Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Elite Fan

Parenthood - 5.15 - Just Like Home - February 27

Quote:
"PARENTHOOD"

"JUST LIKE AT HOME"

02/27/2014 (10:00PM - 11:00PM) (Thursday) : FAMILY ALWAYS COMES FIRST FOR THE BRAVERMAN’S - Julia (Erika Christensen) leans on her siblings for support during this trying time with Joel (Sam Jaeger). Jasmine (Joy Bryant) and Crosby (Dax Shepard) move in with Zeek (Craig T. Nelson) and Camille (Bonnie Bedelia) while their house is under repair. Meanwhile, Drew (Miles Heizer) confides in Amber (Mae Whitman) for advice on girls.

Also starring: Lauren Graham, Peter Krause, Monica Potter, Max Burkholder, Savannah Rae Paige, Tyree Brown, Ray Romano

TV-14 D
x
icon: Permanent_99
Old 02-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

The episode just ended here on the East Coast and it was such a good one. I have to process and will be back with a real review, but it had so much heart. And so many scenes with Lauren!! Loved it. The only bad thing was Hank. I don't like him... but such a great ep!!
Old 02-27-2014, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Hank was good, don't like Carl, he seems too good to be true. JMO

The sibling party and dancing was the best part, especially how they spent the night.

Liked the S'mores with Amber and Drew.

Such a great episode!
Old 02-28-2014, 03:44 AM
Master Fan

why, why, why another love triangle for Sarah? the preivew for the next episode is the worst.

the sibling scene was everything I like about the show. Loved how Julia cried that they all came to support her. so sweet.

Old 02-28-2014, 04:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Can we please not moan about another Sarah love traingle yet, and focus on how amazing this episode was? It had everything I wanted in an episode from this show, sadness, tears, smiles, laughter and plently of Siblings scenes. It was transported back to early days of Parenthood. I had this feeling from the beginning that Crosby, Sarah and Adam would eventually show up, and be there for Julia. I was hoping it would be a group scene, and my wish came true! Cannot put into word, my feelings towards all those scenes, especially where Adam showed up, and 'The Fever' came out, and those crazy Braverman dance moves ruled my screens once again! The way Sarah hugged Julia in the end scene, then Sarah laying asleep next to Julia, then going into where Crosby was sleeping, and turning of his light, and putting the blanket over Adam. So precious! That whole end scene was beautifully done. Only this show can make you cry and smile all at once. Moving on to Joel, Victor and Sydney. Am not a child of divorce, but am sure many of you out there, could relate to their situation. Joel trying to make this seem normal as one can. I thought it was very well acted on their parts.

And lastly, I don't want to forget to mention the other wonderful scene, where all the remining Grandchildren were at Zeek and Camille (at the end). I hope this makes them think twice about selling the house? Because I want more moments like that. Amber and Nora, were so sweet together!
Old 02-28-2014, 05:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Not been able to watch this yet, can't wait as it sounds like a goodie
Old 02-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)

the sibling scene was everything I like about the show. Loved how Julia cried that they all came to support her. so sweet.
That scene was like...probably one of the best all season. Just loved it and it made me want to jump into my tv screen and join them!
Sarah
Old 02-28-2014, 08:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

ok, that was one of the best episodes this season... I loved it
Old 02-28-2014, 08:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenlorelai (View Post)
That scene was like...probably one of the best all season. Just loved it and it made me want to jump into my tv screen and join them!
OMG, this is how I felt to!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:19 AM
Extreme Fan

This was such an awesome episode! Soo many great moments. My favorite is definitely the siblings scene. So sweet how Julia got emotional that they all decided to come see her and then the dance party was perfect. I wish we could see the 4 of them together much more often than we do.

Other sweet scenes: Adam and Kristina in the mudbath talking about how they got through everything together, Julia talking Victor to sleep in the middle of the night while we see that all the siblings had slept over, and how the grandkids were gathered at Zeek and Camille's house.

I also liked how Carl told Sarah about how he honestly feels about her. It's nice that Hank is trying to get better at communicating and stuff, but I really don't like them together as a couple. I hope she doesn't choose him over Carl.

I want it to be next Thursday already!
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 02-28-2014, 10:26 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
why, why, why another love triangle for Sarah? the preivew for the next episode is the worst.
I agree. so much hate.

Hank is acting worse than ever before and he doesn`t deserv to be with Sarah. I just hope she turns him down.

----------

My favorite part of this episode was the scenes with adam, sarah, crosby and Julia. that was beautiful. and it made me happy. <3 the ending where Julia was talking to Victor made me cry.. idk why. ;p
Old 02-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Elite Fan

Agree with everything that's been said about the siblings and grandchildren's scenes. So sweet, funny and comforting. Those are the moments when I feel all warm and cozy and want to be a Braverman. Victor calling Julia in the middle of the night was also sweet, especially if you think of how much things have changed from last year, when he barely spoke to her. Kristina was fun and non annoying too.
I like Carl and I like him and Sarah together, I think they could be a great match and I hope the "love triangle" gets solved quicker than expected. By murdering Hank.
Seriously though, how can they think Hank is a good match for her? He's awkward, and bad at expressing emotions, and most of all, he doesn't "get" her the way Carl does (see the taco truck or when she was panicking about not being qualified for the job). It's great that Hank is seeking advice and help for his condition, but that doesn't mean he should get the girl.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
Seriously though, how can they think Hank is a good match for her? He's awkward, and bad at expressing emotions, and most of all, he doesn't "get" her the way Carl does (see the taco truck or when she was panicking about not being qualified for the job). It's great that Hank is seeking advice and help for his condition, but that doesn't mean he should get the girl.
I agree. I hope Sarah doesn't choose Hank because of his condition. Carl and her, have so much more chemisty, then she and Hank ever did.

FYI, I prefer the photo with the taco truck in the background!
Old 02-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Carl and her, have so much more chemisty, then she and Hank ever did.
Totally! And when he told her how she was beautiful, and funny... her eyes were shining. She looked so happy. Hank had his chance and blew it. Why shouldn't she open her heart to a new guy?
And most of all, why should she have YET ANOTHER love triangle? Enough already!
Gah. I'm getting frustrated about this storyline.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

Could become a love rectangle for Sarah, who knows...

I really enjoyed the episode, as well, and for the same reasons you guys did. Namely - family/siblings/grandkids being there for each other and with each other.
Also, felt like the continuity was good and the scenes were divided well between the ongoing story lines.

Too bad ratings were poor.

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls