Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think there was too much CGI. And looking at the trailer I highly doubt they have blown the whole budget on the christmas special
|it's about time
Mrs.Almeida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:28 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry. Guess I'm just bitter that we have to wait so long for Series 6.

I got some of the books for Christmas though. They might help fill the void till then.

Last edited by scififan2009; 12-25-2010 at 04:37 PM
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Elite Fan

Hehe, no need to be sorry
And it is only about 4 months to go ... half way through the dark
|it's about time
Old 12-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That was so very lovely

I went in a bit distracted so couldn't quite concentrate at first, and was a bit "FISH?! What? Evil Dumbledore.. WHAT?!" at the beginning but it soon completely drew me in, and it turned out to be such a bittersweet story of love and trying to find the good in people

I don't really have too much else to say right now, I wasn't blown away and it hasn't really left me with a need to discuss every single detail, but I did really enjoy it

And that trailer at the end! Bring on season 6!
Old 12-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

One thing I really loved is how it stayed consistent with the previous series. First time we have the same Doctor and companions together for a Christmas special.

I'm glad that Moffat is sticking with the current Tardis crew for the time being. I don't know if RTD changed it around every year because he wanted to keep things fresh, or if he just didn't know what to do with the characters, but I'm very happy with the change the Moffat has brought the series overall.

Last edited by scififan2009; 12-25-2010 at 05:05 PM
scififan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
Hehe, no need to be sorry
And it is only about 4 months to go ... half way through the dark
good one!

I'm amazed still that this was shot about 5 months ago.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by speak slow (View Post)
That was so very lovely

I went in a bit distracted so couldn't quite concentrate at first, and was a bit "FISH?! What? Evil Dumbledore.. WHAT?!" at the beginning but it soon completely drew me in, and it turned out to be such a bittersweet story of love and trying to find the good in people

I don't really have too much else to say right now, I wasn't blown away and it hasn't really left me with a need to discuss every single detail, but I did really enjoy it

And that trailer at the end! Bring on season 6!
i agree it was such a sweet episode at the beginning me and my sisiters had no idea what was goign on liek story wise teh doctor was amazing in it soo funny, evil dumberdore i know so werid but so understandable ,.. after a while i got the story adn i loved it i enjoyed that it was mostly just teh doctor in it i do love Amy and Rory but i loved that it was teh Doctor on his own again trying to save teh world.

Also since this new doctor there has been alot of kids this doctor so much more caring his shows that a lot
Old 12-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, I got a question. Just watched the repeat on BBC three and remembered something else that bothered me.

Did they ever say why it was Abigail's last day? When she asked the Doctor if he was one of her doctors --- does that mean she was sick?
|it's about time
Old 12-26-2010, 01:35 PM
Extreme Fan

yeah I think they said something about her being sick

MUSIC / TV SHOWS / MOVIES
dreamer extraordinaire. happy wife.
Mimmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Almeida (View Post)
Okay, I got a question. Just watched the repeat on BBC three and remembered something else that bothered me.

Did they ever say why it was Abigail's last day? When she asked the Doctor if he was one of her doctors --- does that mean she was sick?
so it was abbigals that she said to the doctor about ... ok makes senxe yer you kind of got teh idea that she was sick they never really said she was or what she was sickof but yer she was sick adn everytime she came out fro christmas she lost a year out of her life pooor thing

Do you think that why she voluteered to be frozen, cause she knew she was sick?
Old 12-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

I think so, yeah. But did the other ice box thingies have a time code on them? Cannot remember. Maybe that is just what happens when you freeze someone?
|it's about time
Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah they never really explained the time/day counter. I thought at first it was the number of times a person could be frozen or something but it was like a 6 digit number. Now given if someone lives 100 years that's 36,500 days having 6 digits is a bit excessive, that's like 2739 years Unless humans live longer in the future?
Old 12-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Elite Fan

I don't even know why but it really bothers me that they did not elaborate on that
It would make sense that she was sick but at the end, is she going to die after christmas? Or what...

And why didn't they ask the Doctor to try and fix her? Surely, if Kazran knows he can travel in time he might think he can help Abigail?
|it's about time
Old 12-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ the doctor can travel through time but if she sick he can't fix her he can't cure cancer
Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethamgal (View Post)
^ the doctor can travel through time but if she sick he can't fix her he can't cure cancer
Surely someone somewhere would have a cure at some point in history.

Maybe its the whole non interference thing?
Reply   Post New Thread