Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-17-2012, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - Episode 3.14 - It Is What It Is - January 17

Quote:
Zeek hears some striking news from his doctor while Crosby moves on and tries for a new relationship to work. Amber becomes confused about her boss's behaviour and Julia starts to worry about the chance of Zoe wanting to keep her baby. Elsewhere, Adam and Kristina realize that the cost of college will be an extra struggle for the family's economy.
Source

Promo:
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-17-2012, 08:41 PM
Extreme Fan

So far so good.. I'm being pleasantly surprised by how many scenes Lauren's in.
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 01-17-2012, 09:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

LG had lots of scenes tonight! I'm very happy with that! I wasn't expecting so much, since she was barely on the episode description.

Her scenes with Zeek are the best! They always make me laugh.

You don't need an invitation to your own life
Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa_89 (View Post)
LG had lots of scenes tonight! I'm very happy with that! I wasn't expecting so much, since she was barely on the episode description.

Her scenes with Zeek are the best! They always make me laugh.
Yes, this was a good episode for Sarah. I forgot how much I enjoyed her moments with Zeek.

The one storyline tonight that I was really not interested in at all was the Bob Little one. And the scene at the end with Amber and Bob reminded me too much of Sarah and Gordon in "The Booth Job"- minus the kiss.

ETA: Oh, and I can totally relate to what Sarah's going through with Drew. I have a son about his age and I always hear big news about him second-hand. It pretty much sucks. So cool that Sarah was able to talk to Zeek about it and chose to stay with him as opposed to going out to dinner (I'm assuming with Mark).
Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Not a bad episode, but not as good as the last ones. I enjoyed the Sarah moments the best of course. The Bob Little stuff was a snooze. I like Lily, so I don't care how it makes Jasmine feel. As for Zeke I new he just needed the space to get his thoughts together. It is always tough dealing with new health issues. (since I have MS I kind of understand that) I don't think Zoe will change her mind, I think she is just feeling sad because no matter what it hurts, and she knows she can't take care of the baby herself. OK, so those are my thoughts.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

It was an alright episode for me, nice Sarah scenes, love her with Zeke. I liked the Crosby storyline this week, dont care for Jasmine. Bob stuff bored me and i also thought of The Booth Job in that final scene, and basically thats all my thoughts.

Emma: "We could change our identities, and go to Tallahassee"
Old 01-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Thought tonight's episode was okay, nothing too exciting but glad there were more Sarah scenes than I expected.

I really like Lily now, love they have the music thing in common. Jasmine's being pretty annoying, like she's the only one who can be happy and in a relationship or something?

I didn't expect Adam and Kristina to change their mind about Cornell.. sweet moment with Adam and Haddie though. Adam getting choked up when talking to her.. aww.

I agree with you guys about the Bob Little parts being kinda boring. Didn't really keep me interested.

Poor Sarah being kept out of the loop by Drew. It's nice that he's gaining another sort of father figure through Amy's dad though. And cute how Sarah decided to pass on the dinner out w/Mark to stay and hang out with Zeek. Love their father/daughter dynamic.
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lots of Sarah/Drew scene and some with Zeek, guess we can't complain we didn't see them having dinner.

I'm a little confused in the sides it seamed that Sarah met Amy's parents for the first time at the house (like we saw tonight) but I think they might have had a rewrite as it felt to me that they had met before.

Didn't mind the Zoe stuff but it looks like it's getting harder for her to let go, I hope they don't go that way.

Zeek having a heart condition and buying the Air Stream trailer (caravan for those of us outside the US) as a way to do it all, I guess we know what the last scenes for Zeek and Camille will be for the season.

And yes Jasmine was a little jealous that Jabbar likes Lily, but probably more so that he found someone that he likes. I just hope Lily and Joe aren't hurt in all this!

And Amber, yes there was a moment with Bob at the end, but will they act on it?

Off to track down the songs, hope NBC posts them soon as Shazam can't ID the last one.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:58 AM
Master Fan

This was kinda non event episode. The critics are right, the show is always at its best when something dramatic is happening. I hope they will make some big storylines builds up and a heavy resolutions in the last four episodes for the show to pick up pace and get some juice. I like the slow episode,too, from time to time, but it just seems there was a lot of them lately. I´m ready for some action again.

I´m upset that Sarah has a different (boring) ringtone for Mark now. The "I love you, I want you" song was much better.lol

Old 01-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Master Fan

I have to say I'm a bit bored of how they deal with Sarah and her kids especially Drew. It's always the "they don't tell her anything until they get in trouble" stuff and then cut to Sarah's face in a close up looking disappointed and voilá, that's it.

That's being said, I enjoyed the scenes between Zeek and Sarah the most.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I did find weird is while Haddie's parents were worried about paying for college it wasn't even a topic with Drew. You would thing Adam&Kristina would be in a better place to pay for Haddie than Sarah with Drew.

Does anyone one know how expensive UC Davis over Cornell, compared to Berkley?
Old 01-18-2012, 03:52 AM
Extreme Fan

I have to say that I really enjoyed this episode. It wasn't by far the best this season, but there were some really great bonding moments, especially between Sarah and Zeek. Loved that she wanted to hang out with her Dad. But did anyone else want to see them having their pizza in the camper van? I know, that I did! and also I wasn't expecting Sarah to me in many scenes, so it was nice surprise to find that she was! I also like when she said to Zeek, about the camper van, 'is this ours? No, it's mine!'

It was good also that everyone had the same screen time. Except Joel, we need to see more of him, I don't know why he is always in the background?

Last edited by Kizzy81; 01-18-2012 at 04:53 AM
Old 01-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
One thing I did find weird is while Haddie's parents were worried about paying for college it wasn't even a topic with Drew. You would thing Adam&Kristina would be in a better place to pay for Haddie than Sarah with Drew.

Does anyone one know how expensive UC Davis over Cornell, compared to Berkley?
Actually, because of Sarah and Seth's financial woes Drew would probably have a better chance of going to an expensive college then Haddie. Financial aid would provide for him so much more. I felt bad for Haddie in this episode but I'm wondering about Adam making that promise to Haddie without talking to Kristina about it.

As for UC Davis vs. Cornell- Cornell is a private college. I am assuming UC Davis is a state school. If that is the case then UC would be much cheaper, especially for a California resident.

ETA: It's funny but I seem to have liked this ep more than most, which is usually not the case. I do agree with Ele though that they do the same thing over and over again with Sarah's character in regards to her kids. What happened in last night's ep with her and Drew was very real though but I'm not sure being real always makes for the most entertaining tv.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

UC Davis is University of California Davis... and Cornell is an Ivy league University. UC Davis isn't that far from Berkeley either... I would say maybe about an hour or 2 drive. Cornell is in NYC so ouch the air fare plus tuition would be a pain
Old 01-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that guys, guess it does make scene Drew could get more help.

So do we think Haddie could end up going to Berkley (or UC Davis) in the end? It's always tricky when TV kids go off to school, we'd see even less of Drew.