Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Fall TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks Valentine. It is now my wallpaper as well.

Saw a commercial for Comcast during yesterdays Gilmore Girls. It had Neil Patrick Harris talking about Comcast and there was a laptop that was showing an episode of Parenthood. I am hoping that it was a good sign that Parenthood will be back otherwise I would think that they would have shown a different show that we already know is coming back. JMO
Old 04-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Saw a commercial for Comcast during yesterdays Gilmore Girls. It had Neil Patrick Harris talking about Comcast and there was a laptop that was showing an episode of Parenthood. I am hoping that it was a good sign that Parenthood will be back otherwise I would think that they would have shown a different show that we already know is coming back. JMO
I'm with ya, Sarah. We just need to keep sending those positive renewal thoughts to the NBC/Comcast execs.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow Valentine, they are amazing! I too have made it my background! Soooo pretty! Go Team Braverman!

Emma: "We could change our identities, and go to Tallahassee"
Old 04-16-2011, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntbee (View Post)
I'm with ya, Sarah. We just need to keep sending those positive renewal thoughts to the NBC/Comcast execs.
I third that, Bev & Sarah!

Hannah - I was wondering the same thing! Was it necessary to apply past tense? But your last statement is what I'm feeling as well. I guess NBC will takes its piddly little time waiting for the ratings results Tuesday & next week. But really, what can they be thinking? That it'll tank? I'm assuming it'll get around the same ratings as last week without budging that much, well, perhaps a bit, but they can only go up it seems cuz of the finale.

Val - Yes, I'd totally agree to adding her collage to the OP!

ETA: Alright, that's it! I seriously am going to start spamming NBC every day w/ a smiley asking them what the hold up is.

Last edited by Talula78; 04-16-2011 at 10:23 PM
Old 04-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Slightly different SEASON final promo - of course there are SPOILERS
YouTube - Parenthood (Trailer+Promo) 2x22 - Hard Times come again No more - Tuesday 04/19/11 - HD
Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 PM
Elite Fan

To continue on with the good vibes, this was posted on Gail Pennington's blog:

Quote:
kayla: hey gail, do you think that parenthood will get renewed? I think that it is one of the few shows that are on TV that are very well written and that the whole family can watch together. I would hate to see it canceled.
Gail: Gut feeling? NBC will renew "Parenthood."
Gail, I truly hope your "guts" are right!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still don't get why NBC hasn't said anything and what of the mystery interviews the cast had last month. Renew it already!
Old 04-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Master Fan

If NBC doesn´t renew it this Tuesday then we´ll have to way till Upfronts for sure. Maybe it´s part of NBC policy, to renew the shows in bulk togehter(like the comedies), They maybe don´t want to renew one drama and left the other people from other dramas unsecure. And since they didnt say anything about the future of Harry´s Law, something tells me we´ll have to wait, too. Or if they renew it now, they wont have that many of returning dramas to announce at the Upfronts so maybe they are saving the buzz for that. And they are also waiting how the new pilots will turn out. But I think NBC is already decided.

And I wish NBC would do some special promo for the finale. Something like "we have followed this family through this and this and that this season, lets watch it all come together in the big season finale". I can dream, right.lol

Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
And I wish NBC would do some special promo for the finale. Something like "we have followed this family through this and this and that this season, lets watch it all come together in the big season finale". I can dream, right.lol
Good idea!
Maybe some fan with clip making skills can prepare such a promo, at least for YT & internet distribution...

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 04-17-2011, 04:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Unfortunately the only promo I've seen on NBC is the one Craig posted earlier. I didn't bother to upload it because it didn't seem any different than the one they showed after the last episode. If I see another one, I'll be sure to upload it.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just did a YouTube search and was surprised to find it, even though its 95% the same as the one to air at the end of Slipping Away, a little different at the start.

Hope you find something different Debbie
Old 04-17-2011, 05:06 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I guess NBC will takes its piddly little time waiting for the ratings results Tuesday & next week. But really, what can they be thinking?
No renewal news, but for an example of the types of things that can go on behind the scenes of renewal, even for very successful shows, here's an article that discusses why Fox hasn't yet renewed Bones or House (2 of their highest rated scripted shows)

I figured there could be some behind the scenes wrangling, but had no idea it could be so complex.

It's too bad we may have to wait until May, when NBC announces their fall schedule. It would be nice to be able to watch the season finale 100% sure that the show will be back.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
No renewal news, but for an example of the types of things that can go on behind the scenes of renewal, even for very successful shows, here's an article that discusses why Fox hasn't yet renewed Bones or House (2 of their highest rated scripted shows)
yeah, but NBCUniversal owns Parenthood so the show shouldn´t have the same issues. It´s one of the pros in this renewal situation.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

OT - So does that mean House could move to NBC?
and how could that affect PH?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, both Bones and House would have been renewed for a long time if the ratings would have played the most important role in the negotiations, especially Bones. They aren't in the same position as Parenthood is. Both series will come back for sure, it's just a question on which network. For Parenthood it's simply a ratings issue.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread