Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Parenthood 6.05 - “The Scale of Affection Is Fluid" - October 23

Quote:
Parenthood 6×05 “The Scale of Affection Is Fluid” – Max (Max Burkholder) gathers intel on his new friend in search of common ground. Though Kristina (Monica Potter) fears he’ll get his heart broken, he is more determined than ever to pursue this new relationship — especially after some botched advice from Adam (Peter Krause). Amber (Mae Whitman) makes an unexpected connection and finds herself smitten. Julia’s (Erika Christensen) new love interest shows up at the family BBQ and runs into Joel (Sam Jaeger). Crosby (Dax Shepard) lets loose with Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) grows concerned about her husband.
x
icon: Permanent_99
Old 10-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

I did'nt liked Parenthood so much......no lauren i knew its gonna come but it wasnt the same without her. but the scene with amber and drew was amazing. i dont care for the thing with crosby......
Old 10-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't mind Sarah wasn't there but yes the Amber/Drew stuff more than made up for it, nice to see Drew being the smart one. Amber had to tell the guy and I hope he returns but I guess this means no more Ryan?

I liked the Crosby/Zeek stuff, bitching about their lives and wives of course ending with a drunk Crosby in the back of the minivan.

Hard day fro Joel seeing the other guy their playing with his kids, love the basketball v baseball stuff from Joel.

Even Max was good with his love live, must be tough for him trying to work things out, not sure about the male Braverman's advice at the BBQ.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:31 AM
Extreme Fan

This weeks episode was okayish.
I missed Lauren a lot. even tho her storyline is frustrating.

I liked the scenes with Amber/Drew.

looking at Joel while he was eating pizza with the kids was painful.. esp when they started talking about chris and basketball..
Old 10-24-2014, 05:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Not one my favorite eps.

It felt really predictable this episode.
Of course Adam invited Chris into the bbq only to have Joel see him with the kids.

I don't think Amber has any idea how much her life is going to change when she has this baby. I'm pretty sure Drew has more of an idea. I'm glad he's been there for her so he can talk sense into her. I can imagine Sarah was like this when she was Amber's age.

Max was pretty cute this episode talking about the scale of affection. I like that Adam is encouraging him. Let him figure out a few things on his own without Kristina hovering over his every move.

Would have loved to have seen Sarah at the family BBQ.

Kerri
Old 10-24-2014, 04:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I know Lauren wasn't in this episode, but I really enjoyed it. Especially Max's storyline. The things he says make me smile. And ditto about Amber and Drew. He's really grown up.

And Nora was adorable as ever!

I did laugh, when Crosby said at the BBQ, how did Sarah get out of this? Adams reply, she's away doing a photoshoot. Could they have made it any obvious, aka, they can't afford her for this episode! Hehe
Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See if it wasn't for the contract limits then they would have just had a scene of Hank and Sarah at the photo shoot, maybe texting Amber at the BBQ.

Yeah loved Crosby asking how Sarah got out of it
Old 10-25-2014, 07:30 AM
Ultimate Fan

I enjoyed this episode despite, or perhaps because it didn't have Sarah's lame (imo) storyline with Hank, Sandy, and Ruby.

Those family gatherings are still probably the best scenes in the show, and this time it felt especially extended. I did wish it wasn't during the episode Lauren was out of, though.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 10-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjoni (View Post)
I enjoyed this episode despite, or perhaps because it didn't have Sarah's lame (imo) storyline with Hank, Sandy, and Ruby.

Those family gatherings are still probably the best scenes in the show, and this time it felt especially extended. I did wish it wasn't during the episode Lauren was out of, though.
I agree about missing Sarah at the BBQ. Family Gathering are my favourite too. Always have been, and she should have been present.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't get all the hate toward the Hank and Sarah/ruby storyline. It wouldn't make sense at all that Sarah and Hank are in a serious relationship (what we've wanted for her for seasons) and everything relating to their families is all neatly tied up. It wouldn't make sense.

I do agree that Hank and his ex shouldn't have screen time without Sarah, but I'm glad they are exploring the blended family thing.

I also want more time for Amber and Sarah. It feels like everyone in the family has been there for Amber more than Sarah has, which is silly and OOC for Sarah.
Old 10-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't know Lauren wouldn't be in this episode, but I enjoyed nonetheless. I hope Crosby gets his head screwed over his neck a bit tighter. He's being very childish.
Max's story is very sweet. I do hope the girl isn't trying to tease or mock him, he'd be crushed.
Loved Amber and Drew's scenes together. Drew has grown so much since he moved out of the house. And I agree with Kerri, she doesn't quite know just how much her life is going to change yet.
icon: Permanent_99