Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2018, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome as premieres are coming, doing premiere for all shows even if sometimes its for like 2-3 shows at once like last night

I'm predictable where it was left for me considering the SW
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 01:11 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Here we are a great start to the new season

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2018/...d=tmg_share_fb
Amazing!

So far, I love all the companions but I think my favorite right now is Graham.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 03:22 AM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with everything that's been said , I was shocked to see Grace die though , I thought she'd flit in and out of the first season , a bit like Jackie Tyler , she seemed a good character as well , I also enjoyed the music , Murray Gold had some big boots to fill , but I think the new composer did a good job . Saying that , I think I'll need a few episodes to get used to the new theme tune though .
Paul W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 04:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond insane (View Post)
Welcome as premieres are coming, doing premiere for all shows even if sometimes its for like 2-3 shows at once like last night

I'm predictable where it was left for me considering the SW
it did well and it makes me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Amazing!

So far, I love all the companions but I think my favorite right now is Graham.
I do love Graham he is my fav but i dont mind the other two i did like Grace i would of loved if she had stayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul W (View Post)
I agree with everything that's been said , I was shocked to see Grace die though , I thought she'd flit in and out of the first season , a bit like Jackie Tyler , she seemed a good character as well , I also enjoyed the music , Murray Gold had some big boots to fill , but I think the new composer did a good job . Saying that , I think I'll need a few episodes to get used to the new theme tune though .
She did remind me of jackie tyler for sure

they did well i loved the set up one thing i did love about board church was the scenery and the set up of it and they did it will doctor who it was beautiful.

the new themes ok i didnt love Peters theme .
Old 10-09-2018, 11:31 PM
Moderator Manager

I was stunned that Grace died. Even though we didn't see her in the promos, I only thought that she was gonna be left behind but not die. The fact that they even gave her a funeral and then Graham's speech for her... UGH. For an opening, that really tugged at my heartstrings already.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Stana Katic

I was so sad about Grace I read a comment online that The Woman Who Fell To Earth was also describing Grace

Fiona💭
-x-Lilac-x- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by -x-Lilac-x- (View Post)
I was so sad about Grace I read a comment online that The Woman Who Fell To Earth was also describing Grace
yep it is Doctor who titles always play on words
Old 10-12-2018, 01:43 AM
Extreme Fan

So far, I can't say I am a fan of what I have seen of Jodie. She might yet grow into her own, but so far, she seems to be doing a Tennant/Smith mix. The fast talking hype wackyness now feels very "been there, done that, got the question mark jumper". That got on my nerves really quickly.
I did like the music, especially the snippet of the DW theme as 13 gets to her feet, after crashing through the roof.
I also think there are too many companions. There shouldn't be more than two, though preferably just the one. Someone for the Doctor to bounce off and act as a sort of counter weight to the Doctor. The killing of Grace would have had more impact if we had gotten to know her over more episodes. Then when we think everything is peachy, surprise us.
The Shadow Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 04:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There used to be three companions in the Classic series, although, not always, and I love that they've gone back to that.

I watched the first episode and really enjoyed, and loved Jodie as the Doctor, and I'm looking forward ot the next episode.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:06 AM
Extreme Fan

That's how it started, yes. But during the Troughton era, they were whittled down to 2 companions, and during the Pertwee era down to just 1. It's been up and down ever since, but l prefer the less is more approach to the companions.
The Shadow Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I was stunned that Grace died. Even though we didn't see her in the promos, I only thought that she was gonna be left behind but not die. The fact that they even gave her a funeral and then Graham's speech for her... UGH. For an opening, that really tugged at my heartstrings already.
that broke my heart! Grace was such a great character, and so accepting. Graham's speech made me want to cry but at the same time he made me want to smile because he loved her so much.
ChakotaysLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:15 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
So far, I can't say I am a fan of what I have seen of Jodie. She might yet grow into her own, but so far, she seems to be doing a Tennant/Smith mix. The fast talking hype wackyness now feels very "been there, done that, got the question mark jumper". That got on my nerves really quickly.
I did like the music, especially the snippet of the DW theme as 13 gets to her feet, after crashing through the roof.
I also think there are too many companions. There shouldn't be more than two, though preferably just the one. Someone for the Doctor to bounce off and act as a sort of counter weight to the Doctor. The killing of Grace would have had more impact if we had gotten to know her over more episodes. Then when we think everything is peachy, surprise us.
Fair enough.. I hope you enjoy it later on . At least you watch it
Old 10-13-2018, 11:24 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChakotaysLover (View Post)
that broke my heart! Grace was such a great character, and so accepting. Graham's speech made me want to cry but at the same time he made me want to smile because he loved her so much.
I'll be upset if Graham gets sick again at the end of this season.

Reply   Post New Thread