7/10/2017 to 7/16/2017 1.04, 1.05, 1.06
7/17/2017 to 7/23/2017 1.07, 1.08, 1.09
7/24/2017 to 7/30/2017 1.10, 1.11, 1.12
Perfect!
Old 06-29-2017, 12:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Awesome! Thanks, Christine. I'll probably watch an episode tonight to get a jump start. Should we use a separate thread to discuss the episodes or would y'all want to just use this PH thread?
Old 06-29-2017, 10:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula78 (View Post)
Awesome! Thanks, Christine. I'll probably watch an episode tonight to get a jump start. Should we use a separate thread to discuss the episodes or would y'all want to just use this PH thread?
I think this thread is ok, since it's pretty slow since the show isn't on anymore. But I'll add something to the title so people know we're doing a re-watch if they want to join in.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Sounds good. I've already watched the first 3 episodes. I realize just how much I've forgotten about the first season. My favorite scene has to be the scene where they all get high at the school. And Crosby never fails to crack me up, along with Lauren of course. I'm really looking forward to Sarah meeting Mark.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

Here's my thoughts so far.

Episode 1
Happy to be starting this show again.
Wow, Max looks soooo young. I forgot how overbearing Zeke was. Sarah at the police station was so heart breaking. Lauren looked really pretty in this episode, at the police station, and on the date. Poor Adam is so overstressed. Sarah and Drew at the gas station was also sad. Jabbar is so cute and little!

Episode 2
I forgot the Netflix version has a different title song. I miss the other version. Wow, the Lessings are really overwhelming! Teenagers (Amber & Drew) are the worst. Watching the Joel/Julia/Raquel makes me uncomfortable. The ending with them smoking pot was funny. Lauren patting down Peter was cheeky

Episode 3
Weird, Netflix now has the real title song back. Julia still bugs me. I get that she’s trying to bond with her kid, but I don’t have much sympathy for her. I adore the swimming scene at the end, and they have the perfect song for it. It’s one of my favorite scenes to re-watch. Wasn’t there a scene in this episode where Julia and Joel break into the pool at night? If so, Netflix cut it out. Or was that in a different episode?

I think Parenthood makes great use of their music. I have to give props to their musical director(s).
Old 07-09-2017, 03:56 AM
Loyal Fan

M y Thoughts so far on S01! The Pilot was truly amazing! The switch from Maura to Lauren is Almost not to see. I loved Mae and Lauren together from theur very first Scene! Milrs was sooooo cute and he really is a good Actor! Peter is such a fantastic Adam! There couldn't have been a better Actor for tjis Role! By the Way... S01e04! The look he gives to Lauren and She gives to Him shows me the Start of Kraham! Monica is a priceless Actor but I don't like Kristina that much... Max and all the others doing a great job too!

MY RUN THROUGH THE FIRST FEW EPISODES:
Let's start with the Autism Topic! I really loved the Storyline for Max and His Problems! He's just really really really great at it! And So is Monica, Sarah and Peter! Crosby has a strong Storyline too. I like his Moments with His Son. But I really love the Scenes inside of The Family... the Dinners and the Danceparty! Lauren looks just beautiful on every single Scene she does! Even with Motor oil on her Hands! Her Scenes with Jason Ritter are really really cute! I shipped Them so hard in the early Seasons... the Guest stars are great too.

To be continued! I keep in touch!
Old 07-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Master Fan

I'm also not a huge fan of Kristina in these early episodes either. But they really picked perfect actors for these roles.

Here’s my thoughts on episode 4
Ah, poor Drew and all his showering.
Lauren asking Peter about it was funny.

I really dislike Haddie in these episodes. But, I guess her behavior was pretty typically teenage. Crosby and Jabbar were pretty cute together. And Amber babysitting was sweet. You can see the beginning of Lauren and Mae’s friendship.

Loved the basketball and family scene at the end, with the Josh Ritter song. Julia and Sarah crack me up, and how Adam reacts to Steve and Haddie. This is one of my favorite scenes in the whole series.

And here are my thoughts on episode 5
I love the big family scenes.
Oh, Mark and Sarah! They are so charming together, and it’s clear they have great chemistry. It was really nice that Drew got Max interested in baseball, and that he got to spend so much time with Adam. Crosby was totally in the right with wanting a paternity test. Just to cover his legal rights, should something ever go wrong between and him and Jasmine, or should something happen to Jasmine. He just didn’t really go about it in the right way at first. Glad she finally realized it.
Oh, this is where they break into the pool. I thought it got cut from an earlier episode by Netflix. Glad it didn’t.

Back later with more...

Last edited by the_strawberry_girl; 07-09-2017 at 07:35 PM
Old 07-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

is it on uk netflix?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:37 AM
Loyal Fan

I watch it from my DVDS
Old 07-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Master Fan

Random thoughts while watching Episode 6

I felt a little bad when Crosby was trying to tell his parents about Jabbar. Sarah and Mark are so darn cute. Nice to sea horse you. I really hate the Joel/Julia/Raquel story line.

