Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
We're on the same wavelength. I have no qualms with that. As Jon pertwee once said, why would the Doctor fancy a 19-year-old girl? He meant Jo Grant of course because of all the idle chatter, but it applies to Eccleston/Tennant and Rose Tyler as well. No, if the Doctor should get involved let it be another Time Lord. No, I don't mean the Master in his new form either. Maybe Romana I had she not regenerated into a much youngerl ooking woman.
Exactly. Romance just feels wrong. I mean, take this (supposed) epic love story between The Doctor and Rose- in Father's Day he met her as a new born baby. To hold your 'girlfriend' as a new born baby is just wrong imo.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Exactly. Romance just feels wrong. I mean, take this (supposed) epic love story between The Doctor and Rose- in Father's Day he met her as a new born baby. To hold your 'girlfriend' as a new born baby is just wrong imo.
There is something almost perverse about it. Heck, If the Doctor has to be atrracted to a woman why not someone more on his level like the Rani? They've recast her role for an upcoming audio story starring Colin Baker. So someone somewhere thinks they still have stories to tell.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderM (View Post)
There is something almost perverse about it. Heck, If the Doctor has to be atrracted to a woman why not someone more on his level like the Rani? They've recast her role for an upcoming audio story starring Colin Baker. So someone somewhere thinks they still have stories to tell.
Exactly. Which is why I never support any Doctor related romances. I mean, even River Song- he saw her as a baby and the Doctor and River flirted by River's cot! I mean... it just feels wrong.
Old 12-13-2014, 09:01 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Exactly. Which is why I never support any Doctor related romances. I mean, even River Song- he saw her as a baby and the Doctor and River flirted by River's cot! I mean... it just feels wrong.
Best that the Doctor remains something of a loner with any escapades deep in his past.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
true so true it was werid on both count
Old 12-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

This is not a part of the conversation on here.

I finally got caught up in Selfie episodes last night.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:32 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Robb66 (View Post)

I finally got caught up in Selfie episodes last night.
Lol thats cool yer im behind on that .. i hate that it got cancelled
Old 12-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

:
a bit harsh but if you need a connection a lot of their conversation was about the Dr and his love interest and last I checked Amy Pond tried it on with the 900-year-old man. Weirdo. If Rory ever found out isn't that grounds for divorce. My wife tried it on with a 900-year-old man.

On the forum related topic the Danny pink thing was a complete waste of space and should have been dumped. After Rose Tyler through Martha to Amy Pond, needless flirting and sexual inference. To be honest it would be difficult for the doctor to be with someone because if you're going to take a relationship seriously the companion would have to become quite permanent or we would have to go through the rigmarole of the breakup or even worse the doctor trying to win her back.
Done right though I don't necessarily have a problem with a romantic relationship.
As to the criteria for the doctor: in terms of character I don't think he needs to be British. When he regenerates he changes how he looks so why not nationality. If anything he should be British because it's our show and we should be able to find a good enough actor to play the role . However if somebody was the best for the role not a problem for me. Same goes being black or any other ethnic background.

As for being a woman I'm not entirely against it if it could be done well and I do mean really well with an actor worthy of playing the part, go for it.
The problem is with the current staff it would be a gimmick and it would be horrifyingly cheesy. And then of course we would have to have needless flirting.
Old 12-14-2014, 06:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac (View Post)
a bit harsh but if you need a connection a lot of their conversation was about the Dr and his love interest and last I checked Amy Pond tried it on with the 900-year-old man. Weirdo. If Rory ever found out isn't that grounds for divorce. My wife tried it on with a 900-year-old man.

On the forum related topic the Danny pink thing was a complete waste of space and should have been dumped. After Rose Tyler through Martha to Amy Pond, needless flirting and sexual inference. To be honest it would be difficult for the doctor to be with someone because if you're going to take a relationship seriously the companion would have to become quite permanent or we would have to go through the rigmarole of the breakup or even worse the doctor trying to win her back.
Done right though I don't necessarily have a problem with a romantic relationship.
As to the criteria for the doctor: in terms of character I don't think he needs to be British. When he regenerates he changes how he looks so why not nationality. If anything he should be British because it's our show and we should be able to find a good enough actor to play the role . However if somebody was the best for the role not a problem for me. Same goes being black or any other ethnic background.

As for being a woman I'm not entirely against it if it could be done well and I do mean really well with an actor worthy of playing the part, go for it.
The problem is with the current staff it would be a gimmick and it would be horrifyingly cheesy. And then of course we would have to have needless flirting.
I agree with your post up to the point you say you have no problem with a romance and disagree with this and the rest of your post as you and I have discussed numerous times
Old 12-15-2014, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemac (View Post)

interesting view ... everyone so different it good
Old 12-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Lol thats cool yer im behind on that .. i hate that it got cancelled
I know. I want a season 2 since there are a few episodes left of the original run episodes.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I know. I want a season 2 since there are a few episodes left of the original run episodes.
I hope someone else grabs it
Old 12-21-2014, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I hope someone else grabs it
I hope so.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I hope so.
wishful thinking
Old 12-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
wishful thinking
Only wishful thinking can get me through this season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread