Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2016, 08:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

Billie Piper/Rose Tyler #12 : b/c shop girls can save the world and look fantastic doing it

BADWOLF
BILLIE PIPER / ROSE TYLER

12th appreciation thread

It was a better life. And I don’t mean all the travelling and seeing aliens
and spaceships and things. That don’t matter. The Doctor showed me a
better way of living your life. You know he showed you too. That you don’t
just give up. You don’t just let things happen. You make a stand.
You say no. You have the guts to do what’s right when everyone
else just runs away, and I just can’t…

- Rose

banner by youvegotwings

. s u p p o r t e r s

• youvegotwings • SiriuslyPotter • speak slow • Spike it up • chittychitty •
• Mrs.Almeida • katrina87 • protectthecats • stoptheqtip • JillyHalliwell •
• antisocial • LittleLoLo • SpySyd • Milo Maniac • KervyQT16 • only dreaming •
• AAVaria • lunas_borednow • laurendbs • shippercrazy • chrissy1302 • haykris •
• Ginevra_Girl • JJ-Isa • BelievesInChad&Sophia • chandelier2 • electricpeppers •
• Scifi Goddess • germanJavaJunkie • K.Corinne • Ford_Prefect • gizzie_fan •
• *KIA* • SunnyHunny123456789 • Leona1986 • Jsebold87 • Jemi♥Disney •
• Burning Up A Sun • then you must kiss me • KoolKat101 • abblette •
• xLook.A.Pandax • nenettesara • B.Chambers • Sweetheart5839 • lisagslack14 •
• DUHsoTK • Chrissalaugha • VVolfe • Queen C • Moonray13 • Rita1516 •
• sunnytyler001 • memory91 • WickedAltoBb • dlittleone • BL.Arinna_1982 •
• KaylistaCalypso •. KeepThisaSecret • Lawlessaholic • ~*~ Zoey ~*~ • rubinredjaybird•
• fieryjaybird • Princess Serenity • L i N d $ @ y • D'oh! • Cryptic • sourburst •
• Talula78

source
"Who’s afraid of the big bad wolf?"

m o m e n t s .

"If these are going to be my last words then you’re going to listen.
I met the Emperor. And I took the time vortex and poured it into
his head and turned it into dust."

. b i l l i e . p i p e r

Billie Paul Piper (born Lianne Paul Piper born 22 September 1982) is an English actress.
She began her career as a pop singer in her teens, and was well-known
for her marriage to DJ Chris Evans, but is now best known
for portraying Rose Tyler, companion to the Doctor in the television
series Doctor Who from 2005 to 2006. [/Left]

r o s e . t y l e r .

When first seen by the audience, Rose is working as a shop assistant
at Henrik's department store in Regent Street, London. She has a
boyfriend named Mickey Smith, and lives in a council flat with her
mother Jackie in the fictitious Powell Estate. Rose left school without
taking her A-levels but won the bronze medal in an under-sevens
gymnastics competition at her junior school. Her father, Pete Tyler
died in 1987 in a car accident, the year after Rose was born.

One night, after the shops close, she encounters mannequins coming
to life in the basement of Henrik's. The Autons are about to dispose
of her when the Ninth Doctor saves her life, although he proceeds to
destroy the building, thus costing Rose her job. She aids the Doctor
in tracking down the hiding place of the Nestene Consciousness that
is animating the Autons and subsequently helps defeat its plans
of world conquest. She is initially reluctant to join the Doctor on his travels
in the TARDIS, feeling that someone must stay to look after Mickey,
but changes her mind when the Doctor returns to tell her
they could travel in time.

I am the Bad Wolf. I create myself.
I take the words; I scatter them in time and space,
a message to lead myself here

My name is Rose Tyler ......

.....this is the story of how I died.

. t i t l e . s u g g e s t i o n s
b/c she'll never let herself become a bitchy trampoline
b/c whether you call them French fries or chips, we all want some
b/c you'll never need permission to talk to her
b/c she looked The Devil in the eyes and told him to Go to Hell

. p r e v i o u s. t h r e a d s
[1] , [2] , [3] , [4] ,[5]
[6] , [7] ,[8] , [9] , [ 10 ] , [ 11 ] , [ 12 ]

Last edited by Summer Falls; 01-12-2017 at 08:07 AM
Old 01-29-2016, 11:58 PM
Elite Fan

some moments I liked with Rose...

