Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2016, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
Have you heard anything from the Tennant-Tate audio series yet?
Listened to it the day it came out! Technophobia was particularly good.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:23 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Listened to it the day it came out! Technophobia was particularly good.
thats tenants first audio series yer?
Old 12-27-2016, 12:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
thats tenants first audio series yer?
It is indeed...

First two days of their annual 12 Days of Big Finishmas sale:
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/out...-2-on-download
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/12-...-2---torchwood
Old 12-27-2016, 05:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It is indeed...

First two days of their annual 12 Days of Big Finishmas sale:
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/out...-2-on-download
https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/12-...-2---torchwood
Awesome
Old 02-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Elite Fan

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/doc...special-offers

Massive savings on 75 audios!
Old 02-16-2017, 10:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Need to look into this .. whats you fav audio book?
Old 02-18-2017, 05:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Need to look into this .. whats you fav audio book?
Excellent question. The fantastic thing about Big Finish is that there are so many excellent ranges- the Main Range, Eighth Doctor Adventures, Fourth Doctor Adventures, Companion Chronacles, War Doctor, New Series stuff, Lost Stories, Jago and Litefoot (a personal favourite of mine), The Early Adventures, Novel Adaptations, Special boxset releases- just so much. I'll limit it to the first 125 releases that are currently on sale til Monday though.

1. Master (Just a gripping drama. I'd put this among the pantheon of Doctor Who stories. The elite of the elite and permanently reduced to £2.99. Very dark and completely compelling.)
2. Son of the Dragon (The Followings' James Purefoy playing Dracula is all I needed for me to get this one but it is a superb story)
3. Robophobia (Not in the first 125 releases but for this month reduced to £2.99 on download. Like Master, it is dark but it is so well acted and is very gripping and intriguing.)
4. Circular Time (A very different release but part four in particular is stunning)
5. Forty Five (Staring Benedict Cumberbatch, again a very different release but is superb)

Would probably be my top 5- those would be my recommendations- but there are so many great audios in those 125 alone- Mind's Eye, The Girl Who Never Was, The Condemned, Bride of Peladon, Spectre of Lanyon Moor, Doctor Who and the Pirates, Terror Firma- that you can't go wrong with any of them. The first 50 releases are always at £2.99.

I don't own all 125 so I'll be grabbing some bargains myself, but they are all just so excellent. Can't go wrong.
Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 PM
Absolute Fan

For me it has to be The Last Adventure, as it helps me appreciate Season 23 more.
Old 03-02-2017, 06:33 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Excellent question. The fantastic thing about Big Finish is that there are so many excellent ranges- the Main Range, Eighth Doctor Adventures, Fourth Doctor Adventures, Companion Chronacles, War Doctor, New Series stuff, Lost Stories, Jago and Litefoot (a personal favourite of mine), The Early Adventures, Novel Adaptations, Special boxset releases- just so much. I'll limit it to the first 125 releases that are currently on sale til Monday though.

1. Master (Just a gripping drama. I'd put this among the pantheon of Doctor Who stories. The elite of the elite and permanently reduced to £2.99. Very dark and completely compelling.)
2. Son of the Dragon (The Followings' James Purefoy playing Dracula is all I needed for me to get this one but it is a superb story)
3. Robophobia (Not in the first 125 releases but for this month reduced to £2.99 on download. Like Master, it is dark but it is so well acted and is very gripping and intriguing.)
4. Circular Time (A very different release but part four in particular is stunning)
5. Forty Five (Staring Benedict Cumberbatch, again a very different release but is superb)

Would probably be my top 5- those would be my recommendations- but there are so many great audios in those 125 alone- Mind's Eye, The Girl Who Never Was, The Condemned, Bride of Peladon, Spectre of Lanyon Moor, Doctor Who and the Pirates, Terror Firma- that you can't go wrong with any of them. The first 50 releases are always at £2.99.

I don't own all 125 so I'll be grabbing some bargains myself, but they are all just so excellent. Can't go wrong.
Oh good list
Old 07-31-2017, 02:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
They've been doing it for a few years now.
I don’t think that they do their Audo recording on the same days. Though I could be wrong about that.

I alway found it interesting that you could watch their episodes and you could tell if they had been have an argument before the filming because they are not looking at each other when they are doing a scene together.

Still i’m So glad that Big Finish was about to keep the series going with there was nothing else being done for the show.

I was having a great night with friends then I woke up in the morning to find that I had been Bagged and Tagged. And I though to myself at least I didn't get a Tattoo.
Old 07-31-2017, 06:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabberwocky (View Post)
I don’t think that they do their Audo recording on the same days. Though I could be wrong about that.

I alway found it interesting that you could watch their episodes and you could tell if they had been have an argument before the filming because they are not looking at each other when they are doing a scene together.

Still i’m So glad that Big Finish was about to keep the series going with there was nothing else being done for the show.
i didnt know they did that interesting and akward
Old 07-31-2017, 03:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I never noticed that. It would definitely be awkward though
Old 09-07-2017, 06:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

do we still wish to keep this thread open?
Old 09-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Is this the only thread we have for the audio series? Is it popular? I didn't even realize there was an Audio version of Doctor Who until I saw this thread to be honest.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Is this the only thread we have for the audio series? Is it popular? I didn't even realize there was an Audio version of Doctor Who until I saw this thread to be honest.
we this is the only thread i know my old co mod and another fan use to listen to them i havent listern to it so i could merge it or close it ?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread