Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-02-2016, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

I wanted to go, but they gave out wristbands in the morning and I was going to take a day off work but that ended up being impossible because of a huge event at school today, so I had to settle with just yesterday's event. I'm sure we'll get reports, though!
Old 12-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I went to the signing and got to meet her! There was a lot of line waiting throughout the day but it was definitely worth it. She's so beautiful (what everyone says about her being even prettier in person is totally true) and the discussion & q & a was interesting. The photo op part went super fast. They kept the line moving so my whole interaction with her was pretty much her saying how are you, me replying, her saying thanks for coming and me saying thank you so much! Lol. But it was amazing and I can't stop staring at our pic together.
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 12-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

Shani - that´s awesome that you got to take a pic with her. So lucky Hope you had your best smile ready

Old 12-03-2016, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Great news, Shani!
Old 12-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Thats awesome TShani313 that you got to meet Lauren at the book event! She is such a sweetheart! I couldn't make it to the book event last night I am glad you had fun and that you got to chat and take a photo with her!

I met Lauren at the opening night Tony Awards Nomination Party for the Broadway show Guys and Dolls at MODA in NYC On May 5, 2009.

It was a private event. Ironically my friend was looking for venues to host her Film Festival party and the manager at the place MODA invited us to the Tony Awards Nomination party so we could see what a party was like there. Of course we jumped on the chance because we were big Lauren fans.

I was so excited because I remember how Lauren was in the show. It was such a fun night! They preformed a few numbers from the show Guys and Dolls as well.

We then were able to get a group photo with Lauren and told her how we loved her in Guys and Dolls. She was so sweet and posted for a photo with us. It was such an amazing night!

I would post it but FF changed photo rules I can email it in a PM if you want.

My friend also go video from that night as well! Around 12 second you see Lauren! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjHn3cTVabk

Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 12-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Got to meet her as well! She was very beautiful and smart. Loved her QA...she is Lorelai But I got a picture with her and just told her that she's brought so much happiness to my life and she seemed really appreciative. I'm loving her book too
Old 12-04-2016, 12:17 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow I'm soo happy for you guys!!!
Old 12-04-2016, 04:54 AM
Elite Fan

Congrats to those who went to the book signing and met her! How I wish I could have been there.
Roswell... could you keep your posts related to the thread? This is the book thread. Thanks!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 12-04-2016, 09:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Didn't know where to post this, but since her book is in the background, I thought I would post it here.

Lauren Graham speaking at Barnard College. I would love see, the whole thing. Looks like she was having fun.

More pics here...

https://www.instagram.com/explore/lo...rnard-college/
Old 12-04-2016, 09:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

She's definitely been busy this week!
Old 12-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thank you to those who are able to go to her book signings for sharing your pics, videos and comments with those of us who aren't able to go to them we live through you

Got my book on Wed and my audio book on Fri. Have been really bummed because I haven't been able to read or listen to either of them yet. I'm hoping to be able to start the book later today. I want to read it first and then hear how she says it.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Got my book on Wed and my audio book on Fri. Have been really bummed because I haven't been able to read or listen to either of them yet. I'm hoping to be able to start the book later today. I want to read it first and then hear how she says it.
I don't have the audiobook, but reading the book, I can clearly hear her speaking. The writing sounds like her. I think it'll be fun to read it and then listen to it!
Old 12-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
I want to read it first and then hear how she says it.
I have the audio, but not the book. But like you, I want to read it first. It's been really hard, to do.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

For the German clan here.... she speaks german! And it sounds soooo good. She explained "auf wiedersehen" for Yanic
Old 12-05-2016, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

I love that little video, it's so cool that she ngoes back to her alma mater! Wish we had the whole thing.
Book out on the Italian amazon (origina English version) tomorrow!!
icon: Permanent_99