Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Doctor/River #1: Because she knew his name...and there's only one way she ever could.

I checked the Board Guide and there doesn't seem to be a thread for The Doctor and River Song (just Rose, Martha, The Master, Jack, Donna, and the TARDIS) and since River happens to be my all time favorite love interest for The Doctor, I thought I should create one.

Sorry I don't have a neat banner (though if someone could/wants to make one, that would be lovely), but I just found myself watching Doctor/River YT videos today and felt the pull to watch "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead" again (they're two out of three of my favorite episodes - "The Doctor's Daughter" rounds out the third) and as soon as I did, I fell in love with them all over again. There is just something so amazing about River and the Doctor that none of the other companions I've seen so far have ever had.

I was really hoping that after Donna got her mind wiped, River would become the new companion. (And if not River, then Jenny.) I think, ideally, I'd love it if River came first though and spent a couple seasons with him and then once he takes her to the Singing Towers of Darillium and we know she's going to embark on the "Silence in the Library" adventure, I'd love for The Doctor to meet up with Jenny again and have her there to comfort him, as he mourns the loss of his beloved River Song.

The DoctorRiver Song

Credit: styromgalleries

Shippers
1. Princess Pinky
2. Wholigan
3. sethamgal
4. Willow Fabian
5. LukaAbbyLover
6. montana_rosalie
7. quin611
8. *KIA*
9. dr snaps
10. DUHsoTK
11. xlennie
12. Mizuki
13. milestogo
14. scififan2009
15. smallerontheoutside
16. dlittleone

Last edited by Almeida's Army; 01-05-2012 at 07:52 AM
Old 12-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved those episodes, too.
I have no idea why there wasn't a separate thread about it! Perhaps because those two episodes are all we have to go on just now.
It was so moving and mysterious to have a character The Doctor hadn't met yet, for a change knowing just a little bit more about something than he did.
And that's without saying how I loved the romance of it!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholigan (View Post)
It was so moving and mysterious to have a character The Doctor hadn't met yet, for a change knowing just a little bit more about something than he did.
And that's without saying how I loved the romance of it!
I completely agree! I loved that she knew more than him and it frustrated him. But in the same token, it pained her so much to know him and yet...not know him. Alex and David had so much chemistry, it just oozed off the screen. The scene where she touches his face, then whispers his name, and then his defeated look after he's lost her - it's all brilliant and speaks to my heart!

And it was also really refreshing to see a romance that was not Rose or a random one-episode girl. I've always felt like Rose is supposed to be "so amazing" and I just don't see that. And I don't get her relationship with The Doctor. (No offense to Rose fans, but I always felt as though she was constantly shoved down my throat and I wasn't a fan of that.) But with River, I see a mature love (like an aged wine, you might say) and it's worlds away from Rose. I mean, he even told River his name! And apparently, there's only one time he ever could. That's one of the most chillingly wonderful parts of the episode. I keep wondering how. And when. Does that mean he marries her in the future? Or perhaps do they have a child? What is it that would make only one circumstance where he would entrust her with his name?

And even if we never hear it on screen, I still can't wait for the day when he whispers his name into her ear! Knowing that one day, she'll whisper it back to him.

ETA: From the Series 5 trailer!

And I didn't cap the above pic, it was capped by someone over at TV.com.

ETA #2: More caps from the trailer, but this time I got them from Facebook.

There she is in the background!

River falling onto The Doctor. Gotta love it!

And this one is my favorite! Kiss, anyone?

Last edited by Princess Pinky; 03-08-2010 at 12:19 PM
Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

My last post was December 31 and we were told to take the conversation here, so I hope the double post is okay.

I heard "Haven't Met You Yet" while I was driving home from class this evening and I each time I heard the lines "Whenever It's Right / You'll Come Out Of Nowhere And Into My Life" and thinking about the promo shot where she falls out of nowhere and lands on top of him. It'd be kind of ironic if that was their first meeting. (I'm afraid this song is going to be my theme song for The Doctor/River from now on. )

I'm even more anxious than ever for the new season to start!
Old 03-13-2010, 01:34 PM
New Fan

I can't wait to see River's reaction when Eleven meets her in her past (Future? IDK, I just ate yogurt, and I'm a little dazed.)
Old 03-15-2010, 11:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

lol I'm so confused about their timeline too, because it sounded like River knew Ten, because she immediately recognized him, but now David isn't here.

I read a great fic where they constantly meet at different points in their timeline though and neither of them are ever in sync, which is why she keeps her diary so she can figure out when and when not to reveal "Spoilers." Until I find out what happens on the show, I'm just going to roll with that explanation.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

The newest Doctor/River Song video to date and it's to the wonderful "Haven't Met You Yet" (which is so their song)!

Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Extreme Fan

ty for the video. series 5 was great for them. can't wait for 6th series

NEED more cute moments of the two of them together. Been watching videos on yt to help me with the dry spell.

probably my fav video of them so far:

{SimonAlisha | misfits}
Kate | icon
Old 11-26-2010, 02:41 AM
New Fan

Help with image needed for a Cake topper I'm making

Hi Guys

I am a self taught cake designer and Dr Who fan, and I have previously made a couple of DrWho themed cakes (Wedding Cakes, Birthday Cakes for Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington | Chic Cakes or Chic Cakes | Facebook).
A Doctor Who fan from Las Vegas has contacted me and requested that I make and ship a Dr Who cake topper for them for their wedding cake. I would love to do this and the scene that they are after is of the Dr standing at the open door of the TARDIS and pulling in River Song -(although I wasn't sure if he pulled her in I thought she just appeared but I am sure all of you die hards will put me right) just before she fell on top of him - I need to find an image from which to work though.
Do any of you happen to have a still of the scene before she fell on top of the Doctor?

Thanks in advance
x
Old 12-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Elite Fan

i love river. so much mystery wrapped around this hbic.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I was so in love with all the subtle hints about River that we got in the Christmas Special.

"Better a broken heart, than no heart at all."
"Try it!
You try it!"
- Poor Doctor, he's already lived it and he never even saw it coming. Now he's going to know her all this time, knowing how it already ends.

"Could you do it? Could you do this? Think about it, Doctor: one last day with your beloved. Which day would you choose?"
- Take her to the Singing Towers, cry, not tell her why, and give her his sonic. (Hmm, wonder if he got the idea of the Singing Towers from Abigail?)

"It'll be their last day together, won't it?"
"Everything's got to end sometime, otherwise nothing would ever get started."

- This is probably the best one, because The Doctor and River's relationship literally couldn't start unless it ended and couldn't end unless it started.

Plus, Abigail and Kazran's relationship in and of itself just has so many parallels to the timey wimey-ness of River and The Doctor's.

And then the Season 6 promo! So. Much. RIVER! (I hope The Doctor is in the same scene where River is winking. )

Last edited by Princess Pinky; 12-29-2010 at 06:54 PM
Old 12-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

i must sya i liek them together ut i really want to know who she is

this is the best line ever "Everything's got to end sometime, otherwise nothing would ever get started." my fav changign that into my sig
can i be added to the list?
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Add-me please!

I can't wait to see their development in series 6

07/07/17 - Met David Tennant, Nathan Fillion, Sarah Wayne Callies, Ruth Connell, Alex Kingston, Freema Agyeman... at MTLCC17 -
09/07/17
Old 01-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Total Fan

Can I be added?

Those two videos are great!
Old 01-29-2011, 07:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

Add me?

Also, Doctor/River fanmix here.