Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't care much about this episode. It was ok but I'm tired of these two parters and I'm not really into this new character. I do love the Doctors reasons as to why he won't take her with him, and I loved their interaction but I just wasn't that invested in the episode. Knowing that this is Clara's last season, and with only a few episodes left, I'd rather have as much time left with Clara and have her story end on a good note then have meaningless two parters that don't give me much (except for doctor/clara feels)

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

My main problem was that there was practically no plot. If you want to do a story about those who are left behind, fine, but it could have been done in a 7 minute minisode. So much filler, so much that was frankly surpless to requirement and it got to like 35-40 minutes in when they suddenly remembered they needed a plot, so had this wierd alien invasion which gets sorted in about 90 seconds. There was just no need for this story, it didn't accomplish anything. A 7 minute minsode would have been sufficient, but a 45 minute story where practically nothing happens, left me feeling distinctly unimpressed and bored.

I don't think I've ever been more bored, annoyed, frustrated and just generally let down by a season of any show as I have been with this season. Just bad episode after bad episode.

EDIT: I tell a lie, Season 6 of the new series of Doctor Who runs it damn close
Old 10-25-2015, 05:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yer see i understand for me season 7 was a werid not the best storyline wise im a few episodes behind in this season but i get what everyone is saying
Old 10-26-2015, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone else got the feeling Ashildr is being set up as a future companion or at least to appear in the next series? Or maybe a surprise appearance later in this series?
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 02:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
I must confess, all these two parters are making me extremely reluctant to watch the show live anymore. I have however bought the entire season pass on iTunes. So I figure if I wait every two weeks, I should be able to watch each story in it's entirety, the way I already enjoy watching classic who.
I missed last weeks, so while I would watch this weekend, I decided not too, because I missed part one, so there was no point. I know there is a catch-up online option, but I prefer to watch on TV. Hopefully Peter Capaldi sticks around, but as long as it's all two-part stories, I'll probably hold back, and wait for the DVD. Shame, as I adored series eight, but this series has (so far) left me quite disappointed.

Last edited by The Magician; 10-26-2015 at 02:11 AM
The Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:20 AM
New Fan

I like the guitar and the sonic sunglasses. I doubt the sonic sunglasses will be a permanent change, but it was a gutsy move by the writers. I hope the guitar stays. The 8th doctor has his violin, the 2nd has his recorder and the 12th has his guitar.
Blaidd-Drwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Could not see Matt or David playing the guitar.

Do wonder if we ever get Peter working with any of the recent past Doctors what jokes will be made about the sonic eye wear like we had when they teamed up for the 50th and whos was bigger. I believe Peter will say his sunglasses are cooler than a screw driver.

I do agree it should not be a permanent thing though, maybe he'll give them to Clara when she leaves. On that I do love the last scene with the hug from behind, she has changed him from last season.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:08 AM
New Fan

My hope is to see a scene with the TARDIS in space, the door is open, all is quiet. Then we hear the haunting opening riff to Stairway to Heaven.

Either that or Smoke on the Water.
Blaidd-Drwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 05:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Could not see Matt or David playing the guitar.

Do wonder if we ever get Peter working with any of the recent past Doctors what jokes will be made about the sonic eye wear like we had when they teamed up for the 50th and whos was bigger. I believe Peter will say his sunglasses are cooler than a screw driver.

I do agree it should not be a permanent thing though, maybe he'll give them to Clara when she leaves. On that I do love the last scene with the hug from behind, she has changed him from last season.
I hope he gives it to clara would be sweet
Old 10-26-2015, 05:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

saw this on tumblr, it probably doesn't mean anything, but why Moffat? Why?

i love you. ♡
21:21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 06:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I hope he gives it to clara would be sweet
Would be nice touch, if so. Also, off topic, but I really like your signature.
The Magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 10:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaidd-Drwg (View Post)
My hope is to see a scene with the TARDIS in space, the door is open, all is quiet. Then we hear the haunting opening riff to Stairway to Heaven.

Either that or Smoke on the Water.
That would so rock. It would be very, very cool. Great idea! Thanks!
CommanderM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:10 AM
New Fan

I liked some parts of this episode- particularly the humour and Maisie Williams, who suited this role much better- but they underlined every point they made about a million times and the framing story wasn't that great.
I wrote a full review here, if anyone's interested: https://thethreepennyguignol.wordpre...ar-scoundrels/
lawliet94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vale decem (View Post)
saw this on tumblr, it probably doesn't mean anything, but why Moffat? Why?

https://36.media.tumblr.com/c3d095a6...jqy2o1_400.jpg https://40.media.tumblr.com/47e30f44...jqy2o2_400.jpg
This is eerie and I'm wondering where they're going with it. Why would Ashildr dress like Ellie?

Quote:
Anyone else got the feeling Ashildr is being set up as a future companion or at least to appear in the next series? Or maybe a surprise appearance later in this series?
I don't think she'll become a companion, but I'd like to see her recur like Vastra/Jenny/Strax or River. Her perspective is intriguing. I'd also like to see her meet Jack, tbh.

Spoiler:

Leigh Tumblr
BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I think so, at least for a surprise appearance. I really loved these last two and it's not because of Maisie Williams.The character is interesting and so was their interaction. The alien invasion really was dumb and so was the alien.

Maisie can't be a future companion because of Game of Thrones. They'll never kill of Arya and Jon was stabbed in the books,so it wasn't random that he was stabbed on the show.