Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2019, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Board (Re)Customization

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website. As we want every board to have their own unique look it is preferable that you do not link to the customisations of other boards as suggested colour schemes.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Mel, Chelle, or Rora a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes approximately two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have finished making the graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Mel, Chelle, and Rora

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 04:31 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thabk you so much i have an idea of what i want and i think i can find some pics to

- Hayden Christensen
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

so obviously we will have all four of the gang and Dr in front

- Hayden Christensen
Old 07-05-2019, 07:38 PM
Graphics Team

Should more of the Doctors not be in the banner instead of the companions?
There has been various companions and doctors, so it might seem a bit odd to just represent the most recent? IMO.
Jac || Join 9-1-1GothamThe Wheel of Time
ice choco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
Should more of the Doctors not be in the banner instead of the companions?
There has been various companions and doctors, so it might seem a bit odd to just represent the most recent? IMO.
TBh i dont mind focusing on the new gang it is a new era of the show and it is different from the previous ones .

Wnd in saying that we have fice different other versions of the new era of doctors .. to i like the idea of just the main ones now .

Our current one shows all the previous doctorz

- Hayden Christensen
Old 07-06-2019, 03:31 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I found some pictures of the current cast here (there's 4 pics here too, but 3 are on the other site)

It is up to you all what you want, & I don't know anything about the show, but does the cast change regularly? Or do you at least know this doctor will be the doctor for a while? I'd be concerned over if your graphic would become outdated quickly if you focus on just one version of the doctor. However I also know that previous banners the board have had also focused on just one so its not like it'd be the first time if you did go with just the one version

An alternate thought could be to include favourite doctors as well as the new one (& possibly companions)? Or elements which represent other doctors? That could represent both the now as well as respecting where the show came from? Again, I don't know the show, so I don't know how feasible that is

Have you thought about colours?
shinebrighterxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:28 AM
Graphics Team

Honestly as someone who has watched the show, I'd feel like just putting 1 Doctor and her companions disappointing. As my favorite doctors were 10 and 11. My fav companions were Rose and River.
But it's not my board and I don't post as much here. So it's up to you guys. Plus as Chelle said you have had it like this in the past.

Yes Chelle the cast does tend to change. There's no telling when Jodie (the newest doctor) is going to leave the show. Usually the doctors last at least a couple years I think. And she was already in the most recent season and she's going to be in the one next year, but other than that I don't think there's any telling how much longer she'll last?
Companions tend to come and go as well.

I was going to suggest maybe adding the previous Doctors Sonic Screwdrivers but idk how that'd work.

Last edited by ice choco; 07-06-2019 at 06:43 AM
Old 07-06-2019, 02:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yeah good points i think is this cast chwnges regularly it always happens , if she stays on will be for like 3 seasons or so .. maybe that is what previous doctors hsve done .

I think i like the new ones more this time around cause this show has changed even the style of writing isnt the same as the last seasons ... i like the 4 being there with a nice background.

Past doctors are aweosme but again we have a lot to put in this current banner only show slike 4 out of the 13 doctors .. and from memory first customization was season 3 banner 10th docotr and martha plus Tardis , 2nd one was trio Amy , Rory & 11th Doctor 3rd one is this current one which shows all doctors well "popular " doctors including 12th doctor. So i wouldn't mind new one to show the new change.. agai ill wait to my co mod comes to i can see id she wants anything different .

Saying that of fans like some old doctors to the side would be ok but it will be a lot u less we do the last 5 ?

Other object is the Tardis or we could go by aliens that neber change cyberman and darleks

- Hayden Christensen
Old 07-07-2019, 02:45 AM
Graphics Team

If you guys wanna do just the current Doctor we can definitely do that But yeah she may just last next year and maybe 1 more after that.
We'll wait to see what others think.

Also doesn't the current banner show 7 of the Doctors? Not only 4. The 4 main ones there are from like the revival seasons though
Old 07-07-2019, 07:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ѕυρrємє ωιт¢н (View Post)
If you guys wanna do just the current Doctor we can definitely do that But yeah she may just last next year and maybe 1 more after that.
We'll wait to see what others think.

Also doesn't the current banner show 7 of the Doctors? Not only 4. The 4 main ones there are from like the revival seasons though
yeah 7 doctors 3 of the classics and 4 of the new era .. there are so many doctors

- Hayden Christensen
Old 07-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Graphics Team Manager

I think including the Tardis is a given, right?

Quote:
Past doctors are aweosme but again we have a lot to put in this current banner
It wouldn't have to be all. If I remember right for your one now it was favourites picked. I don't know which ones are the more popular or discussed here? I imagine its the later ones since there was a board for them to generate discussions, unlike the early ones... but I was also thinking if there was some sort of symbol which could represent each that'd be less obvious & take less room than adding in 13 doctors? Like I know one of them wore a scarf?

Even if it was the sonic screwdrivers like Jac suggested? Not sure how feasible that one is though... but I did find these while looking up what they were (although not sure how accurate they are, looks like they're from a game, & a lot look the same): 2nd / 3rd / 4th / 5th / 7th / 8th / 9th / War / 10th / 11th / 12th / 13th

While I do know we're waiting on Amy's return, & right now we're just tossing ideas around while we wait, were there any colours you were thinking Petra? That way Amy can come in with her thoughts as well as respond to all of yours (& what else is in the thread)
Old 07-08-2019, 01:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Oh good point , well yeah tardis or the aliens could be a good option to add sonic screwdrivers could work.

Well i was thinking brighr colours to go with the new era of who , their promotional photos were very brighr ( ill need to.find the photos for you)

See we have done , purple , blue and now brown.. i need to find a good mood board for it to .

- Hayden Christensen
Old 07-08-2019, 02:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I'm not sure if there's others but I found pictures & posted links to them in this post
Looks to me the colours seem to be greens, blues, pinks, & purples . Bit like sunset colours with grass & sky. These are softer but they're similar, or these but both are missing the blue. We could also probably make up a colour scheme based on those promotional pictures too
Old 07-08-2019, 07:12 AM
Moderator Support Team

oh perfect you found some good quality photos to

i was thinking of these posters but now i realise they are cartoonish ( Photo , #2)
and yes the colours you chose are perfect , i like the lightness of them

found some more pics of jodie ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 )

- Hayden Christensen

Last edited by Summer Falls; 07-09-2019 at 06:53 AM
Old 07-10-2019, 01:47 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Thanks for getting this started! I will post my thoughts and ideas tonight.
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread