Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2012, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlittleone (View Post)
I shouldn't often spoil you with compliments.
Oh you should
Old 02-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

Can it be the 20th already? I want news. News of River/Doctor-yness.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

Spoilers aren't allowed on TV boards, it's in the site-wide Rules:

Quote:
No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.
It's also okay if it's news that's officially been released by The Powers That Be (i.e. posted at the official DW website, or by Moffat). So for example if the official website releases news about casting, we don't consider that a spoiler.

I think there's a Doctor Who thread on the spoiler board, although I expect it's buried a few pages back by this point.

The spoiler tag is not meant to be a substiitute for the spoiler board, it's meant to be used more as a courtesy in discussions where some people might not have had a chance to see the episode yet.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Graphics Team

Oh wow I don't remember that rule. I think that has been done on tv show boards though..
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen C (View Post)
Oh wow I don't remember that rule. I think that has been done on tv show boards though..
I only quoted a bit of the spoiler rules, there's more to it if you go to the rules announcement:

Fan Forum - Announcements in Forum : Doctor Who

There are exceptions for some boards like movie, book and celebrity boards. But not TV show boards.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

What consititutes as a spoiler though? I mean if we see an obvious character filming- Matt or Karen or Arthur- are photos of this allowed to be posted? And what about if Alex is seen as River Song? Another fairly obvious returnee as she says she wants to do it again this year, would it constitute being a spoiler? Just wondering
Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
What consititutes as a spoiler though? I mean if we see an obvious character filming- Matt or Karen or Arthur- are photos of this allowed to be posted? And what about if Alex is seen as River Song? Another fairly obvious returnee as she says she wants to do it again this year, would it constitute being a spoiler? Just wondering
It's okay if it's information officially released by the DW website or Moffat. It's a spoiler if it's someone unofficially snooping on the shoot and/or writing about it in a paper without being sanctioned by the BBC.

Pictures specifically are mentioned in the spoiler rules:

Quote:
  • Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
  • Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 PM
Elite Fan

Okay last question. What was the policy back when Davros or The Master were returning and every single fan knew this and was, frankly, the worst kept secret on TV? Cheers for answering
Old 02-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

We didn't have a DW board at FF before the end of S3. I remember chatting about S3 back when we had a DW thread on the SF/F board.

But I can tell you that I probably would not have known that John Simm would play the Master if it wasn't for a slip on Outpost Gallifrey, where they accidentally posted about it in their news feed one day. The rest of the time they just said Simm would be playing Saxon, and they considered the fact that Saxon was the Master to be a spoiler. I didn't know that Derek Jacobi would be the Master either, even knowing that John Simm would play the Master.

The FF DW forum started in September 2007, so it was open through S4. I could be wrong, but I think the return of Davros was announced on the official DW website before the finale aired, so it wasn't a spoiler. Also, in that series Rose appeared in the first ep, so it wasn't a spoiler that Rose would return in S4 either.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
We didn't have a DW board at FF before the end of S3. I remember chatting about S3 back when we had a DW thread on the SF/F board.

But I can tell you that I probably would not have known that John Simm would play the Master if it wasn't for a slip on Outpost Gallifrey, where they accidentally posted about it in their news feed one day. The rest of the time they just said Simm would be playing Saxon, and they considered the fact that Saxon was the Master to be a spoiler. I didn't know that Derek Jacobi would be the Master either, even knowing that John Simm would play the Master.

The FF DW forum started in September 2007, so it was open through S4. I could be wrong, but I think the return of Davros was announced on the official DW website before the finale aired, so it wasn't a spoiler. Also, in that series Rose appeared in the first ep, so it wasn't a spoiler that Rose would return in S4 either.
Davros did get announced but like two or three weeks before the episode. Also you could kinda see him in the trailer though- would that be a spoiler to say its almost certainly him? Also, and this is my last question, what if an actor says something out of turn or tweets details or whatever? Cos I seem to remember there was a photo of Dalton, Simm and Tennant all in costume on set post months and months from some guy working on the show via his twitter page. Not official from the BBC nor Moffatt, but someone else on the show. Would this be a spoiler?

Sorry for all the questions- I only joined here 9 months ago and started posting here off-season and the only other board I post on is 24, which is obviously on the Past TV section so haven't experienced the whole spoiler rule thing yet so cheers for clarifying
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Davros did get announced but like two or three weeks before the episode. Also you could kinda see him in the trailer though- would that be a spoiler to say its almost certainly him? Also, and this is my last question, what if an actor says something out of turn or tweets details or whatever? Cos I seem to remember there was a photo of Dalton, Simm and Tennant all in costume on set post months and months from some guy working on the show via his twitter page. Not official from the BBC nor Moffatt, but someone else on the show. Would this be a spoiler?

Sorry for all the questions- I only joined here 9 months ago and started posting here off-season and the only other board I post on is 24, which is obviously on the Past TV section so haven't experienced the whole spoiler rule thing yet so cheers for clarifying
It's okay, I'm sure the FF spoiler rules are a bit new to other people too, so I thought it was worth going through them. I don't really want to be overly picky about this either, but I try to stay unspoiled myself.

Stuff that comes from actors on the show but isn't officially sanctioned by the production team is a bit of a grey area, but generally I'd consider it a spoiler. One would hope though that people involved with the show wouldn't be doing things like that, the production team is pretty careful about what details they release and when.

If something was in the trailer, that's not a spoiler. So, for example, if there was even a hint in the trailer that Davros might be involved, it's not a spoiler to speculate that Davros will return. It IS a spoiler to say you know for certain Davros will be back because you saw a picture someone unofficially posted of him on set.

If anyone is really unsure whether something is a spoiler, at minimum use spoiler tags.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

Need spoilers.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
It's okay, I'm sure the FF spoiler rules are a bit new to other people too, so I thought it was worth going through them. I don't really want to be overly picky about this either, but I try to stay unspoiled myself.

Stuff that comes from actors on the show but isn't officially sanctioned by the production team is a bit of a grey area, but generally I'd consider it a spoiler. One would hope though that people involved with the show wouldn't be doing things like that, the production team is pretty careful about what details they release and when.

If something was in the trailer, that's not a spoiler. So, for example, if there was even a hint in the trailer that Davros might be involved, it's not a spoiler to speculate that Davros will return. It IS a spoiler to say you know for certain Davros will be back because you saw a picture someone unofficially posted of him on set.

If anyone is really unsure whether something is a spoiler, at minimum use spoiler tags.
Thanks Rachel Least I know now

And scififan2009 if you want spoilers, try the thread on the spoiler board:
http://www.fanforum.com/f15/doctor-w...-2-a-62893483/
Old 02-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Graphics Team

Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Total Fan

Great vid!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread