Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Totally forgot about that one! Had it as my computer desktop for a while. Thanks for bringing it back!
Old 12-11-2011, 12:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilmorecoffee (View Post)
Totally forgot about that one! Had it as my computer desktop for a while. Thanks for bringing it back!
Just posted a 2nd pic of them at the CW launch party. (Check the last page)
Old 12-11-2011, 06:27 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the Dax photos, Vale!

Miles had a show last night with his musical partner and Mae & Sarah Ramos were on hand to cheer.
A fan photo of them: https://twitter.com/#!/Heather430/st...341696/photo/1

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the Dax and Kristen pics. They really look nice.

I wonder where Miles and his music partner were playing? Is that the fan with them or his partner?
Old 12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the article and pics!
Old 12-12-2011, 03:53 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I wonder where Miles and his music partner were playing?
it was at a place called the Hotel Cafe
I was kind of hoping a Lauren sighting
Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Ultimate Fan

From Ask Matt (no spoilers):

Quote:
Question: Love reading your "Ask Matt" column every week and I've been meaning to send this one in for some time now. My wife and I both love Parenthood and the way they can keep the stories realistic and relatable without feeling too heavy. It's really one of the few dramas we enjoy. I remember when production started on this show, Maura Tierney was set to play Sarah but had to drop out due to her health concerns at the time (happy to know she has recovered and thought she was an excellent addition to last weeks Office episode) and she was replaced by the always enjoyable Lauren Graham. Did the writers change Sarah's character type or history much to fit the new actress? It's not that I don't think Maura Tierney could play the role, I just think it would've been played a bit differently between the two of them. — Jeff

Matt Roush: My memory is kind of cloudy regarding the original Parenthood pilot, which featured Maura Tierney before she had to bow out. But while the character didn't really change in specific terms of what Sarah and her kids were up to in the pilot, the tone lightened up considerably with Lauren Graham in the role, and that extended to the show as well, dialing back the angst a bit to bring more humor into the family drama. Tierney tends to be an edgier actor, so while I'm not saying Parenthood became better or worse with this pivotal cast change, it did feel different.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

gjoni I was just about to post that, good thing I checked here first

I still wish they had released the original pilot, or at least talked about it more on the S1 DVDs. Its part of the evolution of the show, just like many other shows have unaired pilots. The Big Bang Theory comes to mind. On the the S1 DVD the shows producers talk about how it differed and the different actor playing Penny, it didn't dis Kaley just like talking about Maura playing Sarah would dis Lauren in the role of Sarah.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks, gege for answering my question.

Thanks, gjoni for that Q&A. It would have been nice for them to release the orig pilot for those who want to see it, but for me, I am glad that I haven't seen any of it. I like just knowing the way that Lauren plays Sarah. I am sure that there are a lot of unaired 1st pilots due to actor changes or script or filming changes that no one has seen or even know exists by anyone other than those involved in them.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Extreme Fan

One of the reasons that I wanted to watch Parenthood was for Maura Tierney. I've been a huge fan of hers since ER. I even met her, with Rachel and a few others this year. Such a great moment! Hope to do the same with Lauren one day. I can say that I have seen the pilot with MT, and its different, the scenes are the same but the acting style is totally different. The way that Matt decribes the two actress is spot on. Lauren brings a lighter element to the role, where Maura is more serious. I remember when i first saw Lauren, in the role of Sarah, I didn't like it! But at the time i didn't know who she was, and I didn't gel with her acting style. Now i can safely say the role was made for her!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Ultimate Fan

Exclusive: Peter Krause to Direct an Episode of Parenthood

Be warned - Has name of episode and number.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Pretty cool news, gjoni!!

Old 12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Wow, that's really cool! I wonder if Lauren will ever do that in the future..
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 12-12-2011, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

hee, cool thing. Lauren has to listen to Peter

Thanks, gjoni
Old 12-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
Exclusive: Peter Krause to Direct an Episode of Parenthood

Be warned - Has name of episode and number.
Great news!
icon: Permanent_99