Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2015, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 07-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Moderator Support Team

Oh im so excited love it i remember when it changed to this format i think i want to take a pic of this banner befor it changes again wish i did it for the old one

Ok so banner going to he hard i think we should keep it doctor themes classic and new with the tardis and sonic?
Old 07-08-2015, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

so exciting.

So do you want the graphic to be of only the doctor or have Clara in there too?

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:05 AM
Elite Fan

Well if the current one has Doctor and Companion, the new one should, too, shouldn't it?

Also, yaaaaay!
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:10 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

It doesn't necessarily, you can go with an entire new concept.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:14 AM
Elite Fan

But it would stay true to "the Doctor shouldn't travel alone"
Starfield_Scribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by no control (View Post)
It doesn't necessarily, you can go with an entire new concept.
see i think i would agree with that cause we shouldnt put clara in it cause shes leaving at the end of this season and we will need this change for the next year or 2 and she will be gone just like our banner now has the trio all gone now ..

maybe we should do one with just the doctors ?
Old 07-08-2015, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

I'd strongly argue against it being Capaldi/Clara. I would love to see the Classic series represented in the design as it never has been. If possible, I'd love all 13 Doctors, but if not prioritise the best/most important:
Hartnell: started it all
Troughton: carried it on
Tom Baker: longest serving, most associated and generally acknowledged to be the best
Tennant: Arguably best new Doctor, brought it to new heights in popularity
Smith: took it to USA on a big way
Capaldi: current one

Then maybe a Dalek or a TARDIS. I would love to see some Classic Who represented
Old 07-08-2015, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
see i think i would agree with that cause we shouldnt put clara in it cause shes leaving at the end of this season and we will need this change for the next year or 2 and she will be gone just like our banner now has the trio all gone now ..

maybe we should do one with just the doctors ?
Exactly. Companions come and go, Doctors come and go but the legacy that each Doctor brings stays...
Old 07-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
I'd strongly argue against it being Capaldi/Clara. I would love to see the Classic series represented in the design as it never has been. If possible, I'd love all 13 Doctors, but if not prioritise the best/most important:
Hartnell: started it all
Troughton: carried it on
Tom Baker: longest serving, most associated and generally acknowledged to be the best
Tennant: Arguably best new Doctor, brought it to new heights in popularity
Smith: took it to USA on a big way
Capaldi: current one

Then maybe a Dalek or a TARDIS. I would love to see some Classic Who represented
i agree 100% if they cant fit all the doctors i think those ones best represent the series as a whole plus teh darlek , cyberman , tardis and sonic scewdriver

Now lets talk about colours cause we have had purple and now we got this blue do we want a new change again?
Old 07-08-2015, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. I'd love to have Clara there. Clara is my fav. However, there's a huge chance that she'll leave this season (and that the graphic will get up then) so then I'm not sure if it would be a good idea..because this graphic was left seasons after Rory and Amy left...

Maybe something like this then + the 12th Doctor:

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

yer we have done the companions but i think now with the 50 years of DW and 10 year son new who we should celebrate teh doctors .. i dont mind that image with 12th in it

only problem is we need to find good images to use anyone know good sites for pics?

Now lets talk about colours cause we have had purple and now we got this blue do we want a new change again?

im thinking maybe more lighter shades of blue similar to these boards

Sherlock

or maybe thinking outside the box i like the way these boards colour schemes works

Celebrities , movies
Old 07-08-2015, 08:16 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I encourage you not to look at other boards for inspiration, as we could never make it match that as we want each board to be unique.

Feel free to browse the colour schemes on this site, looking for inspiration.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

I have no idea how or if it could work, but one scheme we could go for, that's outside the box but would really give it a Doctor Who flavour: the colours of Tom Baker's scarf.

http://truebluemeandyou.com/wp-conte...0-1000x666.jpg
Reply   Post New Thread