The end of the world --- Her reaction to the blue alien plumber saying she wasn't allowed to talk to her without permission. The thought of someone being forbidden from talking simply because they weren't wealthy or "high class" was horrendous to Rose. She almost wasn't able to give her consent because of how speechless that made her.

The unquiet dead --- Telling off that guy (I need to rewatch early seasons for names) for groping her. "Don't think I didn't feel your hands having a feel you dirty old man!"

The unquiet dead -- Asking how much Gwen gets paid to make sure it was a livable wage.

The doctor dances two parter --- Not complaining that her hand was burned.

Boom town -- excitement playing the weakest link and then fear realizing if you answer wrong you die

The satan pit two parter -- Wanting to know if the Ood were being taken advantage of because she sticks up for the lower class and service workers
Old 01-30-2016, 11:38 AM
Master Fan

add me pls
Old 01-30-2016, 05:17 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'oh! (View Post)
add me pls
Adding

See one of my fav moments is when she told off the guy for being mean to her mother inseason 2 cause that was so sweet
Old 01-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't like Rose being made to just go back to normal after having part of the time vortex inside her. I get that The Doctor undid the process much like how he undid Donna being "Doctor Donna" and for the same reason, they were never meant to and could not handle that kind of power. But you would think she'd be different somehow.

Now when I see a wolf reference I don't know whether to think of Rose or Ashildr (Maisie Williams plays Arya Stark on Game of Thrones and the Stark symbol is a direwolf). Are they references the past or foreshadowing the future? Though technically Ashidlr came first since she was made immortal in the middle ages. Unless we're talking which came first on the series or in The Doctor's timeline.
Old 01-31-2016, 05:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I didn't like Rose being made to just go back to normal after having part of the time vortex inside her. I get that The Doctor undid the process much like how he undid Donna being "Doctor Donna" and for the same reason, they were never meant to and could not handle that kind of power. But you would think she'd be different somehow.

Now when I see a wolf reference I don't know whether to think of Rose or Ashildr (Maisie Williams plays Arya Stark on Game of Thrones and the Stark symbol is a direwolf). Are they references the past or foreshadowing the future? Though technically Ashidlr came first since she was made immortal in the middle ages. Unless we're talking which came first on the series or in The Doctor's timeline.
good point you think Rose would of changed from having that happen to her ? i wonder why she didnt?

Wolf see for me its rose first but DW with time travel it complicates things a lot
Old 02-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I like it when Rose sticks up for the working class. It seemed she was encountering them left and right in the first season. Thanks for bringing that up, Wily.
Old 02-06-2016, 04:36 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
I like it when Rose sticks up for the working class. It seemed she was encountering them left and right in the first season. Thanks for bringing that up, Wily.
she did season 2 she was more focused on the Doctor
Old 02-06-2016, 10:29 PM
Elite Fan

It sounds messed up to fault someone for being "too happy" but that was really a huge problem with Rose in season 2. Audiences want characters to earn their happiness, for every smile and laugh to be hard fought and spliced between moments of sorrow and strife. Rose wasn't putting on a brave face or hiding her demons. She wasn't forging serenity out of surrounding hell. She wasn't trying to salvage her inner light in a valiant attempt to stave off the darkness.

She was just bubbly. Carefree. Having fun. And it annoyed me. It made her come off shallow. There wasn't enough depth to her in season 2.

I'm just really used to wishing for happiness for depressed, stressed-out, complicated characters. Seeing a character like Rose Tyler who was just genuinely happy-go-lucky was weird.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
It sounds messed up to fault someone for being "too happy" but that was really a huge problem with Rose in season 2. Audiences want characters to earn their happiness, for every smile and laugh to be hard fought and spliced between moments of sorrow and strife. Rose wasn't putting on a brave face or hiding her demons. She wasn't forging serenity out of surrounding hell. She wasn't trying to salvage her inner light in a valiant attempt to stave off the darkness.

She was just bubbly. Carefree. Having fun. And it annoyed me. It made her come off shallow. There wasn't enough depth to her in season 2.

