Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

That WAS creepy, I thought it was meant to be a joke at first, because it just seemed a very absurd line.

SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, it seems too random to be to not be of importance
Old 04-12-2008, 02:16 PM
Extreme Fan

It's a good thing that she has the Doctor to watch her back. Yeah...I went there.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Total Fan

The thing about Donna's back was very strange, so looking foward to finding out what that's all about. It was the Sisterhood that creeped me out massively. They were bloody weird with their eyes on their hands. Reminded me of Pan's Labyrinth! *hides behind the sofa*
Old 04-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Elite Fan

BEST.SHOW.EVER. (and yes that needed capslock!)

Seriously, after last weeks episode I thought I couldn't get any better but I was wrong, again I so love the Doctor-Donna dynamic

And that waterpistol bit was hilarious
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Total Fan

OH. MY. GOD.

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! - yes caplocks needed as well!

How brilliant was it?! Donna and the Doctor are just...
There is just... gah... i'm slightly at awe to what to say...
They are just so brilliant together.

I'm SO curious as to all these disappearing planets now... well two that we know of so far... but yes, i see a pattern.
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Im glad I wasnt the only one who thought about the disappearing planets, and the think on donnas back? I though maybe something to do with bees.

This series is going from strength to strength, the stories are fantastic and particularly this week I loved how we finally had a companion in tears over the event rather than the Doctor! The writers are getting a great mix of random, comedy and also really powerful emotional scenes all in the one episode.

This episode really was great!

Btw, for those interested, I read somewhere that this episode alone cost 500 000 pounds to make.... WOW! ( I dont know how correct that is but still!)
"He needs you, That's very me"
Icon Credit: The Daily Mail
TearlessPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I totally forgot about the disappearing planets. I wonder what that's all about but when you guys mentioned it I was like "planets are disappearing?" then came the 'oh that's right' moment. So much happens in one episode and I'm just trying to figure out every little thing because we all know how RTD and co. love to hide little bit everywhere.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Total Fan

It looks like they're starting a few recurring themes:

1) Planets are being "lost". Last week, the Adipose breeding planet. This week, the rock-alien planet.

Of course, when asked about Rose, the Doctor said she's "lost" too.

2) Another mention of the "Shadow Proclamation". I know it was mentioned now and then in the first three seasons, but it seems to be a little more prominent now.

3) "She is returning" - my guess is that it's a reference to Rose. I somehow think her return has to do with the 'lost' planets. Perhaps something is happening in her parallel Earth that is showing evidence of this more than on 'proper' Earth.

And let's not forget - in Torchwood, Jack told Gwen that the rift had become more active recently with people disappearing for a few months, then reappearing aged a number of years. Maybe the same thing is happening to these planets?

I really like how they're jumping right into the major arc instead of waiting until there's only a few episodes left.

ETA: Come to think of it, the first time the Shadow Proclamation was mentioned was in "Rose"... and the Nestene Consciousness/Autons had lost their planet... (and if I can be a conspiracy theorist -- maybe the Autons attacked Rose for a reason?)

Last edited by Elektra; 04-12-2008 at 08:05 PM
Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Addicted Fan

loved the whole ep, And Donna had some classic lines like the water pistol line and the tkmaximus line
fozzy81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode, not nearly as much as last weeks but I thought it was enjoyable. I really love Emo!Doctor. He's been around so long, suffered so much loss sometimes, we things hit close to home, like all those people dying I think it's suitable for him to those emotions to the table.

Clearly the "returning" like referred to Rose, feels like a no brainer to me.

How sweet was it that the new household gods were Donna, the TARDIS and the Doctor? Awww...
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoptheqtip (View Post)
And? Possible Rose reference? "She is returning"?!
It was definitely a Rose reference. She is this year's Bad Wolf.

More interesting was the comment about Donna, I'm interested to find out what that meant.

As for the missing planets ... I think I'll write up something about this in the S4 spec thread.

Oh, and I got a kick out of the appearance by Phil Cornwell, and the whole "if you speak Latin when the TARDIS is translating from English to Latin for you, what Latin speaking people actually hear is Welsh". Good thing too, because a woman going around and saying, "Vene, vidi, vici" to random strange men in the street doesn't really sound like a good idea to me
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I came. I saw. I conquered. I didn't even think about that but it's a good point...not the best of things to say particularly seeing how Ceaser ended up.

I'm interested to see your thoughts about what the disappearing planets might mean.
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:06 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandelier2 (View Post)
The thing about Donna's back was very strange, so looking foward to finding out what that's all about. It was the Sisterhood that creeped me out massively. They were bloody weird with their eyes on their hands. Reminded me of Pan's Labyrinth! *hides behind the sofa*
Damn, I hated that film. Except the hands were the other way round in Pan's Labyrinth.
Maybe Russel T Davies is a fan of the film?
Old 04-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

My vague '2-up' theory still holds true.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread