Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2014, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Parenthood 6.04 - A Potpourri of Freaks - October 16

Quote:
Parenthood 6×04 “A Potpourri of Freaks”

Max (Max Burkholder) meets a new friend who means more to him than Kristina (Monica Potter) and Adam (Peter Krause) initially expect. After an awkward run-in with Sandy (Betsy Brandt), Sarah (Lauren Graham) tries to understand her place in Ruby’s life, and conflict-averse Hank (Ray Romano) must test out his diplomacy skills. Julia (Erika Christensen) and Joel (Sam Jaeger) fear that the uncertainty of their separation is harming their children. Crosby (Dax Shepard) tries to avert crisis at the Lunchonette by chasing down Oliver (Tyson Ritter), who has gone off-the-grid.
x
icon: Permanent_99
Old 10-16-2014, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So much to like this week, need to gather my thoughts and post some more later but first I will say I liked how Kristina got through to Zeek. Also like the new girl at the school rubbing Kristina the wrong way. But most of all I liked how Hank stood up for his relationship with Sarah, something that was missing in S6 of GG with Luke and Lorelai.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Master Fan

Not everything has to be compared to GG, sheesh.

I think Kristina was just the right person to get through to Zeek. I still don't care anything about Hank, but I guess I'm glad Sarah is in a good relationship.

That's all my thoughts for now.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:09 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't want to put too much of a downer on this episode, but I didn't like it as much as the previous weeks. Here's way...

First of all, I really didn't care for the Hank/Sandy/Sarah storyline. I really want to like it, but I can't get on board. When Hank said, 'she is going to breakfast with her daughter', I really wanted to see that scene, not another one of him and Sandy!

I actually missed seeing Amber this week. I would liked to have seen a scene with her and Sarah, discussing how the baby situation went with Ryan. Which I thought we might have got a breakfast scene for?

I understand that Crosby is under a lot of pressure, but he was just plain annoying this week. I just wanted him to be quite!

Okay, so here is what I really enjoyed.

Adam in the Kitchen with the kids. That was very funny.

Loved the scene between Julia and Zeek. That was a sweet moment, shared.

Also, Zeek and Kristina. I could tell when Adam was talking to his Mum, that she was going to be the one, to motivate him.

and lastly, I especially liked the end scene between Joel, Julia and Sydney. I did cry at that point.
Old 10-17-2014, 03:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Need to add I like what they are doing with Max, getting bored with the whole Sydney story and her parents.

I also missed Amber and Drew this week but I'm sure they will be back soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
Not everything has to be compared to GG, sheesh.
I agree but for fans of GG who were crying out for something like this it's kinda good to see it on the screen.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)

First of all, I really didn't care for the Hank/Sandy/Sarah storyline. I really want to like it, but I can't get on board. When Hank said, 'she is going to breakfast with her daughter', I really wanted to see that scene, not another one of him and Sandy!

I actually missed seeing Amber this week. I would liked to have seen a scene with her and Sarah, discussing how the baby situation went with Ryan. Which I thought we might have got a breakfast scene for?
I totally agree with this. The Hank/Sandy stuff is so irrelevant at the moment with only 9 episodes left. I would have much preferred to see Sarah and amber spend time sorting out the baby issue rather than if sandy is happy for Sarah to be involved in Ruby's life. Two characters that don't even need to be in the show.
Sarah would have enough of a story line with just Hank, Amber and drew. It would be a much more meaningful storyline as well. So frustrating!

I did really enjoy the kid annoying Kristina haha. That was something different for a change, she had no control over her.
The zeek and Julia scene was really cute! Would have liked to have seen the aforementioned Sarah and zeek scene as well.

I did love Lauren's "sometimes 40" line haha.

I felt so sorry for Sydney, Julia and Joel in the end. That's the first time I've felt invested in that story for a while.

See what next week brings I guess. Hopefully more of the main cast and family scenes.

Kerri
Old 10-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Comparison with GG have no place in a show that's completely different. Period

I liked the episode, some parts more than others. I didn't care about the Hank/Sandy stuff, especially, like you said, since there's only a handful of eps left. I guess they didn't want to focus on Amber's story two episodes in a row, but I'd have liked at least a scene with her and Sarah.
I'm not sure Kristina knows what to do as a principal. My boyfriend is a teacher, and it takes a lot more than "waking up one morning" to know what to do with kids. I don't think she had a constructive moment with the new girl.
I'm curious to see what is going to happen with Max, though! The fact that he'd even admit to liking a girl is a huge step for him, so I was happy to see that.
The scene of Adam in the school kitchen was absolutely adorable! Loved it.
I feel so bad for the whole Julia/Joel/Sydney situation. Sydney is a spoiled brat, but she's clearly suffering and so are her parents. I hope we get a resolution soon. But Joel can't expect Julia to just forget the way he behaved last season. He was a complete idiot.
The whole Zeek story is something that, as a doctor, I've seen way too many times. It was sweet of everyone to try and move him, but I had a feeling Kristina would be the one to do it, because they have a very similar experience. It was really sweet to see her be so close to someone who is not her father.
Crosby was a real idiot. And, after seeing the bruise on his left flank (spleen area), I'm a bit more concerned with what some of you were saying last week, about a possible serious injury for him. Jasmine should have kicked his butt all the way to an ER.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 10-17-2014, 09:11 AM
Extreme Fan

This episode was okayish.

The scenes I enjoyed was:
- Kristina/Zeek
- Julia/Zeek

Julia/Joel/Sydney = IT HURTS. that is all.

Other than that I agree with you guys said regarding Sarah/Hank/Ruby. it`s the most frustrating storyline and I hate it.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

[QUOTE=valeposh;78470729]Comparison with GG have no place in a show that's completely different. Period

If there's a similar storyline with the same actress then comparison is inevitable unfortunately. Very different shows? Yes. Similar storyline with character played by LG in the same role within that storyline? Also yes. Lets also not forget that this is a Lauren Graham forum so most people on here have seen her on both shows and cant help but compare when led so obviously by the storyline currently playing out onscreen.
Old 10-17-2014, 09:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
Comparison with GG have no place in a show that's completely different. Period
Amen! I don't even think about Gilmore Girls/Lorelai when I'm watching Parenthood.

This episode was probably my least favourite of the season so far. I missed amber this week and wish we could have had a breakfast scene. But I guess this week it was Mae's turn to miss an episode. Having said that, I don't like the look of Amber's story line next week. Can't they just concentrate on her getting ready to have a baby?! I hope it only lasts one episode.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:02 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs brightside (View Post)

This episode was probably my least favourite of the season so far. I missed amber this week and wish we could have had a breakfast scene. But I guess this week it was Mae's turn to miss an episode. Having said that, I don't like the look of Amber's story line next week. Can't they just concentrate on her getting ready to have a baby?! I hope it only lasts one episode.
Totaly agree.

so I think the next episode is Lauren free...?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Amazing Job Peter! the scene with Adam and his Mom was so amazing.....And End was great.....I missed Amber...but we knew that we would miss some of them. next week it is Lauren...its gonna be hard.
Old 10-18-2014, 04:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

My only GG comparison was this is the way most L&L fans wanted things to go, for Luke to stand up for his relationship with Lorelai. I love that Hank with all his problems did the right thing and didn't cave in to Sandy's will.

I didn't know next week was a Sarah free ep, I thought it might be light, so time will tell. Hope we get Amber and Drew back. In my mind Sarah, Amber and Drew visited Zeek together and the scene was cut.

Yes Peter did a good job directing, wonder if the rest of the cast will get a shot in this last season?
Old 10-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

I kinda enjoyed this episode because it was the first episode this season that I watched without hurry, tucked in my bed.

I don´t like GG comparisons but if only Luke did the same as Hank. It would save us lots of heartache.

I still don´t understand why is Adam teaching cooking classes?

I didn´t really care for Crosby´s story this week.