I'm just really used to wishing for happiness for depressed, stressed-out, complicated characters. Seeing a character like Rose Tyler who was just genuinely happy-go-lucky was weird.
she was still young though i think thats the different side she was a teenager going into adulthood she didnt know much
Old 02-07-2016, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

I grew up watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer so it's hard for me to accept "but he/she/they are still teenagers" since Buffy became The Slayer when she turned 15. She didn't turn 20 until mid-season 5. In her teen years, she was Guardian of the Hellmouth, slew hundreds *maybe thousands* of demons, averted about half a dozen apocalypses, sent her soulmate to Hell, took care of her dying mother, became a freelance agent with the US government, became Protector of The Key, and finished several semesters at university. The list just goes on and on.

I guess I should be comparing Rose to what I was like at 19. Then she comes off great. I was very mature but not at all accomplished.

Was Rose still 19 in season 2?
Old 02-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I grew up watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer so it's hard for me to accept "but he/she/they are still teenagers" since Buffy became The Slayer when she turned 15. She didn't turn 20 until mid-season 5. In her teen years, she was Guardian of the Hellmouth, slew hundreds *maybe thousands* of demons, averted about half a dozen apocalypses, sent her soulmate to Hell, took care of her dying mother, became a freelance agent with the US government, became Protector of The Key, and finished several semesters at university. The list just goes on and on.

I guess I should be comparing Rose to what I was like at 19. Then she comes off great. I was very mature but not at all accomplished.

Was Rose still 19 in season 2?
yes well when you put it that way Buffy went through so much that show was great !!

Rose was mature but i think the only thing that made her childish was her jealousy otherwise she was ok ..

maybe rose was 19 in season 2 but its timey wimey we dont know much well they did technically had a christmas together
Old 02-07-2016, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

And even teenage Buffy was picked on by fans. For instance, some called her selfish and immature for leaving in the s2 finale even though her friend just died, she was being framed for the murder, the whole town police force was on a shoot to kill order, she was kicked out of school, her mom found out she's The Slayer and wanted to put her back in a the psych ward and then just kicked her out of the house, and she finally got her soulmate back from 4 months of being an evil psychotic mass murderer only to have to run him through with a sword and send him to Hell to save the planet.

Rose was born in 1986, the same year Clara was born.

She went from dating a Mickey Smith to a John Smith (The Doctor). ha ha

I'll admit my heart nearly broke when Doctor 10 was doing his regeneration tour and traveled to London at New Years to see Rose and tell her she was going to have a great year.

Rose does have a great smile. I don't think I've ever smiled as brilliantly and naturally as she does.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
And even teenage Buffy was picked on by fans. For instance, some called her selfish and immature for leaving in the s2 finale even though her friend just died, she was being framed for the murder, the whole town police force was on a shoot to kill order, she was kicked out of school, her mom found out she's The Slayer and wanted to put her back in a the psych ward and then just kicked her out of the house, and she finally got her soulmate back from 4 months of being an evil psychotic mass murderer only to have to run him through with a sword and send him to Hell to save the planet.

Rose was born in 1986, the same year Clara was born.

She went from dating a Mickey Smith to a John Smith (The Doctor). ha ha

I'll admit my heart nearly broke when Doctor 10 was doing his regeneration tour and traveled to London at New Years to see Rose and tell her she was going to have a great year.

Rose does have a great smile. I don't think I've ever smiled as brilliantly and naturally as she does.
ok i didnt love buffy but i understood why she left at the end of season 2 i love the early years of buffy she was so cute .. god i miss that show!! i loved the musical i brpught the Cd and im not ashamed i know all the lyrics

would be funny in a way if clara saw rose ?

Billies smiles the best so big and beautiful
Old 04-20-2016, 06:20 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
ok i didnt love buffy but i understood why she left at the end of season 2 i love the early years of buffy she was so cute .. god i miss that show!! i loved the musical i brpught the Cd and im not ashamed i know all the lyrics

would be funny in a way if clara saw rose ?

Billies smiles the best so big and beautiful
I still hold a place for Billie/Rose deep within my heart. I sometimes even dream about her where she is singing one of her hit pop songs while in concert. That excites me. lol.
It would so rock if Clara met Rose somehow on her travels in the diner Tardis.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread