Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2007, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3x10 - "Blink" Episode Discussion (airing 09/14/2007 on Sci Fi Channel)

Blink
Written by Steven Moffat
Directed by Hettie MacDonald

Quote:
In an old, abandoned house, the Weeping Angels wait. However, when people start disappearing, a young woman named Sally finds cryptic messages bleeding through from 1969 — messages from a mysterious stranger called the Doctor. Can she decipher their meaning before the Angels claim their prize?
Source
Old 09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVED this episode
Old 09-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Elite Fan

So scary, but great episode
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Amazing episode very scary though, i'll never look at statues the same way

I would hate to miss another boat
milestogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I absolutely loved this episode...which I didn't think I would because of the major lack of The Doctor. But I think it was a really well written episode.
The jury's out, but my choice is you

Kayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Banned

Sounds good but I'm sad to hear there will be a lack of the Doctor. From the description it sounds similar to "The Girl in the Fireplace" with the protecting a girl from far away.
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really loved this episode, it was definitely one of my favourites of the season. It was so scary too!

Kat | icon |
silver lining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Sounds good but I'm sad to hear there will be a lack of the Doctor. From the description it sounds similar to "The Girl in the Fireplace" with the protecting a girl from far away.
It is NOTHING like that episode! This episode is joy-joy!! It was my favourite episode of the entire season, you will notice The Doctor is barely there, but, you will not miss him. When he does appear those moments are rewind/watch again moments!!! Honestly, you will need to watch this episode at-least 3 times to entirely 'get' its geniusness. One tiny nugget: the name Sally, as in Sally Sparrow, is the name that her friend named her child and is also the name of the man she met that eventually married a woman named Sally.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subject (View Post)
Sounds good but I'm sad to hear there will be a lack of the Doctor.
I think it's easier to enjoy the episode when you know this before you see it. When I saw Love & Monsters, I hated it, in part because I watch the show for the Doctor and I wasn't expecting a Doctor Who ep where he only appeared for a few minutes. I'm sure I still would have disliked the ep even if I'd known, but maybe I wouldn't have hated it quite so much.

I think Blink is a much better episode than Love & Monsters. It's a clever story, and was very well done. The few minutes of the Doctor you do get were very well used in the episode - unlike L&M, where I felt the Doctor's brief appearance was wasted.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What I like about Blink, is that even though you might not actually see the Doctor all that much in the episode, he's still a big presence throughout it, unlike in Love & Monsters where you just saw a bit of him in the beginning and the end. With Love & Monsters, I tend to forget I'm actually watching Doctor Who, but with Blink, that was never the case for me.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

I think, unlike L&M, you actually do see a lot of the Doctor throughout the ep, but it's all the same few minutes of video, which I thought was very clever.

Another very clever idea was the Weeping Angels. They're simple to explain and cheap to film without any special effects, but they're also very creepy. I'm sure it's even creepier in Europe if you happen to live in a city with lots of life-like statues in public areas ... it's not something you see much in North America, but I've been to Rome loads of times and you can't turn a corner without running into a statue staring back at you.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintedxlie (View Post)
What I like about Blink, is that even though you might not actually see the Doctor all that much in the episode, he's still a big presence throughout it
I agree with you Val Stephen Moffat managed to make the Doctor's presence felt throughout the whole episode even though he wasn't around for most of the time. And what a brilliant storyline he came up with I prefer episodes with much more Doctor but I didn't mind it like I did last season.

Oh and loved the Doctor saying 'timey-wimey'

Rachel, the weeping angels are scary creatures for sure. I don't look at statues the same way I did before watching Blink
Old 09-15-2007, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm sure it's even creepier in Europe if you happen to live in a city with lots of life-like statues in public areas
DEFINITELY. Like Andie, I also don't look at statues the same way after seeing this episode

Quote:
Oh and loved the Doctor saying 'timey-wimey'
hands down, best bit of the episode
Old 09-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

I liked this episode, it was very clever and downright scary, Sally was a good character, Larry reminds me of my brother too much, but other than that he was okay, I loved Billy, it made me laugh when I found out he's in Hotel Babylon he's great on that too.

SiriuslyPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Total Fan

I really liked this episode despite the focus on Sally rather than The Doctor and Martha. Especially liked how they dealt with the problems of time travel and influencing the timeline - though I have my doubts about Billy and Kathy being able to resist seeing Sally ahead of schedule. Patience and following directions are not strong suits of the human race in general, IMO.
dukesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread