Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2010, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Parenthood #5 ~ Say Goodbye to Booty Calls!

By: Hayley3380

'Parenthood' exclusive: Helen Hunt out! Lauren Graham in! | Ausiello | EW.com

Official Parenthood site on NBC.com

Promo aired on November 26th:

Promo aired on December 21st:

This is the Parenthood General Discussion thread. As any other thread, if not specified otherwise, this is a spoiler-free thread.
Please respect the spoilers rules:

Quote:
Spoilers:

• No spoilers about any new or current television shows are allowed on the television show forums, and they should only be posted on the Spoilers Forum. Information is considered to be a spoiler if it details something that has not yet been broadcast anywhere in the world. Promos that have already aired on television and small episode descriptions are not considered to be spoilers.
• Spoilers are allowed on the Male and Female Celebrity Forums as long as the spoilers are limited to information about the character that the actor or actress is playing on the television show that they’re on, and they’re not about the overall show. Spoilers on these forums should only be posted to discuss the upcoming work of the actor or actress, and they must be posted in separate topics and be clearly identified with the word Spoiler in the title.
• Spoiler threads for upcoming movies are permitted on the Movies forum or on forums that are devoted to a movie franchise, as long as they're clearly identified with the word Spoiler in the title. Spoilers should not be discussed on the general threads on these forums.
• Spoilers for new books should only be discussed at the Spoilers Forum prior to the official release of the book.

Pictures
• Pictures from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Pictures of clips, episode stills and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie that are available on the Internet and have not been aired on television or have not been shown at the movie theatre before the movie is released are considered to be spoilerish, and they should only be posted in designated threads for the upcoming episode or movie.

• Avatars made from promos that have already aired on television, been shown at the movie theatre, or are from general promotional material at official websites or published in magazines are not considered to be spoilers.
• Avatars made from pictures of clips, episode stills from official websites, and filming pictures of scenes from an upcoming episode or movie should not be used until after the episode airs or until the movie is released, because avatars can be seen all over Fan Forum, and we want to respect the wishes of members that don’t want to see any spoilers for an upcoming episode.

Episode descriptions
• Small snippets/blurbs from TV Guide/Entertainment Weekly etc. are fine.
• Longer episode descriptions (like for example the ones FOX provides), are considered to be spoilerish and should just be discussed on the episode discussion thread until the episode airs or they should be posted with spoiler tags in various threads on the television boards here.
Thank you,
Shannon and Val

Parenthood Campaign Thread - let's get a board for the show!

Previous Thread

Last edited by LG Stargirl; 01-09-2010 at 08:55 PM
Old 01-09-2010, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread, now lets have some news!
Old 01-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Total Fan

I was at my work office party tonight....we had a projector screen with the Cowboys Eagles game and a new parenthood promo came on...a really long one with Lauren, Mae and the boyfriend. Unfortunately we didn't have volume so I couldnt' hear it but it had the boyfriend talking to Lauren and then it was sort of the same stuff in the last promo and more of them outside arguing .....I sure hope I get to see it again but with sound!!! Looked really good!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:08 AM
Extreme Fan

thanks for the new thread.

I hope we can enjoy that new promo soon!
Old 01-10-2010, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

I can't wait to see the new promo. Sounds like so much fun with a lot of characters in there. And I love to see the drama side of the show.

And I can't wait for the panel today

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 01-10-2010, 03:47 AM
Master Fan

I feel almost sorry for NBC, everyone is ready to grill them today.lol

Old 01-10-2010, 04:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey - popping in really quicly

It looks like they have show the pilot to the critics at the hotel - unless i've totally misunderstood this tweet

Daniel Fienberg (HitFixDaniel) did an angry tweet re NBC saying that not everyone staed at the hotel cos heyalready live in LA and those people would have liked to see the Parenthoodpilot too

Shame But hopefully that does meansome others saw it!
Old 01-10-2010, 04:19 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Michelle!
And now let's wait for some news later today!
icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

New article about Parenthood. Nothing really new in it, but Lauren is quoted.

'Parenthood' - latimes.com

Old 01-10-2010, 04:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke (View Post)
New article about Parenthood. Nothing really new in it, but Lauren is quoted.

'Parenthood' - latimes.com
Thanks for the link Katka, going to the spoiler thread to talk about it...
Old 01-10-2010, 06:20 AM
Addicted Fan

thanks Katka

Quote:
"Sarah's kind of a mess, and it's nice to see that," Graham said. "The show's got these rough edges and a certain reality to it that, honest to God, is really hard on television because these kinds of characters always end up having to be a hero."
yay,Lauren's character as a hero

icon by *Nora*
Old 01-10-2010, 06:27 AM
Master Fan

I liked that part, too, Chrissi! *nod* Thanks for the article, Katka - I loved it.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
I was at my work office party tonight....we had a projector screen with the Cowboys Eagles game and a new parenthood promo came on...a really long one with Lauren, Mae and the boyfriend. Unfortunately we didn't have volume so I couldnt' hear it but it had the boyfriend talking to Lauren and then it was sort of the same stuff in the last promo and more of them outside arguing .....I sure hope I get to see it again but with sound!!! Looked really good!!!
Joy, I saw that promo. It seemed to be a reworking of the "why some animals eat their young" promo, but Lauren actually talked in this one! I can't remember her first line, but her second one was where she suggests that the boyfriend put on a shirt.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I recorded every single commercial during SNL last night in hopes of catching the new promo. No luck.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG Stargirl (View Post)
I recorded every single commercial during SNL last night in hopes of catching the new promo. No luck.
Michelle, try "Chuck" tonight and tomorrow night. I think that's a good bet seeing as PH is going to be on after that show.