 03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 7th March
Marco Polo: Five Hundred Eyes was broadcast in 1964 at 5:16pm, watched by 9.40 million viewers.

Doctor Who And The Silurians: Episode 6 was broadcast in 1970 at 5:15pm, watched by 7.20 million viewers.

Logopolis: Episode 2 was broadcast in 1981 at 5:09pm, watched by 7.70 million viewers.

Birthdays
Victoria Alcock is 48 today - credited as Angela in Planet of the Dead

Gordon Flemyng (died 1995 aged 61) would be 79 today - 2 credits, including Director for Aaru Movies: Dr Who and the Daleks

Brian Hayles (died 1978 aged 48) would be 83 today - 6 credits, including Writer for The Celestial Toymaker

George A Cooper is 88 today - credited as Cherub in The Smugglers
Old 03-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 8th March

Episodes

The Space Pirates: Episode 1 was broadcast in 1969 at 5:15pm, watched by 5.80 million viewers.

Genesis of the Daleks: Episode 1 was broadcast in 1975 at 5:30pm, watched by 10.70 million viewers.

Earthshock: Episode 1 was broadcast in 1982 at 6:56pm, watched by 9.10 million viewers.

Enlightenment: Episode 3 was broadcast in 1983 at 6:55pm, watched by 6.20 million viewers.

The Caves of Androzani: Episode 1 was broadcast in 1984 at 6:41pm, watched by 6.90 million viewers.

Birthdays

Lorelei King is 50 today - credited as Narrator in A Town Called Mercy

Paul Clayton is 56 today - 2 credits, including Mergrass in The Infinite Quest

Christopher Wray is 73 today - 2 credits, including PC Groom in The Dæmons

George Tovey (died 1982 aged 68) would be 99 today - credited as Ernie Clements in Pyramids of Mars

Deaths

Cheryl Molineaux (died 2012) - credited as Miss Rutherford in The Ambassadors of Death

Tony Imi (died 2010 aged 82) - credited as Film Cameraman for The Faceless Ones
Old 03-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 9th March

Episodes:
The Web of Fear: Episode 6 was broadcast in 1968 at 5:25pm, watched by 8.30 million viewers.

Death to the Daleks: Episode 3 was broadcast in 1974 at 5:30pm, watched by 10.50 million viewers.

Earthshock: Episode 2 was broadcast in 1982 at 7:06pm, watched by 8.80 million viewers.

Enlightenment: Episode 4 was broadcast in 1983 at 6:46pm, watched by 7.30 million viewers.

The Caves of Androzani: Episode 2 was broadcast in 1984 at 6:41pm, watched by 6.60 million viewers.

Timelash: Episode 1 was broadcast in 1985 at 5:23pm, watched by 6.70 million viewers.

Birthdays
Francesca Miller is 26 today - credited as Young Andrea in The Sarah Jane Adventures: Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane?

Mark Straker is 57 today - credited as Second Trooper in Earthshock

Chris Clough is 62 today - 6 credits, including Director for The Trial of a Time Lord (Terror of the Vervoids)

Tom Adams is 75 today - credited as Vorshak in Warriors of the Deep

Peter Hill (died 1995 aged 63) would be 81 today - credited as Manager in Day of the Daleks

Eddie Powell (died 2000 aged 73) would be 86 today - 2 credits, including Stunt Double for Doctor Who in The Deadly Assassin

Keith Pyott (died 1968 aged 66) would be 111 today - credited as Autloc in The Aztecs

Deaths
Jeremy Silberston (died 2006 aged 55) - credited as Production Manager for The King's Demons

Terry Nation (died 1997 aged 66) - 11 credits, including Writer for The Daleks
Old 03-13-2013, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 13th March

Episodes

The Web Planet: Invasion was broadcast in 1965 at 5:40pm, watched by 12.00 million viewers.

The Claws of Axos: Episode 1 was broadcast in 1971 at 5:15pm, watched by 7.30 million viewers.

The Sarah Jane Adventures: From Raxacoricofallapatorius with Love (Comic Relief) was broadcast in 2009 at 7:25pm, watched by 8.30 million viewers.

