Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4x13 - "Journey's End" Episode Discussion

JOURNEY'S END
by Russell T. Davies

Quote:
As Davros and the Daleks threaten the entire universe, the Doctor's companions join forces. But the prophecy declares that one of them will die...
Saturday 5th July, 6:40pm (65 mins) BBC One
Old 07-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Master Fan

Eeeeee! *insert other various high-pitched whines here*
Old 07-03-2008, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I literally just got teary eyed putting this up. Damn that title, as if I wasn't scared enough!
Old 07-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

And the Confidential title? "End of an Era" for crying out loud! Thanks, guys, for comforting us. I'm sure they only named it that to make us Ten fangirls bite our fingers off in anticipation.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh seriously. I had not heard that Confidential title yet. That's it........... I am not going to survive this. Just. Uhhh.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

Oops, sorry for spoiling that for you Hope you don't hate me too much
Old 07-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

First of all, I wanted to comment on this that was posted in the last thread because it is just the funniest thing ever. I don't use this smilie often, but:

And ok, one of them will die... well considering what Rose said in earlier episodes, I have a sad and unsettling feeling that it will be Donna... but does it make me a terrible person if deep down I secretly hope it'll be Martha..?

You guys are so unhip it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!
tvfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Oh, it's got to be Donna- I mean, it's been ridiculous how much foreshadowing there's been for it. Of course, I'm really, REALLY gutted about that. But I doubt RTD could actually properly kill off a companion. And as if Donna's going to stay dead, anyway! She's way too awesome to be dead!

This could all be a massive red herring, of course, but, sadly, I doubt it.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The more they've hinted at Donna dying, the more I think it might not be her. I do think something terrible will happen to her, but maybe not quite death... Also, the comment from TSE about "I'm sorry for your loss" made me think that it wouldn't be her, if she'd be the one to die that wording would've been strange, to say the least. Which once again makes me TERRIFIED for the others, especially Rose.

The rate this is going, watching this episode is going to be more painful for me than enjoyable
Old 07-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

Well- really, "sorry for your loss"- losing Rose or Martha, sure, it would be sad and she'd be upset, but it's not really her loss- it's the Doctor's loss. If it was her grandfather or mother, on the other hand. But I don't think Wilf or Sylvia are going to die. I'm of the opinion that she dies- sacrifices herself, most likely, in her awesomeness- but somehow with his cracky magic RTD brings her back, because he can't kill a companion off properly, as it would traumatize several million children for life- but with some dire consequence that will account for a "loss".
Old 07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have a theory on what this "loss" will be, but it's partly based on potential spoilers, so I can't really discuss it. But... It would make sense, that's all I'm saying

People have speculated that the "everlasting death" part of Dalek Caan's prophecy could relate to Jack - he could die over and over again for all eternity, in theory.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:21 PM
Total Fan

I cant wait! I'm so nervous!!!!
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

I think I know what spoiler you're talking about

Oh, that sounds awful. But what about Torchwood? Hasn't another series been commissioned (I actually don't know. I don't keep up with it). Be pretty hard without Cap'n Jack about. Also, isn't he the Face of Boe? Oh, I don't know.

Why can't everyone be alive and be happy and drink tea?! God, does someone I adore always have to die in season finales? S1- Nine. S2- Rose. Well, kind of. S3- the Master (well, he was an evil mass-mudering bastard. But I still loved him).. S4- Anyone's fair game.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Total Fan

I'm really trying to remain spoiler free for the last episode. I'm avoiding LJ posts about theories and spoilers because I want to really be surprised for the ending I think. And my LJ Flist is about 90% spoilers/theories at the moment!
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Master Fan

I've read spoilers left, right and centre (although somehow managed to miss the one where Ten frigging regenerated!!) and I still have no idea what the hell's going to happen next week. None of the spoilers I've read really fit together to make a logical plot.