Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2019, 02:40 PM
  #16
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

 
shinebrighterxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 128,679
Looking forward to them Amy Welcome back
__________________
"finding order in the chaos, that's what we do"
Chelle » join gtmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:38 PM
  #17
Moderator Manager

 
One Thing Remains's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 73,269
Thanks Chelle


I think the banner should focus more on the Doctors. We have so many now that I definitely want Doctors 9 - 13 as well as certain icons like 1, 4,& 5. I am sure that others have opinions on iconic Doctors. Really the only one I feel should be in the banner for sure is 4. Maybe the five Doctors from the current show (9-13) and then select 4 of the orginal series Doctors to include.

Companions are not as solid. Sometimes they only last one season so I am not sure they should be included in the banner since they may not be around for long.

Here are some color palettes that I like:

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...venly-hues-50/

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...etting-hues-3/

https://www.design-seeds.com/in-natu...venly-hues-46/

https://www.design-seeds.com/wander/sea/color-sea-45/

https://www.design-seeds.com/seasons...crystal-clear/

I prefer soft pastels highlighted by darker shades of all colors.

I am not a fan of all the brown that is currently on the board. A little brown in the right shade is wonderful but the current colors used just have too much brown for me.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 10:58 PM
  #18
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 163,120
So you want rhe current doctors ?
__________________
Blaine DeBeers
"that fell on the floor . Enjoy!"


Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:51 AM
  #19
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

 
shinebrighterxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 128,679
From what I understand she's suggestion a combination of old & new, with possibly the focus being more on the new ones?
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
We have so many now that I definitely want Doctors 9 - 13 as well as certain icons like 1, 4,& 5. I am sure that others have opinions on iconic Doctors. Really the only one I feel should be in the banner for sure is 4. Maybe the five Doctors from the current show (9-13) and then select 4 of the orginal series Doctors to include.
__________________
"finding order in the chaos, that's what we do"
Chelle » join gtmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:02 AM
  #20
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

 
ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Euphoria
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 44,300
Petra, do you like any of the color schemes that Amy posted?
__________________
I figured if.. if I could get you off my mind, then that would help me
be a - a better Director. You know, clear-headed, even-handed.
And.. did it?
I don't know. 'Cause you're always on my mind.
[ Mack Elena ]
ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:10 AM
  #21
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 163,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
Petra, do you like any of the color schemes that Amy posted?
I like the 3 and 4 one .. they are nice i like the lighter look to .. tbh i woudlnt mind that nice shade of lighter colours like what is used on izombie which is nice and bright.

Well.i wouldne mind focusing more on the newer doctors and i still want the newer companions in it .
__________________
Blaine DeBeers
"that fell on the floor . Enjoy!"


Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 03:09 PM
  #22
Moderator Manager

 
One Thing Remains's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 73,269
Which of the Doctors and Companions would you like on the banner Petra?
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 03:37 AM
  #23
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 163,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
Which of the Doctors and Companions would you like on the banner Petra?
I would say last 5 doctors and the newer companions
__________________
Blaine DeBeers
"that fell on the floor . Enjoy!"


Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 11:11 AM
  #24
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

 
ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Euphoria
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 44,300
There's only 3 new companions, right? As those are the only ones I see in the character/promo photos.
__________________
I figured if.. if I could get you off my mind, then that would help me
be a - a better Director. You know, clear-headed, even-handed.
And.. did it?
I don't know. 'Cause you're always on my mind.
[ Mack Elena ]
ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:19 PM
  #25
Moderator Manager

 
One Thing Remains's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 73,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I would say last 5 doctors and the newer companions
ok Petra You are an AMAZING co-mod and friend. You have been moderating this board much longer than I (about 6 years) so I really want to honor your wishes.

If the last 5 Doctors are present (every Doctor in the new series), the graphic won't seem so out of date when the current companions leave. The only true constant in the show is the Doctor and he/she switches out about every 3 seasons.

I just really don't want a brown board please.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:38 PM
  #26
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

 
ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Spoilers
Euphoria
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 44,300
If you want one with no brown then I suppose that would be the 3rd one you linked? Since Petra said out of the ones you linked she likes the 3rd and 4th ones.
__________________
I figured if.. if I could get you off my mind, then that would help me
be a - a better Director. You know, clear-headed, even-handed.
And.. did it?
I don't know. 'Cause you're always on my mind.
[ Mack Elena ]
ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2019, 09:45 PM
  #27
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

 
shinebrighterxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 128,679
So the characters wanted are: Ninth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor, Twelfth Doctor, Thirteenth Doctor, Graham O'Brien, Yasmin Khan, & Ryan Sinclair (checking characters, not necessarily suggesting pictures)
With also the Tardis included

When I look at the colour schemes you both discussed you both seem ok with sunset colours? I know Petra was thinking about the colours used in the recent season promotional pictures. I had suggested these two, which are similar in colour to these two which you suggested Amy. Then Petra said she liked the second one of those so I'd presume that's the best colour scheme to go with. Alternatively we could use a combination from them?


Random thought, but if you wanted doctors & companions why not fan favourite companions with the last 5 doctors? That way its less outdated quickly? But never know, the companions for #13 may last a while...
__________________
"finding order in the chaos, that's what we do"
Chelle » join gtmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:24 AM
  #28
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 163,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
So the characters wanted are: Ninth Doctor, Tenth Doctor, Eleventh Doctor, Twelfth Doctor, Thirteenth Doctor, Graham O'Brien, Yasmin Khan, & Ryan Sinclair (checking characters, not necessarily suggesting pictures)
With also the Tardis included

When I look at the colour schemes you both discussed you both seem ok with sunset colours? I know Petra was thinking about the colours used in the recent season promotional pictures. I had suggested these two, which are similar in colour to these two which you suggested Amy. Then Petra said she liked the second one of those so I'd presume that's the best colour scheme to go with. Alternatively we could use a combination from them?


Random thought, but if you wanted doctors & companions why not fan favourite companions with the last 5 doctors? That way its less outdated quickly? But never know, the companions for #13 may last a while...
oh i love that idea for the fav one Question how many people can we have in the banner???

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thing Remains (View Post)
ok Petra You are an AMAZING co-mod and friend. You have been moderating this board much longer than I (about 6 years) so I really want to honor your wishes.

If the last 5 Doctors are present (every Doctor in the new series), the graphic won't seem so out of date when the current companions leave. The only true constant in the show is the Doctor and he/she switches out about every 3 seasons.

I just really don't want a brown board please.
oh your so sweet dear god 6 years???? i didnt know that haha

well i dont mind the classic doctors but i feel our conversations steer towards the newer era
__________________
Blaine DeBeers
"that fell on the floor . Enjoy!"


Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:26 PM
  #29
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team

 
shinebrighterxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 128,679
Max 15/16 characters but they'll be small. I'd recommend 8-10 characters
__________________
"finding order in the chaos, that's what we do"
Chelle » join gtmy art
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM
  #30
Moderator Manager

 
One Thing Remains's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 73,269
Ok how about 10 & Donna, 11 & Amy/Rory, and 13 & Graham/Yasmin/Ryan + the TARDIS

That would put us at 9 + TARDIS. Instead of 10 & Donna we could also do 12 & Clara or 12 & Bill. 12 & Clara might be best since Clara was such a long standing companion.

For the color schemes you shared Chelle I like the first color scheme better but I also like the 2nd one as well. I guess we should go with the one you think will look best on the board with the new banner.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
board customization


Forum Affiliates
Agents of GUARD, Jenna Louise Coleman France
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:58 PM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST