Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

We Got Us a Pippi Virgin (Oct. 19th)

GILMORE GIRLS - "We Got Us a Pippi Virgin"

THE GILMORE GIRLS' DOUBLE-DATE -- Feeling bad that her relationship with Dean (Jared Padalecki) has become awkward, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) suggests that she and Luke (Scott Patterson) double-date with Rory (Alexis Bledel) and Dean, but the evening turns ugly when Luke is unable to disguise the fact that he thinks Dean isn't good enough for Rory. Meanwhile, Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) are lonely and a little lost without one another, but neither can take the first step toward reconciliation. Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena and Sean Gunn also star.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Old 10-19-2004, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for this episode, like I said in my lastest LJ entry. Luke is too friggin' cute!

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 10-19-2004, 06:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cannot wait for this one either. I am supposed to be at my dance recital tonight, but I think I might stay home since I feel yucky, crash out and watch this episode
Old 10-20-2004, 04:21 AM
Master Fan

Often it's the simplist of things that brings forth the most enjoyment. Lauren Graham in glasses and pink socks definitely qualifies as one of them, wouldn't you all agree?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Lorelai in glasses. Damn, the woman looked amazing. If only I could pull that off... alas.

Response to the 1st reel of "Cool Hand Luke" inexplicably catching fire: "That's what happens when Richard Pryor is your projectionist." So irreverent, so Lorelai.

The "Panic, dammit!" scare tactics and "The Price Is Right" showcasing skills with "I know how to protect you from shrapnel and Agent Orange, ask me how!" were killing me not so softly. The funniest scene... until the Pippi singing.

Lorelai was freakin' hilarious in this episode.
Old 10-20-2004, 11:05 AM
Master Fan

I'm just laughing when thinking about that Agent Orange and the Panic Room - Lauren's timing in this episode was absolutely priceless and the one-liners were brilliant.

See this is the kind of episode you submit when it comes to comedy

My other thoughts on the episode were:

Also I have this sneaking suspicion that Lorelai's "I just need this to work" had such double meaning to it - referring partially to R&D and but almost definitely to her relationship with Luke.

*aww* Loved Luke and that scene at the end especially when he said:

"Look at me, not stopping till he's upset every person that means anything in the world to him in one night."

Did you like after the hug when he asked Lorelai if she wanted a beer, he did the tug/grab at her waist/butt?

And the in-synch sitting down and the twister comment *lol*

I loved the girls reaction to Pippy being their movie for the evening and singing the song lol!. I grew up with that movie

As mentioned above Emily and the Panic Room - the looks Lauren was giving in that scene was priceless and Sookie and the forged signature, lol!

Also loved Sookie's line "Ho, the Dragonfly!"

Daniel's one-liners were rolling in tonight and Lauren and Kelly would have had to be the best in the ep.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 10-20-2004, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by gossipcom

Thanks gossipcom for the Barker's Beauty shot of Lorelai! That cracked me up, and "Panic, damnit!" That dress/sweater combo was so flirty and feminine, not to mention the shows. Oh, the shoes!
Old 10-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
Often it's the simplist of things that brings forth the most enjoyment. Lauren Graham in glasses and pink socks definitely qualifies as one of them, wouldn't you all agree?
Lauren in glasses? Obviously did the episode for me. As it always does.

And whee, Pippi! So kind of lame, but so part of my childhood. I love Astrid Lindgren. *feels nostalgic* It was weird to watch Pippi dubbed to English, though. And dude, her song is so much better in Swedish.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

Okay I thought I'd bring across the full Panic Room dodgy caps since it just cracks me up

ETA: I just love the matching cardigan / shoes

Old 10-21-2004, 05:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the caps, gossipcom. "I'm menacing... argh... Panic, dammit!" I just love that!!
Old 10-25-2004, 01:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

I have no idea where to put this question about the Season 2 trip to Harvard episode. So here goes.

While Rory is wowing the students of Harvard and Lorelai is roaming the hallways, she comes across a wall of pictures. She focuses in on Erika Hilson Palmer, at least that is what the name looks like. Lorelai looks at the photo then suddenly looks like she is about to cry. Who is this woman and what does she mean to the cast? I did a google and came up with only 2 links that only answered one of the questions. That is, if it is the same woman. From the google links I can only speculate who she may be. Is/was this woman a friend of Amy/Dan, or Lauren's?
Old 10-28-2004, 09:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Did anyone notice how in this episode when they are sitting watching the movie and eating the food Luke is eating quite a lot of fries. I dunno, it just struck me as weird cos he's so 'health conscious' n everything. I remember back in episode #217 when Luke and Lorelai were having the picnic outside and she offered him fries and he seemed sickened by the idea of eating them!

L/S support #1 ~ L/L supporter #20 ~ WYMM Supporters #48 ~ ILY supporter #94

Old 10-28-2004, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

lol I thought that at first - health conscious Luke eating fries is a big no-no.

I then thought maybe when they were filming Scott was just hungry and decided to eat the chips instead

Old 10-29-2004, 08:58 AM
Absolute Fan

Lol yeah maybe that's what it was!!

I know this has already been said, but how cute does Lauren look in glasses? Lol damn her for pulling off the glasses look so well!

L/S support #1 ~ L/L supporter #20 ~ WYMM Supporters #48 ~ ILY supporter #94