Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

Well look at what Jack said to The Doctor:
Spoiler:
That was all that Kathy and more importantly Billy had to do, I know I for one could handle that as my fix if I were either of them, couldn't you?
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Total Fan

Spoilers are evil!!!

psst - how many episodes until its no longer a spoiler? If it's something revealed on Torchwood, I don't get BBC America.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Anything that has aired in the UK for Doctor Who or its spinoffs is no longer a spoiler. We'll have threads like these that won't spoil beyond a certain episode for the sake of the people in a particular country (the US in this case, so what John Crichton posted is a spoiler for this thread though not the rest of the forum).

I've modded another forum where there was a similar situation, and every country aired the series at completely different times and on stations that not everyone in those countries had access too. There we went the opposite direction and called everything a spoiler until all the main countries had seen episodes, and it was a big pain and prevented anyone from discussing episodes until long after they'd lost interest.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
Anything that has aired in the UK for Doctor Who or its spinoffs is no longer a spoiler. We'll have threads like these that won't spoil beyond a certain episode for the sake of the people in a particular country (the US in this case, so what John Crichton posted is a spoiler for this thread though not the rest of the forum).

I've modded another forum where there was a similar situation, and every country aired the series at completely different times and on stations that not everyone in those countries had access too. There we went the opposite direction and called everything a spoiler until all the main countries had seen episodes, and it was a big pain and prevented anyone from discussing episodes until long after they'd lost interest.
So seeing as this thread is specifically for this episode and not later ones of either show I felt it prudent to add the SP tags so that people have the right to choose whether to read it or not. The text in the SP tags are technically not spoilers for the rest of the board but would be considered so here. I felt it was relevant to this conversation so I typed it up and added the SP tags out of respect, I do not wish to spoil anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, you have the right to not highlight. I wouldn't use the SP tags and say pivotal stuff from any episodes such as things in the finalé, that IS wrong and is obviously someone trying to stir up a hornet's nest...if someone would abuse the SP tags in such a way.

That sounds like hell Rachel! Sciffy board here was starting to get a bit like that a few years ago. But now with most people downloading the episodes it takes away that time difference and a lot of people can watch their shows within days or even hours or their first airing.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"Blink" is airing on BBC America in 15 minutes.

addicted2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, I really want to watch it again, too. It is one of the best episodes, I think.
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree and for being Doctor-lite I don't think it can be beat. Hehe, Easter Eggs. And this episode was a little freaky, I think I jumped once or twice...only episode in this fandom that ever made me do that.
Wayward Melody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah totally freaky, one of the first episodes of Doctor Who my dad made me watch.

Talk about being totally freaked out last night, first Blink was on then From Out of the Rain with TW, I wanted to sleep with all my lights on

Nicole
Old 03-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Awww...FOoTR doesn't freak me out but when the angels start moving in Blink, that's pretty freaky. Also the voice over thing at the end was very creepy.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Total Fan

Blink was def one of the best episodes Just captured the whole... what a Doctor Who episode is about... kinda
icon
AAVaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knew that statues move when nobody is watching.

addicted2much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KervyQT16 (View Post)
Awww...FOoTR doesn't freak me out but when the angels start moving in Blink, that's pretty freaky. Also the voice over thing at the end was very creepy.
I also found the random video comments from the Doctor disturbing as well, that was one of my favourite parts of the ep. And a brilliant way to keep the Doctor involved throughout the ep with only a few minutes of actual dialogue from DT.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I also found the random video comments from the Doctor disturbing as well, that was one of my favourite parts of the ep. And a brilliant way to keep the Doctor involved throughout the ep with only a few minutes of actual dialogue from DT.
I think the parts that did include the Doctor were really well integrated and though you didn't see him alot you felt his presence (and Martha's to a degree) throughout.
Old 02-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

This episode so amazing to see what people thought of it .. still one of my favorite episode of Doctor Who and just my favorite episode of any show its so amazing
Old 02-20-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This is also one of my favourite episodes.

It originally aired on my birthday and as I was out that night celebrating I watched it next day, home alone, and it terrified me.
Reply   Post New Thread