Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2014, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

Parenthood - 6.02 - Happy Birthday, Zeek - October 2

Your thoughts on the episode

Quote:
Episode description:

Kristina struggles to accommodate the individual needs of her Chambers Academy students, and Adam gets roped into the chaos when the school’s lunch vendor quits on the spot. Zeek faces a tough decision about his health, and amidst strong opinions from the other siblings, Crosby supports his dad. Joel and Julia meet with Sydney’s teacher when girl drama erupts at school. Sarah wrestles with her ambivalence about Amber’s big news.

Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Extreme Fan

Really loved this episode.. even more than last week's!

So many great scenes.. Zeek and Amber on the porch steps, Sarah and Amber looking at old baby pictures, the whole family listening to the kids' song, Joel/Julia's fight outside the school (so sad but incredibly well acted and I could definitely understand Julia's pov).

Next week's episode looks very emotional, hope Zeek's surgery goes well..
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 10-03-2014, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Didn't like that start with Sarah not hugging Amber, much better when she told Zeek. But it was nice to then talk at the end and Sarah showing Amber the photos.

Don't like how they are putting all the blame on Joel over their break up. Can understand Sydney lashing out and it was nice to see Julia call Joel and talk.

Only music this week (apart from the kids song)
Night at Lake Unknown by Conor Oberst

Last edited by lancer1993; 10-03-2014 at 12:20 AM
Old 10-03-2014, 03:04 AM
Extreme Fan

Lancer, you didn't like this episode? I thought it wonderful. There wasn't a storyline I didn't like. Everybody had equal screen time. I laughed and I cried. So, this was a perfect Parenthood episode!

You'd think the best scenes went to Sarah and Amber, especially the ending. And Amber telling Zeek she was pregnant, his reaction was so wonderful. But for me, Nora stole the episode, with her line, 'NOOO!'. That was cutest thing ever!

I think Sarah acted the same way, she acted, when Amber told her, that Ryan and her were getting married. So, I am not surprized that she acted any different, when she was told about the baby news. I think it's her own way of caring.

Loved all the scenes between Adam/Crosby/Zeek. Poor Sarah and Crosby,
always being blamed for being the bad siblings.

And for once, I agreed with Hank, discussing how Amber got pregnant, when she was in the hospital? And also Julia telling Joel, about him giving up on her, how it was not like him? Questions, I think all Parenthood fans have been asking!

And the ending was beautiful, with the entire family together. They are my favoutite scenes on the show. I hope we see some 'Fever' before the show ends!

And just when I had wiped the tears of this episode, I see the promo for next week!
Old 10-03-2014, 03:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I liked it, I just didn't like some parts.

I think the best scene was Amber telling Zeek.

Not sure if the promo is just for next week?
Old 10-03-2014, 06:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Enjoyed this episode, as well, perhaps even a tad more than last week (no Hank's ex...).

Can't remember when I last liked two episodes in a row.

Once again, we got a beautiful scene between Amber and Zeek. I liked how there was no need to explicitly explain that Amber's news is what caused him to change his mind about having the surgery - he wants to live to see his great grandkid...

Loved the last scene between Amber and Sarah, naturally.

Also, always thought and felt what Julia finally told Joel about his complete personality change last season. Still wish she hadn't actively moved on by sleeping with others...

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 10-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Part-Time Fan

So many great scenes! A lot of funny scenes as well as the dramatic and emotional scenes.
Amber and zeek was my favourite. I'm glad someone was positive towards her, she looked so scared! Still sounds weird hearing amber say she's going to be a mum!
Lauren was hilarious when she walked into the party haha.. "what is going on here"

I loved this episode! I hope that hanks ex doesn't get much more screen time. Every episode needs to be just about the braverman's and their family, specifically scenes with all of them together. I can't believe we only have 11 episodes left!
I love this family.

Kerri
Old 10-03-2014, 09:22 AM
Extreme Fan

This weeks episode was very good!
I liked all the storylines.

and also: YAY for only one scene with Sarah/Hank.

Fav scenes: Zeek/Amber the final scene with Sarah/Amber looking at the photoalbum.
Also

The Julia/Joel stuff just hurts..
Old 10-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Loved this episode!
Seeing zeek so happy for Amber was so cute, especially after Sarah's (understandably) shocked reaction.
Same as last week my favourite scenes were basically all the Amber ones. Although, I hope she's not going to be crying the whole season!
I also loved hank's response about Ryan being in the hospital and how unrealistic it was because that's what everyone's thinking.
Also loved Nora's no to her breakfast, so cute
Old 10-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Extreme Fan

I totally missed that Lauren/Sarah was holding baby Aida during the b'day party.. so cute! https://www.facebook.com/Parenthood/...type=1&theater
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 10-03-2014, 11:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shani313 (View Post)
I totally missed that Lauren/Sarah was holding baby Aida during the b'day party.. so cute! https://www.facebook.com/Parenthood/...type=1&theater
Just saw that posted on FB, myself. So cute. Shame they didn't show that.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It was also cute when Amber was left holding the baby.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Every week I say to my mum I hate that this show makes me cry at the smallest things.. I'm not a crier but far out I think I broke out 3 times this ep. I love this show I some how feel it's my mums family they are 6 kids and we've been through all these dramas but it's so good to see on TV. Losing parenthood is something I don't want to think about right now
Last nights ep amazing Mae Whitman is honestly one of the best young actors going around!!!

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten
Old 10-04-2014, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

was I the only one who was hoping Hank would be at the party?
Old 10-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
was I the only one who was hoping Hank would be at the party?
YEP! Ahaha