Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

5x01 - "The Eleventh Hour" Episode Discussion (US/Canada)

5.01 "The Eleventh Hour"

The End is only the Beginning ...
The Doctor has regenerated into a brand new man, but danger strikes before he can even recover. With the TARDIS wrecked, and the sonic screwdriver destroyed, the new Doctor has just 20 minutes to save the whole world - and only Amy Pond to help him.

Date: 3 April 2010 - 06.25pm on BBC

Trailer
YouTube - Doctor Who Series 5 Trailer HD (3D Trailer)
YouTube - Doctor Who Series 5 Trailer (bits from the actual show)

We have a date; and with less than 6 weeks to go, I thought I would open this
So, what do you expect from this episode?
|it's about time

Last edited by Mrs.Almeida; 03-14-2010 at 09:17 AM
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Why, I expect a beginning, of course!
I need explainations for what happens with the TARDIS, where he lands, and how he meets Amy.
New TARDIS, new Doctor, new companion, and universes out there to explore!
I choose to be excited.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

I really hope that Steven Moffat, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan will be able to convince me right from the start. I don't want to finish watching this episode and think 'meh, that was boring' or something similar - that is my biggest fear at the moment

But I am still looking forward to the new TARDIS and the new Doctor, of course.
|it's about time
Old 02-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

I guess my biggest fear is that I really was just such a huge David Tennant fangirl that I wont even like the show anymore. I'd like to be less fickle than that, but I'd be a big liar if I denied that the thought has crossed my mind...
Old 02-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, whenever I see Matt I secretly think "Go away, I want David back" but that is just unfair. I really don't want to judge him before I have seen more than 5 minutes of him as the Doctor
|it's about time
Old 02-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so excited for this, but only if I convince myself it really is a whole new show. Otherwise it just makes me scared and unwilling to accept it

I also want a fresh start - part of me also hopes that the old series (or... the middle series? There's classic, then there was new Who, now there's new new Who? ) won't be mentioned as much, at least in the first few episodes - cause that might make it even harder for me to really see it as something new.

I really WANT to like it though, so that's a start at least
Old 02-23-2010, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

I think the one thing that will bug me is when we will see Eleven in Ten's suit That will just break my heart all over again. I just really hope he won't stay in it for too long (like Ten in Nine's clothes)
|it's about time
Old 02-23-2010, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeeeahhhhh........ that's going to be VERY hard. I remember about 2 years ago, when the first rumours of David leaving first surfaced (but nothing was certain yet and people still thought he'd do the R word halfway through S4 ) a friend of mine and me were discussing it and just about the FIRST thing I said was "AS LONG AS WHOEVER HE REGENERATES INTO NEVER WEARS HIS SUIT"
Old 02-23-2010, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

It didn't bother me too much when Ten was wearing Nine's clothes. But I think that was only because they had quite a different physique. Whereas Ten and Eleven are much more similar.
|it's about time
Old 02-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, plus I wasn't as attached to Nine I mean, I love Nine, but the second David came around everything changed
Old 02-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, and we only had Nine for one series. We had Ten for about 3 and a half - that has to count for something, too.
|it's about time
Old 02-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, plus, I watched the first season in less than a week? So it was kind of a blur of awesome to me - it was only after that that I got really obsessed.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, yeah, same here. (although, I watched series one, two and the christmas special in two wrrks)

Also, if I am really honest, the thing I am looking forward to the most is Amy - or rather Karen. I have got a huge crush on that woman and I love her accent
|it's about time
Old 02-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I'm kind of excited, I think now it's his show then Moffat will be better. I already really like Matt Smith so that's not an issue, just Moffat. (my annoyance with him is irrational )

SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:33 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
Yeah, and we only had Nine for one series. We had Ten for about 3 and a half - that has to count for something, too.
I don't know if I agree. For me while we had Ten/David for longer, I didn't feel as much connection as I did with Nine/Chris. I watched Ten first too I felt a much greater sense of loss with Nine and when I rewatched TCI in S2, I was gutted to see Ten in Nine's clothes even though I'd seen it before I suppose it just meant more to me.
I think it really depends on which Doctor you prefered. If Ten is your favourite Doctor then I think it stands that you'll feel his loss more then others. I don't think the time of each actor in the role counts. It's the mark they left on you I think I will miss Ten hugely and I probably will feel very upset at seeing Eleven in Ten's suit for a few moments but it probably won't be on the same scale as Nine's regeneration .

I cannot wait to see The Eleventh Hour. I'm so excited to see Eleven in his first full adventure and the fact that he managed to make me laugh through my tears in The End of Time can only mean a good thing

Can't wait

We are all stories in the end
Ms X is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread