Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2008, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He didn't look too happy about it though

then again, Rose helped him pilot the TARDIS a couple of times too, they just didn't make such a big deal out of it as when Donna did it. Made me think that would be significant in later episodes maybe, that we know that she can at least partly operate the TARDIS.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Master Fan

With Rose though, he was just telling her to push buttons and such, I don't recall her actually piloting the ship on her own.

But yeah, seems like it might be significant later on. Actually, I thought it might come up in The Poison Sky when Donna was trapped in the TARDIS on the Sontaran ship. If she really knew how to fly the thing, she might've been able to take it back to Earth.

Other times when companions flew the TARDIS by themselves, it was using the fast return switch to return the TARDIS to its previous location. That was basically what Rose did in The Parting of the Ways, although I don't think they actually used that term in the ep.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Elite Fan

Let's talk about the sexiest ship in the universe
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

I liked that in S5 the TARDIS featured more than previous seasons. She was almost another character.

Did anyone else get the sense that part of the reason the Doctor sacrificed himself in The Big Bang was that he felt that if the TARDIS was gone, maybe he didn't belong in the universe either?

Also, I think that may have been the first time in the New Series that the Doctor talked about the fact that he originally stole the TARDIS, or "borrowed" it. I loved how Moffat fit that in so naturally and it was such an important aspect of the conclusion, and yet it wasn't something new that he invented - it came from the classic series.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Did anyone else get the sense that part of the reason the Doctor sacrificed himself in The Big Bang was that he felt that if the TARDIS was gone, maybe he didn't belong in the universe either?
Yeah, I definitely did get this feeling, too.

I love that we got to see more of the TARDIS in S5, I'm still hoping to see some other rooms in the future, while we necessarily don't have to see them to know they're there, it would still be fun. I remember before the season started, there was talk of an episode set entirely in the TARDIS (and in a way Amy's Choice was exactly that, but yeah.. differently), I still think that would be really cool.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

There's a rumour that one of the adventure games will take place entirely in the TARDIS. Which I hope is true, because I was disappointed in the first two that you couldn't just wander around the TARDIS at any point. The games only included a few cutscenes in the TARDIS, nothing interactive.
Old 08-09-2010, 06:18 AM
Extreme Fan

^ I hope that rumour is true
that would be awesome!!

MUSIC / TV SHOWS / MOVIES
dreamer extraordinaire. happy wife.
Mimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Master Fan

That's awesome. I do hope that rumour is true, I'd love to get to go round the TARDIS in the game.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
There's a rumour that one of the adventure games will take place entirely in the TARDIS. Which I hope is true, because I was disappointed in the first two that you couldn't just wander around the TARDIS at any point. The games only included a few cutscenes in the TARDIS, nothing interactive.
Okay, this would even be a million times better than just seeing it in the show. Actually getting to BE in the TARDIS (yes, obviously when I'm playing a computer game I'm *there*..) would be amazing! I'd probably neglect the actual game play and just wander around, much like I did in the HP games where I'd just stroll through Hogwarts for ages
Old 08-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'd probably neglect the actual game play and just wander around,
Me too probably. Get to pretend the TARDIS is actually real.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

It did occur to me as I was playing the games that all they really needed was a TARDIS sim, even without a story it would be very popular. You could wander around and find all the rooms that have ever had a mention on the show, plus all sorts of other incongruous places, and just look at them, maybe with bits of series trivia thrown in. If you wanted to get fancy, you could also have the sim move the rooms around randomly, that's how I always imagined the TARDIS would work.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

They could even just put a bit in at the beginning of one of the adventure games so you can wander around, but then I guess they wouldn't want to create all the rooms just for the beginning of one of them.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

The game aside, I do hope though that we get to see other rooms in the TARDIS on the show. I was happy that the TARDIS featured so much in S5, and I hope that continues. Now that we've seen most of the nooks and crannies of the new console room, let's see where some of those staircases go.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
Elite Fan

the tardis owns me. add me please.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

Added.

I've been working my way through the S5 Blu-ray set, and I was surprised to see that the old TARDIS set was still around even after they built the new one, on an adjacent set. I know that they didn't film The Eleventh Hour first, but I would have thought they'd try to get that short scene with the old TARDIS console room right away so they could strike the set. The few bits of the old console room in that ep didn't really require the full set.
Reply   Post New Thread