Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Master Fan

I think he simply cares more about spacey stuff and the kissy stuff just gets lost under all of the planets and aliens and time periods and adventures
Old 06-26-2013, 05:32 AM
Master Fan

x
Old 06-26-2013, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

Yeah a little more than a friend, alright
Old 06-28-2013, 07:08 AM
Master Fan

Old 06-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Well, her parents were his best friends. So yeah, I can kinda see how they could be close because of that.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Graphics Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by | Sofia | (View Post)
Yeah a little more than a friend, alright
Yeah of course.
She was so holding back on that though.

A little more than a friend? Try alot more.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 06-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Graphics Team

Oh btw guys I was fiddling around with the OP. I've added some stuff to it, but I probably will add more later. What you all think so far?
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 07-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Master Fan

Love it!!! Thanks!
Old 07-01-2013, 01:29 PM
Absolute Fan

I go away for a weekend and come back to the most GORGEOUS OP, beautiful work, guys! Had a fantastic time and once I get an opportunity for it (may be another week since some of it will have to be scanned first) I will post some pics (like my cosplay as River, and other pics if people are interested)
Old 07-01-2013, 02:02 PM
Master Fan

The OP looks beautiful
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Hello! I had to come post because I have such feels right now. I started watching Dr. Who when Matt Smith became the Doctor, but my husband recently started streaming the David Tennant episodes on Netflix. Last night we got to the 2-parter where he meets River. I was all choked up when I realized that meant she was going to die in that episode.

I love that I got to watch their relationship backwards; it's very fitting for them. I'm sure for people who watched the show chronologically, without knowing anything about River, probably weren't all that upset at her "death" since they weren't so invested in her and hardly knew anything about her. But since I already knew what she would become to him... Oh, it was painful. And beautiful. I have to say I thought David did a fantastic job. By the end you could really feel his heartbreak over this woman he just met that knew his name. I wasn't as connected to him as the Doctor until that moment.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

I was intrigued, and happy that Moffat would be taking over, cause it would mean we'd get the whole story with River and the Doctor.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUATKatya (View Post)
Hello! I had to come post because I have such feels right now. I started watching Dr. Who when Matt Smith became the Doctor, but my husband recently started streaming the David Tennant episodes on Netflix. Last night we got to the 2-parter where he meets River. I was all choked up when I realized that meant she was going to die in that episode.

I love that I got to watch their relationship backwards; it's very fitting for them. I'm sure for people who watched the show chronologically, without knowing anything about River, probably weren't all that upset at her "death" since they weren't so invested in her and hardly knew anything about her. But since I already knew what she would become to him... Oh, it was painful. And beautiful. I have to say I thought David did a fantastic job. By the end you could really feel his heartbreak over this woman he just met that knew his name. I wasn't as connected to him as the Doctor until that moment.
I never got around to that ep with Tennant, but I still bawled like a baby when she said her goodbye. I dunno. I get so easily attached to fictional characters!
Old 07-03-2013, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

I started watching towards the end of S6 so I already knew River from my dash a little. I watched the show chronically though so that was my first episode with her... I cried like a baby...
Old 07-03-2013, 09:13 AM
Elite Fan

It's surprising how mature River is when she comes to the library. She's also a leader of her own team. I mean, when she first starts out as Melody she's very reckless, and in a way her love for the Doctor becomes the most dangerous thing about her. She puts all of creation at risk just so she won't have to kill him.

I can only think that's why she agreed to stay in prison, not just to protect the Doctor's secret, but because deep down she knew she needed help. The Doctor made sure he would be there for her, and their time together cured her from all the damage the silence and Madame Kovarian did to her.