Someday, Someday, Maybe
by Lauren Graham

Random House Publishing Group
Release day: April 30, 2013
Pre-order here

What is the book about?
Synopsis

Quote:
From Lauren Graham, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood, comes a witty, charming, and hilariously relatable debut novel about a struggling young actress trying to get ahead―and keep it together―in New York City.

It’s January 1995, and Franny Banks has just six months left of the three-year deadline she set for herself when she came to New York, dreaming of Broadway and doing “important” work. But all she has to show for her efforts so far is a part in an ad for ugly Christmas sweaters, and a gig waiting tables at a comedy club. Her roommates―her best friend Jane, and Dan, an aspiring sci-fi writer―are supportive, yet Franny knows a two-person fan club doesn’t exactly count as success. Everyone tells her she needs a backup plan, and though she can almost picture moving back home and settling down with her perfectly nice ex-boyfriend, she’s not ready to give up on her goal of having a career like her idols Diane Keaton and Meryl Streep. Not just yet. But while she dreams of filling their shoes, in the meantime, she’d happily settle for a speaking part in almost anything—and finding a hair product combination that works.

Everything is riding on the upcoming showcase for her acting class, where she’ll finally have a chance to perform for people who could actually hire her. And she can’t let herself be distracted by James Franklin, a notorious flirt and the most successful actor in her class, even though he’s suddenly started paying attention. Meanwhile, her bank account is rapidly dwindling, her father wants her to come home, and her agent doesn’t return her calls. But for some reason, she keeps believing that she just might get what she came for.

Someday, Someday, Maybe is a story about hopes and dreams, being young in a city, and wanting something deeply, madly, desperately. It’s about finding love, finding yourself, and perhaps most difficult of all in New York City, finding an acting job.

previous unnofficial titles: You´ll Never Make It; Faster, Funnier, Louder

Quote:
Any Gilmore Girl fans out there? We've got actress Lauren Graham's debut novel, YOU'LL NEVER MAKE IT, just acquired by @JenESmith!
Quote:
Lauren Graham's debut novel is semi-autobiographical about struggling actress in NYC in mid-90s who waits tables as she hopes for big break
Quote:
No date yet. Read early pages and it's fun RT @Lavender_Lines: @atrandom OMG when is Lauren Graham's book out? #drooling #musthave

First reviews:
Quote:
"Fresh and funny and full of zingers, Lauren Graham's charming writing style instantly drew me in, but it was her relatable characters (complete with doodled datebook entries!), irresistible romantic twists, and delicious plot that kept me turning pages until well past my bedtime."-Meg Cabot, author of the Princess Diaries and Heather Wells mystery series
Quote:
"Warm and funny, charming and smart."-Diane Keaton, New York Times bestselling author of Then Again
Previous thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Master Fan

well, my current status is pretty depressing

Quote:
Not yet shipped

Delivery Estimate: Friday May 24, 2013 - Friday June 14, 2013

Old 04-26-2013, 02:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Same for me, Katka. I don't want to wait for so long.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think this is new.

Book World: Jen Chaney reviews Lauren Graham’s ‘Someday, Someday, Maybe’ - The Washington Post
Old 04-27-2013, 12:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
Exactly the same for me But I must say, I have never had to wait as long as the estimated delivery date. It's always way sooner for me (as in a couple of days after shipment), so I hope it's the same now!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 AM
Master Fan

yeah, first important review. Lauren did good

Old 04-27-2013, 03:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Mine appeared yesterday and was my first post in my brand new flat *makes me very happy*

Couldn't resist starting it last night, though I was sooo sleepy I think I'm going to have to go back and re-read from the beginning again!

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
Old 04-27-2013, 03:42 AM
Loyal Fan

So jealous of those of you who've got it. My amazon still says:

Not Yet Shipped

Delivery Estimate: Friday May 10, 2013 - Wednesday May 22, 2013 by 8:00pm
Old 04-27-2013, 06:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydsgirl1 (View Post)
So jealous of those of you who've got it. My amazon still says:

Not Yet Shipped

Delivery Estimate: Friday May 10, 2013 - Wednesday May 22, 2013 by 8:00pm
My Amazon order also says "Not Yet Shipped," but it is due to arrive on Tuesday. Interesting.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Extreme Fan

Okay, I am sorry to make you all jealous, but am done, 3 days and I finished the book. That has to be some sort of a record for me! I think I've surprised myself.

Obviously, I am not going to go into detail, other then it was everyone has been saying wonderful, charming and whitty. Lauren did a wondeful job with this book. Can't wait till everyone reads it! Then we can discuss more.
Old 04-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)

Obviously, I am not going to go into detail, other then it was everyone has been saying wonderful, charming and whitty. Lauren did a wondeful job with this book. Can't wait till everyone reads it! Then we can discuss more.
Totally agree, I loved it! I'm not that fast a reader normally but I whizzed through it (in a good way) and was longing it to go on longer! The acknowledgements at the end made me a bit teary too Hope that's not giving too much away

"...we're flavoured coffee brewing losers"
Old 04-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

I wasn't expecting my copy until the middle of May so it was a lovely surprise to see it on my doorstep Friday morning! I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet because of work but I'm loving it so far. Although I'm glad as I don't want to finish it too quickly because I won't want it to end! I got a bit teary at the acknowledgments as well they were the first bit I read, they're lovely but how cute is the very last bit
Old 04-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs brightside (View Post)
I wasn't expecting my copy until the middle of May so it was a lovely surprise to see it on my doorstep Friday morning! I haven't had a chance to read much of it yet because of work but I'm loving it so far. Although I'm glad as I don't want to finish it too quickly because I won't want it to end! I got a bit teary at the acknowledgments as well they were the first bit I read, they're lovely but how cute is the very last bit
I'm not sure i can hold out! I'm terrible with spoilers! Any lovely generous person want to tell me (via PM) what 'happens' in the acknowledgements that has everyone so teary?
Old 04-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcake0 (View Post)

Totally agree, I loved it! I'm not that fast a reader normally but I whizzed through it (in a good way) and was longing it to go on longer! The acknowledgements at the end made me a bit teary too Hope that's not giving too much away
Omg, the acknowledgement is so heartfelt! I cried.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Tomorrow!