Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-24-2013, 02:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Laurens reply:

Quote:
@kelly_clarkson You'll always be Kelly Gilmore Braverman to me! Thrilled you got the book - hope you enjoy it.

stuff like this makes it harder for me to disslike Kelly Clarkson. ;p
Old 08-25-2013, 05:12 AM
Elite Fan

Aw that's nice! And I don't dislike Kelly at all. I don't know much of her music, but she seems nice.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 08-26-2013, 06:19 AM
Extreme Fan

The ebook cover has been modified a bit (New York Times Bestseller mention and quote added and something has disapeared lol)

Old 08-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Extreme Fan

It's great that the book is doing so well. It's on my list to read as I've heard great things about it.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley3380 (View Post)
The ebook cover has been modified a bit (New York Times Bestseller mention and quote added and something has disapeared lol)
hahaha the bench...
Sarah
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I really want Kelly to record at the Luncheonette!
I do too.

I love when these two fangirl over each other.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:30 AM
Extreme Fan

From EW.com:Lauren Graham's pick to star in TV adaptation of her novel? Mae Whitman | Inside TV | EW.com
Old 08-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Obsessed Fan

I would love to see Kelly record at the Luncheonette, too.

I am not on twitter so I don't know how it works, but I checked Kelly's twitter to see if she had written anything else about the book and noticed that in the group of tweets attached to Kelly's tweet about the book, Lauren's tweet wasn't there and I was wondering if Lauren actually replied to her Kelly or just tweeted that on her own account? Love that they do correspond with each other. Love them both.

Valentine, thanks for the cover pic and for the article. Had to compare the covers to see what was missing and caught the bench right away Would love to get the book with the new cover even though I do have two copies of the book with the orig cover as well as the audio book. Has anything been mentioned if/when it will be in paperback?

That would be so cool if Mae could do the part of Franny in the show, but I don't want Parenthood to end, well, will have to see where season 5 leads, and I don't want Mae to leave the series if it does go on for a season 6. Have no clue who else I could see for the part of Franny. I do hope that it does get picked up. If it does, Lauren will be a really busy gal, what with PH, writing for SSM and writing the second book.

Last edited by SarahJ5941; 08-26-2013 at 11:47 AM
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Valentine!

Quote:
That would be so cool if Mae could do the part of Franny in the show, but I don't want Parenthood to end
Exactly... I couldn't deal with PH without Amber. But I also really want Lauren to get the main character she has in mind.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 08-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Loyal Fan

I hate to say it but I think they're setting up for this being PH's last season.

That being said, I think Mae is a perfect fit for the show in the part of either Jane or Franny - she's a natural Jane but a great actress and I can therefore see her being Franny.

Does that make sense?
Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yes, it does make sense and I agree with you.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this will be the last season of PH even if I don't want it to end.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Yes, it does make sense and I agree with you.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if this will be the last season of PH even if I don't want it to end.
To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about it - I haven't enjoyed the past couple of seasons nearly as much as the first (which is common) and it just seems to be getting more and more drama-heavy. I miss the comedy.

Anyway, to be on topic. I guess a spoiler thread shouldn't happen until it's been picked up? (which it will. I mean this much buzz already?)
Old 08-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the article, Valentine.

For Lauren I really do hope the show will get picked up.

I agree with Syds about Mae. She is more natural to be Jane but she can act to be Franny.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

After all of the buzz about the Bridget Show and ABC (I think that is who it was) was saying it was picked up and then later said no, I will just keep hoping for the best but not get to excited about it until I know for sure. My fingers are crossed that it will be picked up and am enjoying all the buzz about it in the mean time.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Franny is described as being tall. Mae is not. I know they can change it, but, this and other things don't quite fit. Just my feeling.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls