Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - Episode 3.13 - Just Smile - January 10

Quote:
Amber struggles at her new job, and Adam unexpectedly steals the spotlight from Crosby, creating stress at the Luncheonette.
Source

Promo:
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I thought this was a pretty good episode.. I loved Sarah taking Adam's beer... or did I just imagine that part.. I haven't had a chance to rewatch it yet. There wasn't anything in the show that I didn't like. I like the whole show. Not quite as much as I liked last weeks show except of course I loved the Sarah/Mark scenes. Anyway all in all I thought this was a pretty solid episode.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

Really liked this episode. All of the Sarah scenes were great.

More after I've watched again tomorrow.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really need a rewatch of this one. I loved it, especially the Mark/Sarah scenes and I loved the scene of the 3 sisters together.

I will have more thoughts after I watch it again. Man, Lauren with the awkwardness in the drunk scene...it's just impeccable. Her abilities constantly floor me.

Also...why did Sarah Watson tweet that there would be a dramatic ending to the episode? Did I miss something? Did she mean the adorable part of Sarah and Mark in bed?? Not quite sure what she was talking about.
Sarah
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 PM
Passionate Fan

So I feel like an idiot for asking this question, but since when do gynecologists use potholders as stirrup covers?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the ep was well balanced but this week the Crosby&Adam story line dominated followed but Mark and Sarah, A bit with Zoe and the new Lady in Crosby's life, Lily.

First the Adam and Crosby stuff was well played, of course they were going to work things out in the end but it was nice that along the way they learnt something. Kristina "You look like a Beetle" and the guys teasing him. Nice that Max thought the cover was awesome.

Mark & Sarah were great but did anyone else get some L&L flashbacks, first in the street talking/shopping then the drunken Sarah sounded a lot like Lorelai, sorry but it just did. Aside from that it was nice they talked, Mark is good freaked but Sarah is feeling old after the Gyno visit with the 40 is the new 30, not for your ovaries... Love that Mark fitted into the poker night, joking about the Philly Steaks.

Nice that things are working out for the Graham's (Julia & Joel). Joel looked weird in those glasses. Julia waiting up for Zoe, who I guess has been living there since her break up with Troy back in November.

Amber and her BIG glasses, who else could pull off that look? Nice she spoke up in the end and Bob came to see her and thank her. Didn't expect Amber to still be working there as well.

Damn no Drew this week and we missed Zeek & Camille plus Jabar and Jasmine, oh and Sydney.

I think that's it...

ETA
Quote:
So I feel like an idiot for asking this question, but since when do gynecologists use potholders as stirrup covers?
I didn't see that at first
Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 PM
New Fan

I don't think many here think about Gilmore Girls while watching this show like you do

I was excited for a Sarah centric episode but it will still an episode revolved around the music studio. Sarah's scenes with Mark were so sweet. The storyline was kinda anticlimactic though, it didn't really go anywhere and it seems like Sarah is not going to be in the next episode much. Oh well.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
I think mine uses golf club covers...
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollity (View Post)
it seems like Sarah is not going to be in the next episode much. Oh well.
Well it looked like this week was going to be all mark and sarah and then it wasn't so...guess we can't judge an eppy by it's promo!
Sarah
Old 01-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't compare GG & PH much any more, it's just this week those 2 things jumped out at me. How Sarah cried while talking to Mark and the street thing. Just an observation thanks all.

Now off to find next weeks promo and the music for this ep.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay just noticed at the start where they are trying to figure out a 4th for poker (strange there were 2 other guys there making 5 already) Anyway when Sarah walks up she takes Adam's beer and drinks it

Also loved how they teased here "When" she breaks up with Mark, yes this kinda reminded be also of Lorelai's inability to keep a man, so sue me!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Okay just noticed at the start where they are trying to figure out a 4th for poke (strange there were 2 other guys there making 5 already) Anyway when Sarah walks up she takes Adam's beer and drinks it

Also loved how they teased here "When" she breaks up with Mark, yes this kinda reminded be also of Lorelai's inability to keep a man, so sue me!
I noticed the beer thing also but that seems to be a Lauren thing because in the last episode Sarah was drinking what I assume was a coffee and then handed it to Joel, who then proceeded to drink it.

The teasing of "when she breaks up with Mark" annoyed me a little, especially coming from Crosby.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Part-Time Fan

OMG I just noticed that Sarah wakes up the next morning in Mark's grey tshirt with the yellow writing (can't make out what it says)!
Sarah
Old 01-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

"I thought 40 is the new 30? Not for your ovaries."
That one cracked me up. Overall a decent ep, it could have dealt with less Adam/Crosby "drama" though. And I've got the feeling we won't hear anything about the baby talk for a long time.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The storyline was kinda anticlimactic though, it didn't really go anywhere and it seems like Sarah is not going to be in the next episode much. Oh well.
This was my feeling as well. After the promos, and Dax´s tweet about a deep episode and Sarah Watson´s about "dramatic end" I sure expected more. I thought it would be THE episode. And I sure don´t like to wait 20mins between Sarah´s scenes (especially when it´s the reason why I wake up at 5:30, it just makes me cranky.lol) Drunk Sarah was totally adorable, though "There´s imaginary line". And I´m glad they cut the line where she wasn´t sure if Mark was her boyfriend (in the sides). But they also cut a scene where Sarah was pestering Adam about him asking Mark to join the poker.

I wish the Zoe storyline was over. Didn´t feel it today at all.

And I cracked up when Kristina said that Adam looks like Paul McCartney on the cover cos that was my first thought, too. lol

I don´t think we´ll ever get another Sarah centric episode...lol

Crosby is really unprofessional whenever there´s a storyline from the studio. Never listening to his clients, alwas focusing on his damn personal life. It annoys me. They had like 4 clients that we saw and 3 of them had to remind him to focus.

The biggest plus? minimum of Kristina and Max