Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - Episode 3.17 - Remember Me, I'm The One Who Loves You - February 21

Quote:
oe's baby is about to be born and Julia and Joel go to the hospital not to miss their baby's birth. Meanwhile, Sarah considers starting a new life in New York with Mark; Meanwhile, Crosby and Jasmine are forced to deal with their past as they go camping with Jabbar. Elsewhere, Adam and Crosby get an offer for The Luncheonette.
Source
icon: Permanent_99
Old 02-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another great ep, be back later with more...

ETA - okay had lunch now time for a bigger review.

First the bad, yes I said it was a great ep but not without it's faults, Amber what are you doing? I can understand the humiliation but seriously giving up a promising job because of this. That said I always thought she should be doing music, maybe if the guys don't sell the Luncheonette she can go work their or at least get some time to record a few songs?

I feel so sad for Joel, Julia and Sydney right now and the look of horror on Julia's face when she saw Zoe with the baby and knew her dream was over. But I'm sure there was more on the sides, I'll have to check.

So Adam want to sell, I wonder what the higher figure was 2 million maybe? I must have been a big number for him to shake on it.

Crosby and Jasmine, well who didn't see this coming after the last few eps not to mention then getting together earlier in the season?

And lastly the who NYC mystery is solved, we thought he was moving because he got a new job, now it turns out he hasn't (yet) and it won't happen for another year, well at least it's a commitment right up their with marriage and I hope things work out for them.

MIA this week were Zeek, Camille, Max and Haddie... oh I almost forgot Drew as well.

And once again thanks to Canada for the early *cough*

Last edited by lancer1993; 02-21-2012 at 07:47 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

*sigh*

Sarah and Mark - New York came out of nowhere, and I guess it will go there, too. To nowhere, as the promo suggests. They were so cute, though. I just... oh boy.
This episode leaves me frustrated - the last scene of Sarah and Amber - so telling, and the promo pretty much confirmes my thoughts. Dammit, I'm mad.

Julia - I felt so sorry for her. I wanna hug her so hard.

Jasmine and Crosby - I'm pretty much rolling my eyes at them. Blah!!

Liked this episode, though... prbbly because I could watch it on American TV.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:12 PM
New Fan

I dislike Kristina more than ever because if she hadn't ruined Amber & Bob, Amber wouldn't have came crying to her mom and Sarah would still want to move to New York.

Don't care about anything else lol. It was nice to see limited Adam, if only they would limit his wife. Oh, and Jasmine is crazy for choosing Crosby over Joe.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Pretty good episode, can't believe there's only one more..

So the NYC thing wasn't what I expected. I guess it's better that they're not rushing into anything and are planning to wait till Drew graduates.. but I still don't see Sarah leaving her kids behind (especially after the Amber/Sarah scene in the end showing that she still needs her mom). From the promo, not looking forward to what happens next with them. Oh and I loved their night picnic, cute! Favorite line: "Is that a baguette on your lap or are you happy to see me?" LOL. I feel like Lauren improv-ed that one..

Even though I'm not that crazy about Jasmine.. them together as a family is too cute not to be on board with it. Their last scene in the rain was really good. Looking forward to the wedding (even though it's crazy rushed and came out of nowhere).

Adam.. definitely wasn't a good idea to meet the guy for drinks. I feel a big Crosby/Adam argument on the way.

Felt so sad for Julia. Holding the baby and being so excited about taking him home and then the next second it's not happening anymore.. heartbreaking.

I loved the last scene with Amber and Sarah so much. Lauren plays the mother role way too well. Adorable scene. Mae and Lauren together are just perfect.
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

I've wanted to slap Zoe most of the season, but tonight, I wanted to slug her. That poor baby.

After last week, I saw the Jasmine/Crosby thing coming.

The whole NYC idea seems as rushed and not-well-thought-out as the baby idea. At least they're putting it in the future, but she'd still be 3000 miles away from her kids, assuming they stay in California.

I thought it was sweet that Amber came home to her mom for comfort.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hated Zoe for putting Julia and her family through all this but I think the experience has changed her and Zoe will make a good mother. That said by seasons end we probably won't see her again as it would be too painful for them.

I can't blame Kristina for what happened, she was only doing what she thought was right and protecting Amber, just like Sarah would have done in the same situation. And we can't put the blame on her if Sarah decides not to go to NYC. On that it doesn't feel rush and any move would be a year away like they said, how is that rushing things, from the sides/spoilers we got the impression the move would happen this season. That said I'm not liking the promo for next week.

As for Jas/Cros well who didn't see that happening, they have been getting closer and I guess they want to do it before anything else happens. Personally I think it's the right choice, they clearly still love each other and at least she has admitted to being controlling.

Yes I can see a fight coming over the Luncheonette but who will win?

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2012/02/21...od-nbc-review/

ETA - How is NYC rushed, its only an idea and not set to happen for a year, when Drew is most likely in college anyway.

OT - with the ending in the rain for Jas/Cros I kinda wish now that final ep kiss between L&L in GG happened in the rain or it started raining as they were kissing.

Last edited by lancer1993; 02-21-2012 at 10:03 PM
Old 02-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Didn't like this episode at all with one exception..Sarah and Amber's last scene. LG did that 'all emotions on the face in about 3 seconds' thing that should get her a dozen emmys.

It just all seemed too predictable. Taking the easy way out on the writing front.

Oh, I just got so mad at some of the comments on the ew review. So I went and spread the Sarah love lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Oh, I just got so mad at some of the comments on the ew review. So I went and spread the Sarah love lol.
I just don't see how they are rushing things or Sarah is being selfish, they are just talking and it's not planned for a year, how is that rushing things? And they are going to take into mind the kids.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:19 AM
Master Fan

I´m always so proud when the final song of the episode is a song that I have on my ipod. makes me feel cooler.lol (even thought this was like a second time that happend.lol)

I thought all the hospitals scenes were so well acted. I shed some tears. Very emotional.

