Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - Episode 3.09 - Sore Loser - November 15

Quote:
During an intense game of Braverman charades, Joel and Julia come to the realization they may have spoiled Sydney. Meanwhile, Adam and Crosby celebrate a new client at The Luncheonette and Adam experiences an awkward moment with Rachel. Also, Kristina is concerned about Max's new friends at school, and Drew reaps the consequences of disobeying Sarah's rules.
Source
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-15-2011, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn no *cough* yet
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Well, I thought they did a good job on this episode. Sarah didn't wimp on the punishment as quick as I thought she was going to. And I think she backed down because of what Mark said and because of Camille's rant. I loved the Joel, Julia and Sydney story. Well played. And of course, Adam did back out of that kiss. I really loved Kristina confronting that kid about bullying Max. That was well done too.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

This definitely wasn't my favourite episode..but Drew and Amy are just too cute!

There were a lot of great moments (Kristina's confrontation, Sydney's freak outs etc.) but Camille's little speech made my cry a bit and even though it was small, I think it may have been my favourite part of the episode.

Also, this was the song playing during the scene with Drew and Amy when he snuck out:
The Lennings - "You're The One That I Want" (as seen on NBC's Parenthood) - YouTube So good! I just love the covers this show introduces me to!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought it was a good ep, maybe not the best this season but some good lessons for the kids out there

I like that Sarah was tough with Drew but only backed down after what Camille and Mark said, side not it was a shame Mark wasn't at the Braverman Charade Night. Also Drew going to see Amber who apparently is still smoking? Oh and at Charade didn't Lauren look extra cute in the bandana.

Adam should tell Kristina, just like last week with Seth and Sarah you just know this is bound to come out later down the track and it's not gonna be pretty.

Sydney was great, loved her acting, like Joel said she was a brat. Also Julia waiting outside the room and drinking/falling asleep. Then them putting her back on her bed

Max being teased at school and not even noticing, Kristina confronting the kid with the Justin Bieber hair, Adam "abort abort"

Over all a good ep, now time to find the rest of the music, someone said "What You Were" by The Drums was in the ep but I can't work out where yet...

ETA - forgot to add, Arty Party and the whole green theme music, nice touch as the NBC green week logo appeared on the screen.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Eh. Kinda a 'nothing' episode for me. I'm ambivalent toward it.

ETA: I do think that Amber needs to grow up though. The whole 'argh my mother is trying to control me' is such an adolescent thing.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:54 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydsgirl1 (View Post)
Eh. Kinda a 'nothing' episode for me. I'm ambivalent toward it.

ETA: I do think that Amber needs to grow up though. The whole 'argh my mother is trying to control me' is such an adolescent thing.
Yeah, that DEFINITELY disappointed me. She was doing so much better and was acting more grown up.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Amber - I don't think it was an anger thing, more passing on her knowledge, not that Drew should have followed it. What annoyed me was the smoking, does Mae smoke?

Okay tracked down a few of the songs used but still having trouble with the Charade Night one, Julia outside Sydney's room. Mark talking to Sarah about Drew. Rachel kissing Adam and the final starting when Sarah bought Drew the ice cream.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Oh and at Charade didn't Lauren look extra cute in the bandana.
yeah, except they almost didn´t show her. I was looking forward the charade for a month and I was disappointed, I hoped we would get to see more (not more of the game but more of the family interacting).

did Amber or Drew say sorry to Sarah, ever? I´m not fan of Sarah apologizing for her outburst that easily. Kids should have respect and her kids obviously don´t.

also, I didn´t get Camille´s point.

I didn´t mind the Adam and Rachel stuff. But him going to walk her home, in heavy rain, just to make sure she was safe was little too much. I mean, they stood in front of her house, would someone really do that unless he was hoping to be invited inside?lol just a plot device.

And how fortunate that Sydney got to learn how to loose just in time to end the episode. I liked the beginnig of that, it had a good potential, but them making her "good" so soon lost appeal for me and ruin the whole storyline.

mcswinnie - welcome

Old 11-16-2011, 12:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

I didnt enjoy this episode that much tbh :/

I used to like him, but im now begining to strongly dislike Adam, not just because he was an idiot and kissed Rachel, but his character is just boring, annoying and getting a bit predictable.

In season 1 i didnt like Kristina, season 2 she grew on me but she is also going downhill now for me too. I dont like that so much of the show is focussed on Adam and Kristina. However i did like Kristina and Adam when Kristina confronted that boy "abort, abort" ahaha

Crosby is a bit of a spare part, does he just not have a story any more?

They also need to start getting guest bands/singers in because that the only way the recording studio is going to remain interesting to me.

Quote:
also, I didn´t get Camille´s point.
me either :/

Now to stop my moaning and what i actually liked.

I liked that Sarah and Mark's first 'fight' was super adorable ahahha

Drew and Amy are cute.

I LOVED the Joel/Julia/Sydney storyline this week. Savannah did so well acting. I liked when Julia was sleeping outside the door and then when they put her to bed. Nice to see what goes on outside the door in that kind of situation, i have only been on Sydney's side ahahaha

So yea, for me, a meh kind of episode :/

And what a surprise, and Adam and Kristina promo

Emma: "We could change our identities, and go to Tallahassee"
Old 11-16-2011, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I got what Camille was on about, she felt like she was being used or taken for granted.

Sarah is still trying to find the boundaries with Drew, he's always been the good kid but there needs to be some trust.

More of the Charade's would have been nice.

OT - why hasn't NBC updated the music page in 3 weeks?
ETA - no sooner do a speak and the page is updated LOL

http://www.nbc.com/parenthood/music/

Last edited by lancer1993; 11-16-2011 at 01:34 AM
Old 11-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I got what Camille was on about, she felt like she was being used or taken for granted.
Yeah, I know but why? She was in the house and Sarah simply asked her if Drew was in his room. As far as I remember she didnt ask Camille to look after him.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe it was implied, like how she had to look after the kids last week?
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRambles (View Post)
I didnt enjoy this episode that much tbh :/

I used to like him, but im now begining to strongly dislike Adam, not just because he was an idiot and kissed Rachel, but his character is just boring, annoying and getting a bit predictable.
I think the same. I never really liked that Saint Adam thing.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:06 AM
Extreme Fan

I think that you've all pretty much said how i felt about the episode. It was like the calm after the storm! It was good, but nothing special. Too much Adam and Kristina. I used to love these two character but lately they're really starting to bug me! (expect when Kristina spoke to Max's bullies, that was funny) I think we've been spoiled with all the Sarah storyline over the last few weeks. I was also disappointed my the game night. I too was expecting more of this. But i agree Lauren looked cute in her bandana (very something Lorelai would have worn) Also, i like that Adam and Crosby are working together, but am fed up of hearing about and seeing it!

However, i did love the scenes between Drew and Sarah (but annoyed that i watch them on the NBC site yesterday, will be much stronger next time!) it was nice to see Sarah back in Mom mode for a change.

It was nice to see more of Joel and Julia. Julia drinking while Sidney was throwing a fit, was very funny! Probably not the most responsible things to do as a parent , but then again i don't have children, lol And Joel saying 'we've killed her' But last week Julia appeared to have short hair, this week it was long? They must have pinned it up last week?

I agree with you all on the Sarah/Camille scene. I got what she was trying to tell Sarah. What i didn't get was where this outburst came from?

But the scene that saved this episode for me was Sarah's and Mark's. Short but cheered me up! I wasn't expecting him in this episode. It was a nice surprize.

I was also annoyed that the episode i downloaded, was just about to show next weeks promo, then it cut off! But i see from Rachel, that its another Adam promo! ***eyes rolling**** Who cares! I want more Sarah/Seth storylines, and more Braverman family fun (that lasts longer then a minute).