Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ratings were steady
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-v-gains/82867
Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I really really liked this episode. You all have touched on everything already but all of the relationships just feel so real and genuine to me. Yes, Drew is being totally irrational and not thinking while taking his dad's side but he's a teenage boy and that's what they tend to do. Amber is more typical of the older sibling protection the single mom. As someone that comes from a similar background/childhood, it definitely resonates.

Oh Crosby....can't say I'm surprised but I'm interested to see how this works out. I also love how they gave Julia a good storyline this week and her character has been much softer to me recently. Can't wait for next week!
Old 02-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Extreme Fan

this episode was so good!

my fav scene was the last one with Sarah and amber.. made me all teary.
i also loved the scene with sarah and seth.
i disslike how drew acts now..

Gaby and crosby.. i hate to say it but i loved their scens together. they have soo much good chemistry.<3 i can`t wait to see the the next chapter in this drama.

The bug party was a big hit! Michael emmerson was awsome.

Julia and Joel was very cute/funny in this episode.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:13 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked this episode! Amazing Andy was so fun and it was great to see Adam and Kristina realize that Max might have a normal life in the future, a job and everything.
The party itself was the funniest part of the episode- and I'm not a fan of big hairy spiders, lol. And Julia and Joel being caught was pretty hilarious. Loved Kristina's "Do you want the bed?"

Poor Drew, he has to deal with so many conflicting emotions. It hurt me to see how he blew off Sarah outside school, but I guess it's understandable in the circumstances of him being a teenager and idolizing his father.
Loved the Seth/Sarah scene at the end, I don't know if there's gonna be something there again but it's obvious that as screwed-up as it was, they really loved each other a lot. I'm also really curious to see finally Amber interact with her father.

Quote:
I really wonder what the writers want us to feel toward Jasmine. Do they want us to be on Jasmine side at least a little? Cos I´m not. She was behaving ridiculously in this eppy. The chemistry between Crosby and Gaby was amazing. I really could see any possible relationship between them working. They are in tune to each other. Something that I´ve never seen between Crosby and Jasmine. Jasmine can stay in the desert forever. I´m not happy with Crosby for cheating so quickly but Gaby was totally asking for it.lol They said good bye and then she stared at him for another 20sec. Come on. He is in relationship, you should say bye and leave.lol Loved Crosby´s respons to her being lonely "Are you only interacting with blind people?".lol
All of this. I'm never for cheaters but I can't seem to like Jasmine, she's so cold and stubborn and just... I don't see Crosby ever being happy with her. On the other hand, Crosby and Gaby are really cute together.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 02-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

A few points to add after watching this episode again in the gym and reading what you all have said lol

Kristina DIDNT annoy me, which is probably a first, i really dont usually like her at all, so that was awesome

When Sarah tickles Crosby's neck, his reaction seemed so real, im thinking it maybe was Lauren

A liked the Seth/Zeek scene, i always like when Zeek stands up for Sarah, he is very proctective of her, it always reminds me of the pilot "my shining angel Sarah"

Also i thought pretty much anything goes after 9pm? So people need to stop being prudes, it wasnt that bad tbh :/
Old 02-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRambles (View Post)
Also i thought pretty much anything goes after 9pm? So people need to stop being prudes, it wasnt that bad tbh :/
It's different from here, they can't have swearing or nudity I don't think. Not entirely sure but I think the censorship is definitely stricter.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Different here in AU (where Parenthood is on at 9:30 here) they can get away with just about anything on network TV including swearing and nudity. Californication is shown at 10pm here so PH is tame by comparison.

Back on topic. What I really missed this week was Camille, Jabbar and no lines from Sydney but I guess there is only so much they can fit into 42 minutes, still how hard would it have been to have Cami at the party siting next to her kids/grandkids?
Old 02-16-2011, 03:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)

Back on topic. What I really missed this week was Camille, Jabbar and no lines from Sydney but I guess there is only so much they can fit into 42 minutes, still how hard would it have been to have Cami at the party siting next to her kids/grandkids?
Well, didn't she say somewhere that she doesn't live locally and commutes to work - I think it's easy to assume that when she didn't have a significant storyline, there's no need for her to make a trip to sit in the background.

It's the same argument that comes up all the time with ensemble casts and child actors "Where's the baby? Where's so and so?" I think at times, you just have to take a bit of artistic license and assume the baby is with a sitter or in daycare. If the gran is not visible at the party and no explanation is offered, I'm gonna assume that Bonnie isn't on set that day and that Camille is there somewhere helping out, just not seen. I didn't think her absence justified an explanation.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Kristina DIDNT annoy me, which is probably a first, i really dont usually like her at all, so that was awesome
Kristina actually hasn't annoyed me the last couple of episode either.

Quote:
When Sarah tickles Crosby's neck, his reaction seemed so real, im thinking it maybe was Lauren
I thought the same thing. I'm going to choose to believe it's true because it makes me happy to think so.

Quote:
No, there's never a time on network tv where anything goes. I don't see anything in last night's episode that was bad though. I'm kinda glad we have some of the censorship rules that we have. I really don't need to hear the f word or to see some of the things that they would show otherwise. Imagination is a good thing.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)

No, there's never a time on network tv where anything goes. I don't see anything in last night's episode that was bad though. I'm kinda glad we have some of the censorship rules that we have. I really don't need to hear the f word or to see some of the things that they would show otherwise. Imagination is a good thing.
Well when i say anything goes i mean in terms of what was on the episode last night, it seems to be more strict over there in the US than it is in the UK.

And i choose to believe it was Lauren too, becasue its so adorable lol
Old 02-16-2011, 05:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wow, I'm really surprised that people were offended by the content of last night's episode. (And I'm kind of conservative in some ways: not a political right-wing "conservative" by the US political definition, but conservative in my personal behavior. )

Married people who like each other and are attracted to each other and want to make love! OH, THE HORRORS!!

What bugs is where are those same complainers when it comes to objecting to, or protesting or boycotting the horrible violence that's depicted on other shows (Criminal Minds, CSI, NCIS, L&O: SVU, various news magazines) It's a weird sensibility (or lack of sensibility, if you ask me.)

On another subject, I'm really starting to relax about some characters going MIA. It's a big cast, there are kids, and people who live away from LA, so there are going to be times when people aren't featured. And if skipping a scene with Jabbar or Camille or whoever saves some money (and wear and tear on the actors) and allows the show to live a bit longer, I'm OK with that. I think at this point they've demonstrated that they never forget a character forever, so it will come around again. As long as they never have a Sarah-free or Adam-free episode, I'm OK with it.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyone know where I can find the song "Struck by Lightning" by The Wooden Birds?

I can't find it on any legal or no so legal sites.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Anyone know where I can find the song "Struck by Lightning" by The Wooden Birds?
I looked for this song everywhere but didn't have much sucess.

Twitter |(Nathie)
Old 02-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathieGomes (View Post)
I looked for this song everywhere but didn't have much sucess.
From what I can tell The Wooden Birds have put out just one CD and it's not on there. I know it's listed on the NBC site but I know they have made mistakes in the past (don't know how) so I'm trying to ID the song via the lyrics and Shazam on my iPhone with no luck.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just finishing the transcript that Crosby leaves his hat on in the final scene, maybe that's what Jasmine is upset over

Parenthood Transcript s02e16