Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thank you! Oh I would love to hear your story as to how you got into Doctor Who.

I remember at the 50th viewing party I went to people cheers more for David. You could clearly see who the favorite Doctor was in the room. I think I was one of the few who cheers for Matt.

I loved Davids Doctor but not as much as Matt. Eleven stole my heart and I became a fan of Matt Smith. Wow does he have talent and is very attractive.

Yes my guy friends think Karen is hot as well. My one guy friend loves Karen as an actress. Amy was his favorite.

My guy friends who like Clara like Clara more then Amy. They loved Amy but Clara stole their hearts.

Much like me when it comes to Matt Smith!

I have not seen enough of Doctor Who to compare writers story lines. I enjoyed Clara's but to each their own.

I am glad they cast Jenna she is such a gem in this series.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 01-16-2014 at 02:38 PM
Old 01-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ fair enough yes see I love David in many ways he was my first doctor but just like you matt stole my heart like literally his so talented and charming and attractive

Love Amy and Clara I just wished Amy had a better ending .. Clara's very cool I just need to see more with her .. But it's the writing that's my issue not her..

So funny I go into DW when I was in year 8 or 9 ,y sister came home with the 1 & 2 seasons on DVD she brought it off her friend cause her friend wanted the newer box set with all the extra features so my sis like I'll buy it off you .

So when she came home she stared watching it and asked if I wanted to watch it to she's said it's a sci if series and we love sci if so we did .. We keep watching all the 1 & 2 seasons each day living it more and more .. Than we got series 3 which was good had some great moments by that time we were hooked and we for our other sis into it to
.. It wasn't until season 4 that we went it I crazy whovian mode ..

When we found out Catherine Tate was going to be in it we just was so excited cause we had seen her show before and she was my other sis fav actress and her fav companion still to this day .. Season 4 was the first time we saw it live not on DVD and from than on wards we just keep watching it until today
Old 01-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thats so cool.

The first time I ever saw something Doctor Who I think was in 2009. It was my two friends Birthdays over the summer so they decided to have a joint Birthday party. I remember my one my guy friends Birthday cake was that of a stand up Tardis. It was so cool. My friend Jen who is a really talented baker made the Tardis cake and when you cut into it the inside was rainbow color. It was so cool!

So I asked my friend why do you have a police box cake? He told me it is from Doctor Who and is a Tardis that is a time traveling machine. I thought that was really cool. Then a few of my friends like I said were die hard fans and I went to enough Comic Con's over the years to know just how popular it was and knew the basic concept of it.

My one friend even has a scarf from the 4th Doctor and told me how same as you his sister got him into it. The 4th Doctor is their favorite. Hence another reason why they loved the 50th episode!

However like I said it wasn't until about 2012 that I saw some Who for the first time with David Tennant. I enjoyed it but like I said it wasn't until Eleven came along and I feel in love with Matt Smith and my Who obsession came on full force.

Since then I have tried to catch up on all of the Doctors or watch a few episodes to get a feel for them. I have seen 1,4,5,6,8,9,10 and 11 Doctors. I still have to watch 2, 3, and 7. Oh and 12 can't forget about 12! and 13 for the 50th he was great!

They are all wonderful each actor is great and I love the scifi concept as well.

However Matt as Eleven will hold a special place in my heart.

I agree with the Amy Pond story but I love how she came back for the Christmas episode. I was in tears when she called Eleven Raggedy Man!

I grew up with sci and I loved it. Even my Mom loved Doctor Who and Matt. We had a mini marathon one weekend and she was like why didn't I know about this show as a kid.

So thats my Who story.

Love your icon!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08

Last edited by Roswell 10/2/00; 01-17-2014 at 11:35 PM
Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ thats an amazing story .. god i wish i had more dw friends i would love to go to a dw party

I think one thing i have loved about the doctor is the fact that travels thorugh time and space but i really love it when he travels to the past cause im a history person and it makes me happy . And to be honest who wouldnt want to travel with the doctor ?

Thnlanks made a bunch of icons for the 50th challenge
Old 01-20-2014, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I love the history stuff as well. Thats another thing I love about the show.

These Tardis cakes are pretty insane.

17 Geeky TARDIS Cakes To Satisfy Your Hunger For Time Travel - Cool Gizmo Toys

Had a crazy weekend with my brothers Birthday.I hope to get back to writing my fan fic soon so it will be done and you can all read it.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I love the history stuff as well. Thats another thing I love about the show.

These Tardis cakes are pretty insane.

17 Geeky TARDIS Cakes To Satisfy Your Hunger For Time Travel - Cool Gizmo Toys

Had a crazy weekend with my brothers Birthday.I hope to get back to writing my fan fic soon so it will be done and you can all read it.
Yer I love the history

Tardis cake yumm yes right the fan fix and stop by I need a posting buddy
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Your welcome!

I will PM you the fan fic so far to see what you think so far.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:27 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Your welcome!

I will PM you the fan fic so far to see what you think so far.
Ok
Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I will send it to you when I get the chance. Let me know what you think.

I loved how Jenna called Matt Matt Dog after he won his NTA Drama award for Doctor Who. So cute.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I will send it to you when I get the chance. Let me know what you think.

I loved how Jenna called Matt Matt Dog after he won his NTA Drama award for Doctor Who. So cute.
Looking foward to it

Yez i love how close they r
Old 01-28-2014, 02:41 AM
Elite Fan

Old 01-28-2014, 03:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Ohh that's so cute they are going to be so awesome together .. Love the use of colours red , black and blue
Old 01-28-2014, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I love how they match! Very cool!
Old 01-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I love how they match! Very cool!
very cool
Old 02-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I promise I will send you my fan fic this week.

I have to get back to writing it real life got in the way of things. Sometimes I wish I had a tardis to save on time.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread