Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - 5.18 - The Offer - March 20

Quote:
Joel misunderstands where to pick up Victor from baseball and old feelings of abandonment overtake his thoughts. Sarah is anxiously awaiting a response from the ad agency on her final project. Amber tries to talk Drew into taking his life back. Max goes on a class trip and struggles to understand his classmates.
Source: NBC
icon: Permanent_99
Old 03-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another solid ep.

Parts I liked were the Max storyline, break down in the car. Victor feeling abandoned and Hanks speaking his mind, then waiting out side while Sarah went into the meeting. Drew singing was good also.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

The episode was pretty good.. This is the first time I actually felt sorry for Hank and Max. Must be really hard for them to show their feelings and tonight they did it really well. Sarah was awesome as always , all the anxiety, saying she would cry if she didn't get the job was super cute. And the last part hugging Hank like a little girl was adorable. The only thing I miss and keep missing every episode of this season are scenes with Sarah and her kids.. or Sarah and her parents.

Ohhh and Hank saying the Bravermans are like Starbucks was really funny! lol

Lauren Graham is my

Old 03-21-2014, 12:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also like that Zeek said lets sell but Camille said no, completely reversing what they said before.
Old 03-21-2014, 03:10 AM
Loyal Fan

No promo for next week ?!?
I want Sarah to go ape at Amber for giving Drew weed.. I like where this story line can go.

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten
Old 03-21-2014, 03:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Another solid episode this week, but slightly more tears than laughter.

Max I can usually take or leave, but this week, hearing his story was heartbreaking. The look on Kristina face, especially Adams, said it all.

Victor storyline was sad too. I know many of you think Sidney comes off as a spoiled brat, and maybe she did a little in this episode, with her 'everything was fine until you moved in'. It isn't Victors fault, but as a young child, I can see why she would think that. I do have some empathy towards her.

and it's so sad that the Braverman house is on it's way to being sold. Why would anyone want to sell it? Yes, it's only a fake house, but it so beautiful!

Really happy for Sarah, but Hank on the other hand, I could do without. When he gave Sarah a massage, it was so awkward, I had to look away! I wish he would just listen to her. She likes you as a FRIEND!

And lastly, I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this, but I have to say this, but does anyone else find Amber and Drews relationship, slightly weird? Yes, they're close friends in real life, but I feel that friendship is making it's way into their storyline, and it's really creepying me out. They're too touchy feely, for a brother and sister.

Promo for next week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbCmdf599jA

Ekkk, I can't wait!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Next weeks promo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbCmdf599jA

edited - damn you beet me by one minute!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)
And lastly, I hope I don't offend anyone when I say this, but I have to say this, but does anyone else find Amber and Drews relationship, slightly weird? Yes, they're close friends in real life, but I feel that friendship is making it's way into their storyline, and it's really creepying me out. They're too touchy feely, for a brother and sister.
Yes! I noticed it last week to. It's like they're almost dating or something strange like that.

I did enjoy this ep a lot. I really felt for max and victor this week. Kristina and Adams face said it all. As much as Kristina annoys me I do think it would be so hard not knowing how to help max when he says things like that. I loved that she just hugged him.

I almost thought that Julia and Joel were actually going to talk about what is happening.. But no they just keep avoiding the talk that could actually get things moving for them.

Sarah was cute this episode, love the 'I'm going to cry' scene. Can't wait to see what happens next week

Kerri
Old 03-21-2014, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the promo.. Can't wait!!!

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 AM
Extreme Fan

I didn`t like this episode that much.
The Julia/Joel/Victor/Sydney storyline so upsetting to watch.. I hate everything about this.

I`m also so sick of Sarah spending every single second on this show with Hank... :/ I`m soo looking forward to next week when Mark is back.<3
I would have enjoyed Sarahs good news from surf sports more if Hank wasn`t there. ugh. she should have shared that with Amber or someone else.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Loyal Fan

Just caught up.

I agree about the Amber/Drew thing! They have always been close but for some reason this season it's a lot more visual than before. And it irritates me that Sarah seems to be so distant from them for some reason now. And that she can't have a storyline that doesn't revolve around Hank (again, men=her life apparently).

The Joelia thing, I'm finding difficult to watch. It has been done in an extremely realistic way but its still upsetting.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenislove (View Post)
I`m also so sick of Sarah spending every single second on this show with Hank... :/ I`m soo looking forward to next week when Mark is back.<3
Me too! I just wish Hank would just disappear.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I found it fitting Hank was there after all he was a big part in the project and I do think without his help it would not have worked. I'm looking forward to see Mark return but not expecting much.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really like this ep. Really dramatic with the Julia/Joel/Victor/Sydney and Adam/Kristina/Max storylines. Enjoyed the Sarah sl adding a bit of comedy into the night.

I agree with Mae and Miles friendship creeping into Amber and Drew. Not liking that at all. Also not liking Amber and Drew's drinking and getting stoned and Drew not going to school just because of Natalie and Berto. He has no right to get mad or jealous because he did have Amy there for a while and now that she is gone, he just thinks that all is suppose to be okay between him and Natalie. He is one confused/selfish guy as far as I'm concerned.

I thought it fitting for Hank to be there, too. I just hope that this is the end of Sarah and Hank. I don't want them together in a relationship again and I would like for Sarah to now get out on her own, getting more jobs and having her own company.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForverLove (View Post)
As much as Kristina annoys me I do think it would be so hard not knowing how to help max when he says things like that. I loved that she just hugged him.
Seriously. When she hugged him and continued to hug him after he said he doesn't like hugs - I almost threw up. I'm still feeling all tight in the chest and shaken about it. So many people have done that to me and I hate it. I hate it more than anything. She hugged him for HERSELF, not for him. If someone tells you not to touch them then don't freaking touch them, it's not that difficult. My mother still does it and it's not okay.

Amber and Drew have been creeping me out for a while. I've been trying to tell myself they're close because of their childhood but it's getting way too much.

I liked Hank this week - portraying him as a person rather than a stereotype works for me (duh).

Oh my, have I missed Mark. I love him so much.