I was hoping there would be more with Sarah. I thought we would get a hint of the break up.

I´m meh about Crosby and Jasmine but I would lie if I said I didn´t enjoy the cheesy in the rain love declaration.lol

Old 02-22-2012, 02:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Only thing that bugged me about the rain scene was it's obviously fake rain, look hard it's not raining off in the distance.

Last edited by lancer1993; 02-22-2012 at 12:41 PM
Old 02-22-2012, 03:35 AM
Extreme Fan

I cannot belive that some of you didn't like the episode. I thought it was outstanding! Definitely my favourite episode of the season. I enjoyed every moment, from beginning to end. Even the Adam scenes made my smile!

I knew Julia wasn't going to get the baby, but it was still so heartbreaking to watch! Especially after Zoe telling her she 'loved' her.

Am so happy that Crosby and Jasmine are back together. I actually re-watched there end scene twice because it was so romantic. Because I was too busy watching this amazing scene, I didn't notice the rain being fake! Haha

As for Mark and Sarah, adorable as ever! The line about the Baguette! That read like a Lauren line to me! Haha Too funny!!! But am really confused now, if it happens, how they break-up? (not that I want them too) I thought that maybe Mark had a job offer in NY. Turns out NY is just a plan of theirs. It's killing me not knowing! At least now Sarah is factoring her kids into the equation. And after my favourite scene with her and Amber, I have a feeling she re-thinking that plan? You could see it in her eyes. Speaking of that scene, it was so beautifully done by Lauren and Mae. They have such great chemistry together. I've missed these types of scenes between them. They hardly both said a word, but they caputured the moment so well. That fact they've both 'missed each other', made me realize how much time Sarah has obviously been spending with Mark, and Amber of doing her own thing. It just proves that it doesn't matter how old your are, everyone needs their Mom!

Can't believe one more episode left!

One more thing, Something that i've been wondering about, how old is Drew supposed to be? Cause I thought he had two more years left at school, but seems, he has only one. Because when Sarah was going on at Drew about his grades, am sure she mentioned 'Junior year'. I don't know much about American school system, but I thought that was before you entered your senior year,16? Have I got this all wrong?
Old 02-22-2012, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

The show is amazing in that that you cry all sad with devastated Julia and literally 1 min later you cry with a smile on your face with Crosby and Jasmine. Unbelievable.They sure like playing with us.lol

Old 02-22-2012, 07:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)

One more thing, Something that i've been wondering about, how old is Drew supposed to be? Cause I thought he had two more years left at school, but seems, he has only one. Because when Sarah was going on at Drew about his grades, am sure she mentioned 'Junior year'. I don't know much about American school system, but I thought that was before you entered your senior year,16? Have I got this all wrong?
He is probably 16 or 17.. Senior year is the last year of high school. Some kids are 16 their junior year and some are 17 depending on when their birthday is. I was 16 when I was a junior, but my oldest son was 17 almost 18 because where we live the date for school is different. California the date is Dec 1st. Where I live it is Aug 1st. So, a kid has to be 5 by these dates to start school or wait another year.

Now, on to what I thought of the show... I liked it... especially the Sarah stuff.. Lauren just does so much with just an expression. The Julia part was too predictable, but I still liked it, they did a good job. The previews gave away the Crosby and Jasmine story.. I still think Kristina is a B.... I just knew that Sarah wouldn't think that the Bob and Amber thing was a big deal. The Luncheonette story was ok, but a little long.... I don't think Adam will sell..it is Crosby's dream.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Here is my little rambles, didnt have time this morning after i watched it...

I was kinda surprised by the fact Mark just wants to move to NYC, i was, like everyone, expecting a job opportunity or something like that. I loved the little picnic they had, was so cute baguette heehee I loved how excited she was about cheese ahahha, my own personal thing, cheese is awesome lmao.

Kristina going on to Sarah about Amber with her boss, was kinda funny since Sarah dated Gordon lol. I knew Sarah would have a non-reaction to Kristina, which made sense, Kristina was way over the top, but at the same time, i get it lol. Liked how they made up too and Kristina told Sarah to go to NYC

Adam, i feel, shouldnt have taken that meeting, they are partners, Crosby should have been there, and i still dont think he will sell, its his dream after all. I also dont think i want them too, mainly because i dont like the recording studio scenes so ill be annoyed if they just give it up after having to watch them lol at the same time if they sold then, in season 4 (fingers crossed) there would be no scenes and that would be good ahahaha

Zoe/Julia was heartbreaking! I defos shed a tear, especially when Julia was crying, so sad I knew Zoe would change her mind, kinda for a while, but still its one thing thinking you know something and another to actually seeing it be played out.

I like Crosby/Jasmine, okay so i liked Crosby/Gabby the best lol but they are such a cute family with Jabbar and im happy they are back together and i like the rain scene, even though, as has been said, it was clearly fake ahaha.

The Amber/Kristina scene was nice, amazing acting from Mae, one single tear, wow.

And lastly, Sarah/Amber, omg, probably my favourite moment of the season, and its hard to say that because this is probably the moment that will sway Sarah into not going with Mark, because she knows her kids still need her, but it was so beautifully done, the acting was amazing, i just loved it, and its true, everyone just needs their mum sometimes.

...and that next week...my little shipper heart breaks Hoping for some good Braverman times though

Cant believe there is only one more left this season, im still holding out hope for season 4 and the twitter campaign starts ASAP after the final episode ahaha

Emma: "We could change our identities, and go to Tallahassee"