Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-15-2008, 08:19 PM
Banned

Tules for when you meet Lauren Graham

ok i was sent this article for when u meet a celebrity here are some to do and not to do tips that might freak lauren out

Example 1 – Stop the Paparazzi!

Good: Spotting a celebrity on the street and asking if they’d mind having their photo taken with you.
Bad: Taking the celebrity’s photo without permission as he or she eats dinner at a restaurant.
Ugly: Taking the celebrity’s photo without their permission as they head into their plastic surgeon’s or therapist’s office.
Example 2 – Fan Mail

Good: Sending a letter to a celebrity telling them about your favorite movies that they’ve been in.
Bad: Sending 18 letters to a celebrity telling them about your favorite movies that they’ve been in.
Ugly: Sending 18 letters to a celebrity telling them about the voices in your head that tell you to kill.
Example 3 – Celebrity Book Signing

Good: Showing up at a book-signing and purchasing the book that the celebrity recently wrote, then asking them to sign it.
Bad: Showing up at a book-signing with an unauthorized biography about the celebrity that he or she didn’t write and asking them to sign it.
Ugly: Spitting on the celebrity at their book-signing because you disagree with his or her past actions. (This actually happened to Jane Fonda at a recent book-signing for her autobiography, My Life So Far!).

Spotting a celebrity at the mall or on the street can be an exciting ex-perience. Just remember, they’re people, too. They’re not wild animals that have just escaped from the zoo, although I’m sure they feel that way at times. Here are some basic points to remember when you do spot your favorite celebrity out and about:

Stay calm. You don’t want to frighten your celebrity away!

Smile. People usually respond positively to smiling since this makes them feel more comfortable (unless the smile is coming from Jack Nicholson in Batman!).

Be informed. Know who it is you just spotted. If all you have in mind to say is: “Aren’t you the guy who played that guy…,” then you should probably not approach the celebrity.

Don’t interrupt. If the celebrity is on the phone, eating, in the bath-room, or talking to someone else, just leave them alone. If they happen to be with their children, don’t bother them – and in particular don’t hassle their kids.

Keep moving. Don’t hang around and freak them out. Step back and talk to someone else until you see that there’s a lull in the conversation or they’re about to leave.

Be real. As Jennifer Lopez liked to point out, she’s still “Jenny from the Block.” Whether you believe that statement or not, treat each celebrity with some common courtesy, and try to talk to them like they’re real people.

Stay low-key. If you talk loudly or cause a big scene, the celebrity will most likely be out of there faster than Jennifer and Ben’s Gigli was out of the theatres.

Be creative. “Would you mind signing this for my kid?” usually seems to work – even if you don’t have a kid. (You didn’t hear that from me!)

In contrast to showing courtesy to celebrities, during the past few decades there have been incidents of star stalking turned ugly. A woman obsessed with Brad Pitt pushed herself through an open window to enter his house, slept in his bed, wore his clothes, and was found with a book of witchcraft and a long needle with ribbons around one end. (We don’t want to know what that was for!) Pitt was then granted a restraining order against the teenager.

A Madonna fan chose the wrong superstar to mess with when he climbed over the wall to her house after reportedly asking her to marry him and threatening her repeatedly, and he was shot several times by her security guard. Madonna’s stalker ultimately was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his actions. Most recently, an Uma Thurman fan who sent letters to the star threatening to kill himself if he saw her with another man was indicted on stalking charges. Of course, he didn’t just send a letter. The man also tried to get into her trailer by claiming he was a friend when she was filming a movie in New York.

However, you don’t have to be a complete psycho to be accused of stalking. Many people have been accused of invading a celebrity’s personal space for being just a little too persistent. See the sidebar “The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly” below for insight on how to stay in safe territory.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Hey.

Thanks for posting this, but starting a new thread isn't necessary. This would probably be best in the Meeting Lauren Thread. Just look for an appropriate thread next time you have some news

Closing this thread.