Birthdays
Dione Inman is 57 today - credited as Elena in The Twin Dilemma

Michael Walker is 72 today - 2 credits, including 1st Radar Operator in The Claws of Axos

Christopher Gable (died 1998 aged 58) would be 73 today - credited as Sharaz Jek in The Caves of Androzani

David McKail is 75 today - credited as Sergeant Kyle in The Talons of Weng-Chiang

George Pastell (died 1976 aged 53) would be 90 today - credited as Eric Klieg in The Tomb of the Cybermen

Adam Dawson (died 2010 aged 96) would be 100 today - credited as Film Editor for Spearhead From Space

Deaths
Ronald Fraser (died 1997 aged 66) - credited as Joseph C. in The Happiness Patrol

Sorry I missed a couple of days, I've been really busy, but I'm wondering if there is enough interest to keep doing it, as it seems to be just me talking to myself
Old 03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Absolute Fan

You forgot 11th March

Birthdays:
Alex Kingston (River Song) turned 50
John Barrowman (Jack Harkness) turned 46
Old 03-14-2013, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

Whoa. Any episode with the Daleks were top-raters!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 17th March

Episodes

Frontier In Space: Episode 4 was broadcast in 1973 at 5:50pm, watched by 7.10 million viewers.

Birthdays
Sam Watts is 31 today - 26 credits, including Incidental Music for Invasion of the Bane(SJA)

Jane Tranter is 50 today - 8 credits, including Executive Producer for The New World(TW)

Petra Markham is 66 today - credited as Safiya in The Crusade

Nick Hewer is 69 today - credited as Himself in The Power Of Three

Michael Napier-Brown is 76 today - credited as Arturo Villar in The War Games

Deaths

Michael Gough (died 2011 aged 94) - 2 credits, including Toymaker in The Celestial Toymaker

Donald Baverstock (died 1995 aged 71) - credited as Controller of Programmes for BBC1 for The Creation of Doctor Who(POI)

John Dearth (died 1984 aged 63) - 2 credits, including Lupton in Planet of the Spiders

Been really busy so if I don't get a chance to update, go to Doctor Who News - there's an On This Day on the right hand side of the page so just copy and paste here
Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 18th March
The Macra Terror: Episode 2 was broadcast in 1967 at 5:51pm, watched by 7.90 million viewers.
The Sea Devils: Episode 4 was broadcast in 1972 at 5:50pm, watched by 7.80 million viewers.
Space / Time (Comic Relief): Space was broadcast in 2011 at 7:00pm
Space / Time (Comic Relief): Time was broadcast in 2011 at 8:00pm
Birthdays
Duane Henry is 28 today - credited as Mechanic Claude in Midnight

Sophia Myles is 33 today - credited as Reinette in The Girl in the Fireplace

Courtney Pine is 49 today - credited as Jazz Quartet Member in Silver Nemesis

John Fraser is 82 today - credited as The Monitor in Logopolis

Deaths
Michael Attwell (died 2006 aged 63) - 2 credits, including Isbur, the Ice Warrior in The Ice Warriors

Lewis Greifer (died 2003 aged 87) - credited as Writer for Pyramids of Mars

Jacqueline Hill (died 1993 aged 63) - 17 credits, including Barbara Wright in An Unearthly Child

Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Elite Fan

On This Day: 20th March
The Web Planet: The Centre was broadcast in 1965 at 5:55pm, watched by 11.50 million viewers.

The Claws of Axos: Episode 2 was broadcast in 1971 at 5:15pm, watched by 8.00 million viewers.

Birthdays
Freema Agyeman is 34 today - 21 credits, including Martha Jones in Smith and Jones

Marc Warren is 46 today - credited as Elton Pope in Love and Monsters

Steve McFadden is 54 today - credited as Phil Mitchell in Dimensions In Time(Misc)

John De Lancie is 65 today - 3 credits, including Allen Shapiro in End of the Road(TW)

Howard Lang (died 1989 aged 78) would be 102 today - credited as Horg in An Unearthly Child
Closed Thread   Post New Thread