Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Extreme Fan

So I've been very, very, lucky to have received a review copy of the book from the publisher so, of course, I spent my weekend reading it. And it was a weekend well spent lol.
I can't say too much about the book but I can confirm that those 3 words are perfectly describing a perfect book, because yes, it is perfect. And no I'm not exagerating or fangirling lol. Be prepared to be blown away because I totally was. Lauren is a very fine writer.
It might be my favourite thing she has ever done. I mean, seeing her acting is always wonderful, watching her on talkshows is always awesome, but reading her words was something more incredible to experience. (nope, still not exagerating lol).
It is very funny and witty, and smart and charming and inspiring, just like her, and you're all gonna love it!
And I can't wait until the end of April because right now I can't talk about it with anyone and it's the most frustrating thing ever and it's driving me completely insane.

(Also I totally love her more now)

Last edited by Hayley3380; 01-15-2013 at 07:08 AM
Old 01-15-2013, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

You are one lucky gal!! My expectations are through the roof now!

Old 01-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

I am beyong jealous, Val!
I'm glad you found the book to be so wonderful and I have no doubt that you aren't exaggerating or fangirling even one little bit. We all won't either, once we get it.
Thanks for sharing!

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 01-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Loyal Fan

Wow, how did you pull that off!?

So glad you enjoyed it - I seriously can't wait for April now. I wanted to wait for a paper copy, but if the e-book is out on the same day I might have to download it lol.

So I guess one of the conditions for getting the book was that you can't talk too much about it?
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley3380 (View Post)
So I've been very, very, lucky to have received a review copy of the book from the publisher so, of course, I spent my weekend reading it. And it was a weekend well spent lol.
I can't say too much about the book but I can confirm that those 3 words are perfectly describing a perfect book, because yes, it is perfect. And no I'm not exagerating or fangirling lol. Be prepared to be blown away because I totally was. Lauren is a very fine writer.
It might be my favourite thing she has ever done. I mean, seeing her acting is always wonderful, watching her on talkshows is always awesome, but reading her words was something more incredible to experience. (nope, still not exagerating lol).
It is very funny and witty, and smart and charming and inspiring, just like her, and you're all gonna love it!
And I can't wait until the end of April because right now I can't talk about it with anyone and it's the most frustrating thing ever and it's driving me completely insane.

(Also I totally love her more now)
Omg Valentine. So lucky.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
So I guess one of the conditions for getting the book was that you can't talk too much about it?
I got it for a profesionnal reason
The not talking is part of the strict rules that come with the copy
And from the experience I had with the book, it's way more enjoyable to not be spoiled
Old 01-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Extreme Fan

You're so lucky! Love what you said about it.. can't wait till April 30th!!
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

So cool, Valentine

Can't wait to read it when I receive it (May 8th, according to Amazon, lol).
Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

Oh wow Valentine, you're so lucky!!! I'm more and more curious now!!

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

OK, now I really, really, really can't wait until the end of April so that I can finally read it. I am so glad that it is getting great reviews.

Valentine, you are so amazingly lucky and I am so jealous
Old 01-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Master Fan

Valentine, you are extremely lucky to read Laurens book! I'm really curious to read it myself now..
Old 01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

Valentine, you are so freakin' lucky! I'm so glad it will be worth the wait (not that I doubted that it would).
Old 01-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Extreme Fan

Guess this is what it looks like! Ah can't wait to have it for my own.. Photo by melissarochelle • Instagram
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, I like the cover. Very cool that you got to read it and enjoyed it, Valentine! I'm excited for it.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Very cool!

So glad you enjoyed it and I can't wait to read it. Really hope she does a book tour and comes to a town near me.