Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Elite Fan

5x09 - "Cold Blood" Episode Discussion

5x09 - Cold Blood

Quote:
It is the most important day in the history of Earth: the dawn of a new age of harmony... or the start of its final war.

The Doctor must face his most difficult challenge yet and he tries desperately to ensure Alaya's prediction of a massacre does not come true. Meanwhile, what fate will befall the captured Amy and can Tony and his friends be trusted?
Saturday, 29 May 19.00, BBC One
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wooooooo!
Old 05-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Elite Fan

And this time the Eurovision Song Contest is not interfereing

Cannot wait to see this because everyone who has seen it is teasing with the fact that this will be one of the most discussed episodes of the new series
|it's about time
Old 05-28-2010, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

I was already curious about the second half, and now even more so

My initial reaction to the first part was so-so, but I've been warming up to it over the week. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I've rewatched all three previous Silurian/Sea Devil stories this past week, and the The Hungry Earth was far better than any of the previous ones. The one thing they all had in common was the Doctor's hopeless, almost naive quest to negotiate a peaceful deal between humans and Silurians. Will he finally be successful this time, or will it all go wrong yet again?
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
And this time the Eurovision Song Contest is not interfereing

Cannot wait to see this because everyone who has seen it is teasing with the fact that this will be one of the most discussed episodes of the new series
the episode hasnt been aired yet so who do u know that has already seen it?
Doctor_Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh my god!
Has anyone watched it yet?
It was a really good one but I'm so upset about what happened with Rory, I love his character so much!!!!

Marija.
OTHlove1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Rory!!!
Old 05-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry, double post.
FF was playing up.

Marija.

Last edited by OTHlove1991; 05-29-2010 at 02:11 PM
OTHlove1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:58 PM
New Fan

DOCTOR:
''They weren’t part of your world, this is your own history changing.''

AMY:
''Tell me it’s going to be ok, you have to make it ok !''...

*goosebumps*

Brillant acting...
Perception filter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I find weird (and is rarely discussed) is how all 'aliens' speak English, I know on shows like StarTrek use the universal translator and the Doctor it's something to do with the TARDIS.

Now to the episode.

Sad to see Rory go, but I hope when the time crack is fixed that things are restored. Surprise end with the TARDIS probably causing the time crack, the season is going to end with a bang!

BTW next week looks good as well.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

Nice to see Stephen Moore, even under all that makeup I'd recognize that voice anywhere! Shame about the costume though, it seemed like they just recycled sort of graduate's gown. I wonder what school that came from?

Sigh, poor Rory. Not only lost, but also forgotten. I noticed though that the engagement ring box didn't disappear, seems that may still be significant in the future.

Not too much of a surprise that the TARDIS was involved in the cracks. Either it explodes which causes the cracks, or whatever is capable of destroying time like that would also be capable of destroying the TARDIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
One thing I find weird (and is rarely discussed) is how all 'aliens' speak English, I know on shows like StarTrek use the universal translator and the Doctor it's something to do with the TARDIS.
This has been discussed a few times in New Who (though almost never in the classic series) - the TARDIS telepathic circuits are translating. That's why at first noone could understand the Sycorax during The Christmas Invasion - the Doctor was incapacitated, and so the TARDIS translation wasn't working correctly. When he got better, the translation kicked in.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Sigh, poor Rory. Not only lost, but also forgotten. I noticed though that the engagement ring box didn't disappear, seems that may still be significant in the future.
But we never saw if the ring was still there. I hope Rory comes back, he sacrificed himself for the Doctor.

Quote:
Not too much of a surprise that the TARDIS was involved in the cracks. Either it explodes which causes the cracks, or whatever is capable of destroying time like that would also be capable of destroying the TARDIS.
I think it might be part of the crack, maybe holding the crack open where every it goes?

Quote:
This has been discussed a few times in New Who (though almost never in the classic series) - the TARDIS telepathic circuits are translating. That's why at first noone could understand the Sycorax during The Christmas Invasion - the Doctor was incapacitated, and so the TARDIS translation wasn't working correctly. When he got better, the translation kicked in.
So I guess this also applies to anyone around the Doctor, thanks for the reminder. But I was mainly talking about the strangers each week never asking the Doctor, how come the alien speak English, or vis-versa. I guess it's a bit like the TARDIS being bigger on the inside, not many give it a 2nd thought after a while.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

So I'm just gonna post what I put on my LJ to make it easier. But this was a fantastic episode, even though I was crying at the end

Ok, firstly: OMGWTFBBQ RORY D:

I called it at the beginning, because I know Karen's going to be in another series, and obviously if Amy went and got married at the end of this series, her and Rory wouldn't really be travelling around in the TARDIS in the next one. Plus, I didn't think it was Moffat's style to have a happy ending for them.

So yeah, that was the big moment for me in this episode. I did cry, Karen was so fantastic in those scenes. My heart broke because Rory deserves to be remembered, and even if the Eleven/Amy shipper in me is kind of happy, I'm really not, because D: Rory. And I just looked on the BBC website, where they have a mini tribute for him and this made me sad even more:

He grew up with Amy and when they were children she made him dress up as her 'raggedy Doctor'. That's why Rory entered the medical profession.

He wanted to become a Doctor for Amy, so he could be like the Doctor. Oh, Rory

Secondly: The TARDIS EXPLODES? So that's what causes the big space timey wimey crack thing? But the TARDIS can't explode...surely it can't rebuild itself if it explodes. Also, the Doctor is connected to the TARDIS in a telepathic kinda way, right? So if something bad happens to it...he'll be affected? I seem to remember something about that. I could be wrong.

I also love the Silurians, I forgot how amazing they are. They're not the traditional evil characters, because they're not evil. I would like to see what a Silurian/human co-habitation would be like as well.

I also wanted to slap Ambrose in the face multiple times in this episode. I know she was looking out for her family and maybe in the same situation I'd be like that, but REALLY?

Looking forward to next week, it looks very interesting
Nobody, not even the rain, has such small hands.
Freddie♥Belicon by hauntes
Elenwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

RORY!!!

But the wedding ring is still there, so this gives me a tiny bit of hope that this wont be the last we see of him. I can but dream.

Though Karen was brilliant during this episode. The whole scene was so sad! When Rory was all 'you are so beautiful' and Amy is devastated, then suddenly completely forgets. Broke my heart.

TARDIS exploding! Cant wait to see what happens next.
forestfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Elite Fan

Good episode. Very enjoyable. And that end!
I almost knew Rory would die at some point ... but it still surprised me I really hope that him getting absorbed by the crack will somehow 'help' to bring him back in the finale.

And the music Murray Gold really is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Me (View Post)
the episode hasnt been aired yet so who do u know that has already seen it?
The press get to see it before it officially airs. Usually digitalspy publishes some teasers a couple of days earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
Maybe because the TARDIS protected it? Then again, it would have protected Amy's memories, no. Not sure but it could be.

Quote:
Well, I imagine if the TARDIS were to blow up it would cause some problems. We have see Rose absorbing the time vortex that is inside the TARDIS. Just imagining that energy to explode ... wow.
|it's about time
Reply   Post New Thread