Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2008, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Board Customization

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture suggestions or colour ideas, please post them on this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible.

Your suggestions for possible colors and pictures will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me or ask them on the message board customization thread.

Could the mods of this board please top this thread and leave it topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Jen
Old 01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm SO excited it's our turn!

Can't wait to hear what everyone's suggestions are going to be!

I gave it some (okay, a LOT.. ) of thought myself, and I'm thinking there are a few ways we could go with this...

1. Use pictures of all 10 Doctors + the TARDIS of course

2. Use pictures from the new series only, and add Ten, Nine, Rose, Jack, Martha and Donna, plus the TARDIS and if it fits, maybe a Dalek and/or a Cyberman.

3. Go with a more general theme, and don't add people at all. Just use the TARDIS, Dalek, Cyberman, Sonic Screwdriver... Things like that.

What do you all think? All of your input is very welcome, no matter how big or small!

And as for colours, I was thinking dark blue, to match the TARDIS thoughts?

Aaaaand topping this now
Old 01-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

I think this time an animated banner would be perfect
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

Woo! I'm so excited for this.

I'm just fine with anything you guys decide, it will always be awesome because it's Doctor Who simple as that.

SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
it will always be awesome because it's Doctor Who simple as that.
I think you're right there, we'll be the prettiest board on no matter what, just because it's DW!

Quote:
I think this time an animated banner would be perfect
yes, I wish!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
2. Use pictures from the new series only, and add Ten, Nine, Rose, Jack, Martha and Donna, plus the TARDIS and if it fits, maybe a Dalek and/or a Cyberman.
I'm all for that!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm very partial to that too, especially because it just turns out the best. I've tried a few things with adding all 10 Doctors, but most of the pictures of the older Doctors are such bad quality that it's hard to work with and it always turns out better if you don't have so many people to add, too. Plus, I like having Jack in there to represent the Torchwood side of the board, and of course nobody will be surprised when I say that I'd love to have Rose in there

I can't stop making graphics for this now, it's like a drug
Old 01-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Plus, I like having Jack in there to represent the Torchwood side of the board, and of course nobody will be surprised when I say that I'd love to have Rose in there
Hehe, we so share the same brain

In any case, I'm sure you'll come up with something great, Val.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

There's so many characters to New Doctor Who that are VERY important, though, so I'm glad I don't have to choose, I'll just be fine with whatever you guys come up with.

Last edited by SiriuslyPotter; 01-23-2008 at 12:27 AM
SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hehe, we so share the same brain
I think that is a known fact by now

Quote:
In any case, I'm sure you'll come up with something great, Val.
Well, I can definitely say I have suddenly become very OCD when it comes to making this graphic... I don't know if that's a good thing

Quote:
There's so many characters to New Doctor Who that are VERY important, though, so I'm glad I don't have to choose, I'll just be fine with whatever you guys come up with.
I agree. Who do you think should DEFINITELY be included if we go the New Who route - Ten, Nine, Rose, Jack, Martha, Donna, TARDIS... anyone else? Really, all input is extremely welcome, no matter how small

And if any of you have suggestions for pics to use, or have any opinion on which colours you think would be nice, don't hesitate to post them!
Old 01-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
1. Use pictures of all 10 Doctors + the TARDIS of course
I like this suggestion the best.

As for colours, something blue, like the TARDIS?
Old 01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

While I would prefer a banner that included all 10 Doctors, I'm sure that would get way too busy, so I'd like to see something based just on the latest Doctor (ie. no Nine) and his companions. I do like the idea of having Jack in the banner too, as a nod to Torchwood.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I agree. Who do you think should DEFINITELY be included if we go the New Who route - Ten, Nine, Rose, Jack, Martha, Donna, TARDIS... anyone else?
I want that one! Yeah, definitely go with new series, because this is 99% a board for the current series.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Though I'd love see see 9, 10, Jack and Rose included I think just a banner with the TARDIS would be best. It would appeal to all fans, fans of the new series, fans of the older and the omission of anyr certain characters wouldn't be offensive to anyone. Blue would be the best color, I agree on that point.

Last edited by Wayward Melody; 01-23-2008 at 08:55 PM
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Really looking forward to a customized DW board! I can't come up with suggestions right now but I'll think about it