Would you ask your sister if she had ever faked an orgasm? Is that something a brother and sister talk about? I would never talk about that with my brother, haha.

I did love Camille’s reaction to finding out about Jabbar. She was so genuinely happy.
Seriously Sarah and Mark are way too cute. The passing of the note was great.

Crosby is a good dad.

Random thoughts while watching Episode 7

The scene with Kristina, Julia, and Sarah talking about grooming makes me laugh.
I do feel bad for Adam, but I think he could also learn to say no. It sucks that Sarah broke up with Mark, but she did it for the right reasons.

Last edited by the_strawberry_girl; 07-17-2017 at 11:35 PM
Old 07-19-2017, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Oy! Oy! Oy! I see with my Eye #kraham !

Poor Adam he can't say no! I loved Peter's scene with Mae in the Car. And Kristina is sooooooooo annoying! Dr pallikan this dr pallikan that! Gaby here gaby there.... blah blah blah!

Crosby is such good Father! I like his bonding with Jabbar and Jasmin!

The scene with His Parents at the Diner is really really cute! A minus for Jasmin because she waited to long to tell her family the Truth!

Sidney is just spoiled and Julia is just such a Carrier Woman.... oh boy...

Lets go to Sarah and Mark or Marc... I have no idea hihi!

Just cute! Poor amber she has a thing for him too but he's in love with her Mother... what a sad moment to gear her crying in her room.

To be continued!
Old 07-23-2017, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

Random thoughts on Episode 8

I really think I’d hate to have Zeke as a dad, or a husband. He does not listen and never seems to gauge when he is overstepping his boundaries or upsets people.

It was admirable of Crosby to try and cover for Jasmine’s lie, but I’m glad the truth came out. At least she finally told the truth. It was nice of her to show Crosby the birth video at the end.

I felt a little bit bad for Kristina when hearing about Sydney. But not really too bad.

I love Sarah and Amber’s relationship, when Sarah realizes she can’t control her daughter, but instead wants to just get alone with her. Her smile at the end was so warm and happy.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
Would you ask your sister if she had ever faked an orgasm? Is that something a brother and sister talk about? I would never talk about that with my brother, haha.
I know! I was thinking the same thing when I saw that episode the first time!

Yay! I've caught up finally. Heh, my parents and I were going to watch a movie together tonight but we ended up watching 3 episodes of Parenthood instead because I had already started an episode while they were taking baths and they got all nostalgic when they walked in the room and it was on the TV and wanted to keep watching them. We watched episodes 8, 9 & 10.
Old 07-30-2017, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

I'm a couple episodes behind. I've watched through 10 so far. Still need to watch episodes 11 and 12 to catch up.

But here's the next bit of the schedule, for anyone watching along.

7/31/2017 to 8/6/2017 - 1.13, 2.01, 2.02
8/7/2017 to 8/13/2017 - 2.03, 2.04, 2.05
8/14/2017 to 8/20/2017 - 2.06, 2.07, 2.08
8/21/2017 to 8/27/2017 - 2.09, 2.10, 2.11

And here's my recent random thoughts while watching.

Episode 9
I always love a good Braverman dance party. Peter really has some great moves, haha. Sarah and Amber catering the poetry reading always makes me laugh. Amber’s reaction to Jim’s poem is priceless. I do think Adam is over-reacting a little with Haddie, but I still want to smack her. She’s such a brat.

Episode 10
Julia coaching a soccer team is a bad idea! Watching little kids playing soccer is so funny. I wonder if we were that funny at that age. Probably. But now jerk Steve is hitting on Amber. It’s true Haddie had broken up with him, but he knows Amber is Haddie’s cousin. Once again, I still think Zeke is kind of a jerk.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:02 PM
Loyal Fan

I couldn't resist and finished the first Season this Weekend.

Oh oh oh Zeek! Why is he soooo stubborn and pride?! His Kids wanted to help Him and he is just such an proud idiot and tries to tell adam "it need 2 for that" such a Bull****! Poor Camille! I feel for her and I totally understand her Feelings.

Crosby and Jasmine are really great together. But I think Jasmine is kind of selfish here... I wouldn't leave my Kid for work!

Drew is so cute and Amber and Sarah too! The giant Fight with Haddie on tge Field was really to much. I'm glad Haddie told Her friends to stop to attack Her. But in the next Moment I understood Haddie totally! Thank God that tge Fight is over!

Sarah and Adams talk about successful Parents is just touching and beautiful! I totally hate it that I love to see Lauren cry! But so it is!! Sarah should have picked her words carefully when she talked to amber... and when Lauren plays Ball with Miles... I just laughed!!!

Max is the HIGHLIGHT For me in the entire Season! He is doing a really good job! And I Love Adams speech "this is for my Son"

I guess I can skip Julia right? She's kind of annoying too. Not always but sometimes. I liked her day with Haddie but that's all. Syd is such a spoiled Kid! I really want to yell at her!!!

So that's it. I'm back soon !