Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Parenthood Thread # 41 - Already missing the Loving Group of Love

Last thread

By: Hayley3380

3rd season promos

Official Parenthood site on NBC.com

News
- Lauren Graham's 'Parenthood' role is not just another Lorelai Gilmore!
-'Parenthood' is coming back as a TV show!
-Lauren Graham On Her New TV Gig: Why My Role On ‘Parenthood’ Is So NOT Lorelai On ‘Gilmore Girls!’ Hollywood Life
-'Parenthood' Starring Lauren Graham Premieres March 2 on NBC 2010/02/11
-Ron Howard, Lauren Graham and Jason Katims Talk Parenthood in Film and Television - Entertainment News
-Family drama | The Spectrum
-So a Blonde Walks Into a Review: NBC's Parenthood
.Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife: TV Show Review: Parenthood
-Feminist Review: Parenthood
-New NBC TV Show Parenthood | The Shopping Mama
-El Paso Inc
-Gilmore Girl mom talks about Parenthood
-NBC’s Parenthood Preview - TotallyHer.com
-"Parenthood" Review: NBC's New Drama Series | Parenting Squad
-Familiar Faces In 'Parenthood' And Other Primetime Series - Starpulse Entertainment News
-Talking TV With The Producer Of 'Parenthood' - Forbes.com
-Interview with Ron Howard and Lauren Graham of "Parenthood" - Primetime TV Show Articles From The TV MegaSite
-Lauren Graham returns to series TV with 'Parenthood'

Celebrity Fan List
Lisa Kudrow
Kristen Bell
Hanry Winkler
Tegan and Sara
Holly Robinson Peete
Kelly Clarkson
Kaley Cuoco
TJ Thyne
Julie Benz
Jessica Simpson
Taye Diggs
Martina McBride

This is the Parenthood General Discussion thread. As any other thread, if not specified otherwise, this is a spoiler-free thread.
Please respect the spoilers rules.

Parenthood Campaign Thread - let's get a board for the show!

Old 03-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Passionate Fan

That is an awesome title!
Old 03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
That is an awesome title!
Thanks

Here´s another one hour long podcast about Parenthood.
Blogulator Radio Episode 45 – Keeping Up With The Bravermans

Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

yup..awesome title
Old 03-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Tftnt! I agree, love the title! Sad Tuesday with no Parenthood to look forward to. Boo.
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

LOVE this title. I am SO missing our loving group of love. It's Tuesday and I feel this big empty hole...

Edit to add: This just popped up in a google alert. It's an article from TV guide talking about some shows including P-hood.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt...t-1044508.aspx

Question: I'm curious to know whether or not you think any of the cast of Parenthood might get an Emmy nod before the show ends. Where would you put the odds of, say, Lauren Graham, Dax Shepard, or even Michael B. Jordan (for his excellent guest-star performance in "Clear Skies From Here on Out") receiving a nomination? The show might have its flaws, but I am a huge fan and would love to see these actors at least get recognized for their excellent, make-it-look-easy work. — Derek

Matt Roush: The odds probably aren't great, given that the show is ending its third season and it hasn't cracked the Emmys yet. (Not to say it never will, given the late blooming of shows like Friday Night Lights, which shares quite a bit in common with Parenthood.) It has to compete with ensemble dramas that make a lot more noise on cable, and while there are many times this cast hits an emotional home run, the show's generally lighter tone may keep it from resonating at nomination time. And while I'd love to see Lauren Graham eventually get her due, I'm betting that day will come in an actual comedy. It probably won't help this show's chances that it ended its season so early. Speaking of which ...

Question: Why did NBC air the season finale of Parenthood so early? — Rob

Matt Roush: The network ordered a season of 18 episodes this year (shorter than the usual 22), and it could have been worse. The initial order was for two episodes fewer. It seems to be a matter of inventory, that NBC wanted to free up the time period for some midseason tinkering — in this case, replacing it for the rest of the season with a reality competition, Fashion Star, which is like Project Runway with X Factor production values. (Still feels more like a Bravo knockoff to me, and surely that isn't the direction NBC wants to be heading.) This decision isn't likely to make any Parenthood fan happy, but I'd like to think the network will come to regret this decision. But it doesn't really affect the show's chances for renewal. It may not be a hit, but it does well enough, especially in the necessary demographics, to earn its place back on NBC's embattled prime-time schedule.
Sarah

Last edited by laurenlorelai; 03-06-2012 at 09:54 AM
Old 03-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
This decision isn't likely to make any Parenthood fan happy, but I'd like to think the network will come to regret this decision.
That's what I think as well. Besides The Voice and occasional sport events NBC has no big hit. I'm not saying that Parenthood is a hit show but why replacing it with yet another reality show that barely creates buzz. At least replace it with another drama show.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Katka!

And thanks for all the latest info, people!
Really enjoyed the wedding bts clip.
And I also didn't remember which color Amber's car is, lol. Still don't. I think I got five answers wrong the first time and two the second round. I admit, I'm not a perfect fan.

I wonder when we'll get info regarding the season 3 DVD release. Hoping we get another commentary with Lauren.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 03-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Haven't had a chance to view this yet, as I am at work, but looks interesting.

Parenthood - At the Wedding: Miles - Video - http://www.nbc.com
Old 03-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the links, yeah I hope NBC regrets their decision in not having 4 more eps for May sweeps... what show is replacing PH this week on NBC?

ETA - Bev there is a full list of cast members who did short interviews from the wedding.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Thanks for the new thread and all the latest

Lovely title, indeed
Old 03-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Last night the show returned here with a double ep (Sore Loser & Mr Honesty) but the promo was mostly clips from The Road Trip. I captured it and will upload it later for those interested.

Not YouTube as I got a warning last week about an Ellen clip I uploaded 2 years ago!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Walking Dead, House, Once, New Girl, Vampire Diaries and More! - TVLine

Quote:
Question: The March 1 episode of Parenthood seemed to wrap everything up in a way that often signals “series ender” rather than “season ender.” Any predictions on its renewal for next season? —Debbie

Ausiello: Here’s my prediction: The Bravermans will be back.
Pleaseeeeee

Emma: "We could change our identities, and go to Tallahassee"
Old 03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

March 1st?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
March 1st?
yeah, I saw that too... someone was screwed up..